Question about Larry's "keyboard"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
OK I have a question for the musically-inclined among us. WTF is that thing? I'm guessing it's not a keyboard...That wee thing can't possibly have 88 keys...Any ideas/speculations? Fanks. :)

14854U2SD12005-2191.jpg

This is the thing I'm talking about, in case you haven't seen it. It says "ultimate" on it. I am going to google that...

Last edited:
OK nevermind. "Ultimate" is just the name of the manufacturer of the stand. But seriously, if that's a keyboard, why is it so small? For portability?

Looks like a sampling keyboard to me. Anyone remember Radiohead on SNL? When they played "Idioteque," the bassist was rocking a tiny keyboard, like Larry's, that turnedout to be a sampler.

you can have 44 note keyboards, they just have less octaves and smaller keys. :)

or it could be a sampler, might very well make more sense, I havent heard that song yet so I don't know if he's playing notes or cueing samples.

Yeah Edge used quite a small keyboard on the ZooTV tour.

it's great to see Larry doing this stuff and gives him a chance to stretch his back a bit!! They're all getting on a bit now!!

PaleBlueDot said:
OK nevermind. "Ultimate" is just the name of the manufacturer of the stand. But seriously, if that's a keyboard, why is it so small? For portability?

The Killers use similar stuff. Teeny keyboards.

The keyboard is by MAudio. They've partnered with Apple recently with the release of Apple's Garage Band software. It's a midi controller primarily. That keyboard is only 25 keys I think...

Here's the link...

http://www.maudio.co.uk/products/en_gb/MAudioO2-main.html

Keyboards don't have to have 88 keys. Usually the 88 key version are the top level keyboard in the brand.

The funniest thing about the keyboard and stand is that all the keys have the notes (i.e. C, D, E, A, B, etc) written on them and the chord progression for Yahweh's verses and choruses are written on a sheet of paper attached to the stand. Let's just say that Larry hasn't exactly picked up a new instrument.

Oh and I touched both the keyboard and Larry's drum at Phoenix 1.

LOL @ treadmill.

The funniest thing about the keyboard and stand is that all the keys have the notes (i.e. C, D, E, A, B, etc) written on them

Hehe, Larry did learn to play piano before learning the drums, guess he forgot.

Back
Top Bottom