Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we even talking about Mercy???????? Again!!!

Please, let's wait for fresh new sounds, not redone left overs like mercy. Good song, a little boring, but not fresh.

Just like City of Blinding Lights. Epic sound, so so vocals, big intro, good melody. Could be an all time classic if wasn't for the fact that sound like a recycled version of U2. And thats is the big difference between ATYCLB and HTDAAB: the later had good songs, was stronger as a whole, the band even looked more self confident. But ATYCLB was fresh. BD, Stuck, IALW presented us with a new aproach to music by the band, even if some people didn't like.

Is curious when we start to dig; i remember feeling like this with POP. Besides having weak songs, the whole album sounded forced compared to AB or Zooropa.
I don't like Zooropa, i think it was U2 worst moment, but at least sounded fresh, like if the concept just floated trough their minds, unlike POP. Anyway i'm glad that the tecno era ended.

So please, Leave Behind Atomic Bomb and give us something new, fresh. Don't have to be a groundbreaking sound album. Just a collection of good songs, with some acoustic guitars, good drumming sound and a pulsing bass underneath everything, all of this from a inspired, light touch mature band.

You see, when we all saw south of france, HQ and parties with clooney and pitt i think it became clear that the deep incoformism, the again deep anger are gone... sure they mantain their beliefs, but in a totally different way.
So i know i can never expect the anger of WAR, or the transcendent, racous and emotional tone of JT, or the super inspired, romantic-melancolic nunaces of AB.

All we can wait from them since ATYCLB is just an album with some good songs. Or very good songs. Not a earthshaking classic that will become a landmark for the music of this era. They have done this on few occasions, but it was a long long time ago.

Is curious when we start to dig; i remember feeling like this with POP. Besides having weak songs, the whole album sounded forced compared to AB or Zooropa.
I don't like Zooropa, i think it was U2 worst moment, but at least sounded fresh, like if the concept just floated trough their minds, unlike POP. Anyway i'm glad that the tecno era ended.

Maybe Zooropa wasn't a great album, but in Lemon, Stay, The First Time, and The Wanderer you've got four of my favourite U2 songs. That's almost half the album. If 40% of the new album contains songs competing to get onto my favourites list, I'll be ecstatic. HTDAAB had 0% success on that front.

Why are we even talking about Mercy???????? Again!!!

Please, let's wait for fresh new sounds, not redone left overs like mercy. Good song, a little boring, but not fresh.

Just like City of Blinding Lights. Epic sound, so so vocals, big intro, good melody. Could be an all time classic if wasn't for the fact that sound like a recycled version of U2. And thats is the big difference between ATYCLB and HTDAAB: the later had good songs, was stronger as a whole, the band even looked more self confident. But ATYCLB was fresh. BD, Stuck, IALW presented us with a new aproach to music by the band, even if some people didn't like.

Well, first off, we're talking about Mercy because of the rumor that it either morphed into another song or actually made the album.

Hey, I'm with you...I hate the fact that we're talking about songs that aren't fresh. But if you know ANYTHING about U2 then you understand that their songs develop overtime. For example, you may hear about a song that ended up on HTDAAB, but it may have been born during the POP sessions many years before. Is it REALLY fresh? Yes, because the final incarnation is "new", but the origins were from many sessions earlier.

THATS why we are talking about MERCY. Its a song that divides many in the U2 fan camp. It wasn't good enough to make ATYCLB, but is too good to not be revived in some way shape or form in the future albums.

As for Zooropa...I totally disagree...but thats MY opinion. You are more than entitled to YOUR opinion and we'll leave it at that. I've been down THAT road too many times before. :wink:

It's kind of interesting how the Loris showed up here just as it seemed the run-up to the new album was starting, like he did in the months leading up to HTDAAB. Then suddenly he disappeared and 2 weeks later we get official word that the album is delayed until 2009....kinda weird.

It's kind of interesting how the Loris showed up here just as it seemed the run-up to the new album was starting, like he did in the months leading up to HTDAAB. Then suddenly he disappeared and 2 weeks later we get official word that the album is delayed until 2009....kinda weird.

Maybe he/she knew that the album was going to be delayed, so there was no point getting us all excited about it anymore. :hmm:

So you're suggesting the Loris is to blame for the delay? Excellent. Finally, someone we can tar and feather. Go get 'em, boys and girls!

umm yeah that's gonna be really weird if the Loris comes back again before the album is released....:hmm:

Strange, talking about Zooropa: it has been my favorite album for some years, but hardly has any of my favorite songs. And Pop is about my least favorite U2 album while it does have some of my favorite songs.

Best songs and best album don't have to match.

Strange, talking about Zooropa: it has been my favorite album for some years, but hardly has any of my favorite songs. And Pop is about my least favorite U2 album while it does have some of my favorite songs.

Best songs and best album don't have to match.

Interesting, I know where your going. :hmm:

Well I've got a question for ya SL..two actually.

1. Will the delay of this album cause it to "go to the next level" as said by the Edge?
2. When will we hear something official from the album?

I'm sorry to say but the Loris hasn't been here for quite a while. He has left the building ages ago. I had questions too. :sad:

Maybe he/she knew that the album was going to be delayed, so there was no point getting us all excited about it anymore. :hmm:

I'd say so, too. I don't think we'll see the Loris again until it gets closer to actual album time. IMO Loris isn't anyone in the band or the inner circle but it IS someone with inside info and perhaps an officially unofficial envoy from the band to the fans via forums like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom