pre-show songs - pls help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madzia

The Fly
A penpal of mine is combining the list of songs that were played on PA before the shows on this tour.

Since many of you attended more than 1 show (green monster of jelousy strikes again...), maybe you'll remember more than I do, so I would like to humbly ask for your help!

So far we got:
sgt pepper by beatles
higher ground by s.wonder (?)
higher and higher by ?
movin on up by primal scream

any other sweet memories?

------------------
Under pressure, but not bent out of shape

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching

I believe at the beginning of the tour they were playing Mother (Just Cant Get Enough) by the New Radicals.

Also at the 4th Chicago show on the 1st leg they played Nutbush by Ike and Tina Turner but it wasnt one of the 5 lead up songs right before they come out.

There is also a Stereo MC's song "Elevate My Soul"?? or something like that was played at alot of shows.

Thank you guys!!!

before.gif

------------------
Under pressure, but not bent out of shape

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching

After seeing a thread like this a few weeks ago I decided to make a mixed cd of "elevating" tunes. I'll try to list all the ones they played before the show(s).

Stereo MC's - "Elevate my Mind"
Stevie Wonder - "Higher Ground"
Primal Scream - "Movin' on Up"
Jackie Wilson - "Higher and Higher"
(don't know the artist) - "War, what is it good For?"
New Radicals - "Mother we Just can't get Enough"
The Beatles - "all you need is love"
The Beatles - "Sgt. Pepper's"

I count the Influx mix of "Elevation" to be a pre-song too.

Did anyone else get as pumped as me when "All you need is Love" came on ? I sure as hell did. The whole crowd was singing it and getting prepared to be elevated!

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
(don't know the artist) - "War, what is it good For?"

i can't remember the artist either but this work did have significant influence over tolstoy as he prepared his 'war and peace' masterpiece.

------------------
there are only 2 universal languages: mathematics and love

Originally posted by Zoocifer:

Did anyone else get as pumped as me when "All you need is Love" came on ? I sure as hell did. The whole crowd was singing it and getting prepared to be elevated!

Yes! Real thrill at the Oakland shows, that's just what happened
smile.gif
. And it's one of my favorite songs from my favorite band (barring U2 of course).

lol, kobayashi

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom