Prog Island Album Game: FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the Prog Island Winner!

• phanan

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • GibsonGirl

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going to resist commenting on every single segue. :wink:

Where are you at with mine? I think you'll feel very happy when you finally reach Airbag--->This Here Giraffe. :yes:

I'm very glad you used Sweet Jane. That's a guilty pleasure of mine. :shifty: They have many songs more indietastic, but it doesn't get too much more awesome than that chorus. :drool:

I was close to using Sunday Morning or I'm Waiting for the Man, but they just didn't fit with anything.

The R&B vibe of Sweet Jane does it for me every time.

Screwtape just got my list. Cool. :up:

I think I should make a cover and write a little paragraph too...I don't care how good my list is, it needs to stick out.

Your list will speak for itself, it's fantastic so far, but a write-up would be nice cool to have, too.

Thank you for the compliment. :)

Look at this badass cover I just made.

desertislandcoverll9.jpg

I'm at One, and, while I am quite enjoying myself, I am finding your list very melancholy. Did it just come out that way, or was that was you were going for?

Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher--->Sweet Jane was an awesome segue, BTW.

Thanks.

It picks up later on. Section 1 is supposed to feel very melancholic, while Section 2 is all kinds of badass. Section 3 dabbles between the both, which makes the payoff is Section 4 greater.

I had originally planned the set as a whole narrative, but opted to just go with the overall cinematic feel. I'm kind of glad I did.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth :up:

Last edited:
OK, I sent my paragraph to you. :up: My job is done for now.

You're right, LMP...section 2 is much more exciting. Can't say I'm a big Bravery fan though. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

I haven't listened to your playlist yet but I'm surprised you used I Saw The Light of all of Todd's songs.

Hey, I had 3 minutes left and Todd was feeling left out. :wink: The Night The Carousel Burned Down would have been a good second choice, or even Couldn't I Just Tell you :)drool: :drool: :drool: ), but I just didn't have the time.

Quick question (see what I did there???), LMP:

Why did you pick the Leeds version of Quick One instead of the Rock N' Roll Circus version? I know you much prefer that one...plus it has less crowd noise. :hmm:

I thought I had the album version. :shrug:

I actually have grown to prefer that version to the Rock N' Roll Circus version though, especially the ending.

I prefer it too...mostly I just love this part:

"Here comes Ivor the engine driver to make you feel much better. (Keith: dirty old sod!) "

:lmao:

Another song used to perfection by Wes Anderson. :up:

The revenge scene in Rushmore :drool:

It's funny, I was just looking up that soundtrack...it looks excellent.

Kinks
The Who
John Lennon

:combust:

Can't say I'm much into Cat Stevens...:hmm: I'm not a folksy kind of guy. (except for Simon & Garfunkel :reject: I really want to use Mrs. Robinson for something)

I'm at Keep The Car Running in your playlist. Where are you?

Your list is making me interested in Bright Eyes. Four Winds is quite good. His voice gets bashed so much...but it's actually very good.

Cassadaga and I'm Wide Awake It's Morning are definitely worth checking out. He doesn't deserve the "next Dylan" hype, but he's still really good.

Sorry to bring this to your attention, but I don't think Guess God Thinks I'm Abel is labeled right. :huh: It's Oasis, but it sounds like a completely different song.

Fuck.

I bought that song from iTunes, so I had to download it elsewhere for this playlist. Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix that soon.

Just imagine it's there. :wink:

phanan said:
Damn. Slow down everybody! We haven't even started!

:lol:

Good idea. I'm taking a break now. I'll pick up from Sunken Treasure in the morning. Should be some good segues in there, if LMP's word is true. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom