Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:happy: My sister and I got up early and managed to get to the post office, Target to get my last check, a kitchen store to find a tool for her boyfriend, the bank, and halfway to a shopping mall before we had a big blow out and came home. She yelled at me that I have to call a cab to go to the airport. Then when we got home she gave me my hanukkah gift and asked if I wanted to exchange now so I gave her gift to her. After that she asked what I wanted to do. WTF :| I wanted to go to this mall and exchange a sweater for a different color. I guess I'll wait til I get to MSP....if I get to MSP :happy:

the dog is way too polite. She doesn't even beg for food! :coocoo: She knows she can't sit on the couch unless the blanket is on here. She has been patiently waiting at my feet for about 5 minutes just staring at me. I wasn't paying any attention to her to realize the blanket was on the floor. I put the blanket on the couch and now she's practically on my lap. Most dogs I've been around would have jumped up on the couch without the blanket or whined to make their needs known. She just patiently waits. She's never been yelled at once about jumping on the couch so I'm just amazed that she's smart enough to know that no blanket means no Roxy on the couch.

A 40 minute delay is not bad.
Hoping that you get to MSP with no problems *crosses fingers*
Dress extra warm.

:(

Going to church tonight to avoid blizzard conditions and bitter cold tomorrow.

At least it is officially Winter tomorrow ...........Spring is the next season :up:
(yes, I know it is a long way away but it is the next season, no arguement...........nobody burst my happy bubble :mad: )

:happy: delayed an hour and 20 minutes now.......

Hope you are on your way home as I type this!

We're getting freezing rain right now that could last until early morning. I had to do my early opening shift this morning at Job 2 and am glad it was today. The weekend before last I had to drive in icy conditions and slid 3 times....2 of which was while just driving straight like a 95 year old grandma at about 25 mph.

Just got the weather report from Super Sexy Jym. :heart:

Apparently after having to deal with very cold temps the past few weeks we are going into a pattern of warmer temps 40's-50's starting around Christmas Eve....go figure it would be the days that you expect to be bundled up! I'm not complaining though since I didn't realize how spoiled we have been the past few years with mild winter temps.

:crack:

I'm in Minnesota!!!!!!!! Finally!

I knew it was delayed so I took my sweet time getting to the airport. The original flight was 6:55 so I arrived around 6ish.....my plane was coming from MN and then going back so they arrived around 9:00 :crack: I have no idea what time we left, maybe 9:30. It took forever and a day to get my luggage and then due to the lovely ice it took forever to get home. My mom wanted to know if I wanted to be up and ready by 10 am tomorrow. :huh:

This is all too weird. I wasn't expecting to be here right now. If you would have told me two weeks ago, when I was working 12 hour days, that I would be jobless for a few weeks at the end of the month and able to go home for basically as long as I wanted, I wouldn't have believed it. It's all still shocking....and scary.

Hope you are on your way home as I type this!

We're getting freezing rain right now that could last until early morning. I had to do my early opening shift this morning at Job 2 and am glad it was today. The weekend before last I had to drive in icy conditions and slid 3 times....2 of which was while just driving straight like a 95 year old grandma at about 25 mph.

Just got the weather report from Super Sexy Jym. :heart:

I forgot all about Jym!

:yippie: you're home! Woke up to the end of a news story about a jet sliding off the end of a runway and then had to stay awake to hear where the plane was coming from and heading to. Denver to Houston was the route.

Welcome back to the midwest...........Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Freezing rain, no thanks! Walking on it is challenging enough, can't imagine driving :crack: in the stuff

it is 7 below and the wind chill is currently 29 below. Possibilities of 40 below wind chill :happy:

:yippie: you're home! Woke up to the end of a news story about a jet sliding off the end of a runway and then had to stay awake to hear where the plane was coming from and heading to. Denver to Houston was the route.

Welcome back to the midwest...........Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Freezing rain, no thanks! Walking on it is challenging enough, can't imagine driving :crack: in the stuff

let me tell you I was squeezing the arm rest and shakin' in my boots from the time it became clear that we were about to land until we stopped moving. I felt like it took them a few seconds longer to touch the ground. Had I not been going to MSP I would have been worried about the ice and sliding. We're used to ice, and lots of it, so I knew everything on the runway would be ok....at least that's what I told myself in order to remain calm. Leaving should be a real treat....waiting in line forever to de-ice :crack:

:crack: My mom got me up around 11 to color my hair. :crack: She was doing hers so she wanted to get mine out of the way at the same time :happy: I don't get up that early! I went to bed at about 3 Phx time so it was only 10 Phx time when I got up. TOO EARLY! Now we're all going to get bundled up to go shopping with my brother. At 37 the poor boy still can't buy gifts for his friends on his own. His best friends from childhood are twins. They're both married with kids now so he has to get family gifts plus a gift for the twins' parents. He's been going to xmas eve dinner at the parents house since the beginning of time. Their mom used to have me bake for their party way back when. Anyways he never can seem to get this taken care of alone so off we go into the cold and ice. Then it's the family Hanukkah party and Vikings :love: game! The party is going to be really odd because it's too cold for my grandpa and great aunt to go outside so they won't be there. Plus all of my gifts are in the mail so I won't get anything, which is perfectly ok with me. I just want to see my boy later this week, that's it......

I can't believe the score of the Cardinals game :crack:

Last week while my Vikings were murdering them in the 1st quarter, there were people in the stands that kept saying the Cards were losing on purpose or weren't trying because there was NO WAY a team like the Vikings could come in and beat them. :der: I wonder what sort of excuse those peeps are saying this week...

Bedroom shifted back to the normal set up since tree didn't go up.
Problem? The bed is under the window *brr*
Froze earlier taking garbage out.

I will be going to bed early.............I have been sooooo tired all day and have a slight sore throat :happy:
Orange juice coming up

Tomorrow night I have to wrap gifts.
Tuesday night after work I have some kitchen duty things to do in prep for Wed. I will be leaving directly at 7:45 Tuesday night. I don't want to spend all night in the kitchen.
I have Christmas Eve off, Christmas Day goes without saying.

It is bittersweet watching Holmgren and Favre talk.
The good ol' days were fun :cute:

truth be told I will always have a soft spot for both of those guys

I ended up getting some gifts today, mainly a small bit of cash and gift cards to Target. Both will come in handy since I'm going to be super poor soon. Since no one knew I was coming in, most of my main stuff is in the mail. I am going to buy myself a purple Vikings sweatshirt while I'm here with some of the cash. I wanted to find one in Oct but didn't have the time.

:mad: I'm so frustrated about work and what sort of hours I'm going to get in the future. I got a phone call tonight from one of the Chefs at the restaurant that I make the desserts for. He was in a panic and really stressed out that the bakery was completely locked up. I told him what he needed to do and then called my supervisor to let her know that he needed to get security to break into the shop and let him into the freezer to take things. She said I did the right thing under the circumstances but was so pissed that no one listened to her when she told them I needed to be working this week just in case they needed help. Oh well....

I don't know what to do with myself right now. I'm never good with time off and nothing to do. I think that's why I always seem to have 2 jobs even during those wonderful days when I didn't need to work a 2nd job. When I get back to Phx I definitely need to find something. Hopefully it will be in a bakery. The whole target cashier thing was definitely not my style anymore. WM would have been awesome but the one near my house sucks. I think it's the only retail setting I would enjoy. I loved working there last year.

I think I've narrowed it down to leaving either a week from today or tomorrow. That way I could be available to work Tues-Thurs if needed. I usually don't act impulsively like this so I'm kicking myself for not buying a round trip ticket the other night. Now the rates are changing everytime I look at them. Is it sad that I'm waiting to see how Tues goes with the boy? If all goes well then I'll want to see him again but if not then I just want to go back on Thurs when the flight is cheapest. :mad:

I started a book last night while waiting at the airport. I'm not a reader but wish I was. My sister gave me Tara Road to read for my flight in APRIL :der: and it's been in my backpack ever since. I read about 30 pages or so and like it so far. I should just read. No NFL network here and that's about all I watch these days :reject:

A friend called last night a little before 9...........I was asleep. I am not sure if I was making any sense.

I have so much to do and these constant snowstorms are wrecking havoc on them! Shovel, shovel, shovel!

I think I can squeak in some wrapping when I get off early this afternoon. I have to stop at Walgreens and the grocery store is on the agenda :crack:

I had quite the lovely day in traffic :happy: I brought lunch to my grandpa. Getting to St Paul was a mess but then driving around little Highland Park and the Village was an even bigger mess. :crack: I forgot how tiny that place is and how many people live there. It's like a small town, college town, big city all wrapped up into one. :crazy: Then I wanted to go to the mall on my side of town. Big mistake. Took me 20 minutes just to turn around and go back to the highway because I knew there was no way I was going to actually get into the mall. So I went to Kohls and Target on my hunt for a Vikings hoodie. I actually found a purple zip up hoodie at Kohls complete with the Viking head in the middle of the shirt but it was $45 on sale! :madwife: No thanks. I'll have to keep looking this week......

^ You were out in that weather today?! Wasn't it like -26F or something ridiculous like that? :yikes:

oh silly girl! NOTHING and I mean NOTHING stops Minnesota, especially the Twin Cities. :tsk: -26 isn't all that bad if there's no wind :yikes: It's when the windchill matches the temp or is colder that it's dangerous to be out. But the roads are completely clean and there's nothing like a warm jacket, mittens, and a scarf to help you along the way. Our plows run constantly as well as the salt and sand trucks. So you'd never know there was a snow and ice storm when you're on the highways. Perfectly clear. You just drive a little slower in this kind of weather. Even most of the sides streets in Minneapolis are clear. St Paul is another story :crack: It's like 2 different worlds between the cities :tsk:

You get used to the cold. Even being away in the desert for the last 10 months didn't stop me from walking outside yesterday and thinking it could be, and has been, a lot colder than -10 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom