Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is absolutely no reason at all why it wouldn't be reworked...it missed the last album...why would it make the next in the same form? :lol:

that would make absolutely zero sense....

HA!

Well maybe because a bunch of fans think its the greatest song they've ever written since "Boy". Thats why.

:D

HA!

Well maybe because a bunch of fans think its the greatest song they've ever written since "Boy". Thats why.

haha...since Boy eh? Well....If Mercy makes the next album, I think it will be easily recognized by fans...they aren't going to do too much with it...just change some lyrics, change parts here and there length wise, a little of this and a little of that...

The vocals to Mercy remind me of Wild Horses...especially the beginning...it's that epic, atmospheric, haunting voice...the same one that sings "your dangerous, cause your honest....your dangerous, you don't know what you want" ....:drool:

Mercy is unbelievable....it is now being talked about in 2 or 3 big threads in WTAHNN forum....and the song has nothing to do really with the thread topic...and this is after the countless threads that we used to get solely discussing the song....now the song just finds its way into any thread it wants! :evil:

...no but seriously...this is insane. How does this happen...

Well, Rob, and all the other Mercy-lovers: How many of the Salome tapes songs made it, easily recognizable, onto Achtung Baby? And since Mercy was from the HTDAAB sessions, I'll then add this: How many songs from the Rattle & Hum demo era made it, easily recognizable, onto Achtung Baby?

Well, Rob, and all the other Mercy-lovers: How many of the Salome tapes songs made it, easily recognizable, onto Achtung Baby? And since Mercy was from the HTDAAB sessions, I'll then add this: How many songs from the Rattle & Hum demo era made it, easily recognizable, onto Achtung Baby?

We should keep the thread vaguely on-topic and ask The Slow Loris too...

I haven't been following the whole discussion, but from the salome outtakes quite a lot made it to the album in recognizable form: ebttrt, the fly / ultra violet, acrobat, wgrywh, tttyaatw, uteotw ...

Mercy is unbelievable....it is now being talked about in 2 or 3 big threads in WTAHNN forum....and the song has nothing to do really with the thread topic...and this is after the countless threads that we used to get solely discussing the song....now the song just finds its way into any thread it wants! :evil:

...no but seriously...this is insane. How does this happen...

How does this happen? IDK, but I feel a little responsible for it because I've been in the center all of the discussions taking some beatings from the Mercy lovers.

Eh....its okay...I love intelligent discussions and musical critiques.

Oh...gotta bring this back on topic....

Hmmmm....

"Hey Slow Loris...whats up?" :wink:

I haven't been following the whole discussion, but from the salome outtakes quite a lot made it to the album in recognizable form: ebttrt, the fly / ultra violet, acrobat, wgrywh, tttyaatw, uteotw ...

Yes. But how much of it didn't make the album? How much of it was never heard of again?

well I don't necessarily believe that Mercy will make the next album...in fact I think chances are it won't....I would just be so incredibly shocked for some reason if I put the album in, and half way though the album, boom...I hear the intro to Mercy...for some reason I can't imagine the band caring enough about that song to actually go back to it and work on it to put it on the new record...I feel the same way about clip 402 from the beach clips...I'd like it to make the record cause I think it's a brilliant track but I really don't think it will...and as popacrobat pointed out, it's probably going to be released as the spiderman thing or whatever anyway :shrug:

Many of the Salome outtakes are barely finished (heck, you could argue that what we're hearing hasn't really been started), while Mercy was a few clicks away from making it onto HTDAAB. Though you may be correct that Mercy will not be on the new album, your comparison still makes no sense.

Yes. But how much of it didn't make the album? How much of it was never heard of again?
Well, I'd say, 60% can be directly traced to the album, some 10% has been released as b-sides (salome, which is actually zoo station, and where did it all go wrong) and some other stuff has been around long enough to survive all albums since JT, but never made it on any of them (she's gonna blow your house down, heard it on the R&H + salome outtakes in different forms).

Someone around here (I don't remember who) suggested that maybe "Mercy" has become "Moment of Surrender" based on the fact that they are both really long. I think that could be possible; "Mercy" is just too good to not be used in some way.

Where is the Slow Loris?

it wouldn't surprise me if bono took some lines from 'mercy' and put them into other songs. he tends to keep lyrics alive for a long time by trying them out on different tunes.

it wouldn't surprise me if bono took some lines from 'mercy' and put them into other songs. he tends to keep lyrics alive for a long time by trying them out on different tunes.

Absolutely true. An extreme example can be found on Levitate (a Pop outtake). Gone (Pop) and Miracle Drug (Bomb). That is quite some time passing to use certain lyrics.

Give it up guys slow loris is no longer returning.

I no longer believe :sad:

pretty strange if you ask me....it makes me think there's a better chance of the Loris being an insider if he just randomly disappears like this and doesn't come back haha....but maybe it is just an alt fucking with us...:lol:

I just wanted to address a comment someone made about the possibility of "Mercy" becoming "Moment of Surrender"

I hope that it isn't even remotely a possibility because that would be completely dissapointing. I'm not a huge fan of Mercy...I think I've more than made that clear. I can't imagine how much they could change it....but its actually starting to make some sense on how people are coming to that conclusion.

pretty strange if you ask me....it makes me think there's a better chance of the Loris being an insider if he just randomly disappears like this and doesn't come back haha....but maybe it is just an alt fucking with us...:lol:

My Guess is that you're right on the second account.

I just wanted to address a comment someone made about the possibility of "Mercy" becoming "Moment of Surrender"

I hope that it isn't even remotely a possibility because that would be completely dissapointing. I'm not a huge fan of Mercy...I think I've more than made that clear. I can't imagine how much they could change it....but its actually starting to make some sense on how people are coming to that conclusion.

The Loris said Mercy wasn't on the album so...

If the Loris is correct, then that'd be true. Because it'd be Moment Of Surrender, and not Mercy anymore.

If hypothetically the Loris is for real, I think they'd say Mercy was on the album even if it became MoS. The Loris would say something like "yes, but be surprised."

I am 99% sure that Mercy didn't become MoS. Do you remember the story awhile back where the band invited the fan into the studio and played a song for him? The fan was an Interference member and seemed to indicate that he recognized the song. He even said that he wanted to keep what he heard a secret. The only song he'd be able to recognize is Mercy. If it was that far along why would Eno suddenly call it months and months later the greatest song he'd ever recorded with the band?

oh shit haha...if Mercy was MOS, that would be the biggest fucking letdown everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I love Mercy a lot.... already said that 100 times. It's even in my top 20 U2 song.
But I would rather have a complete new song called Moment of Surrender than having a killer song like Mercy being changed into another song....:huh:

oh shit haha...if Mercy was MOS, that would be the biggest fucking letdown everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Agreed.

And I even like Mercy and wouldn't really mind if it was on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom