Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still holding out. Although now that I've made it this far, the last week and one day feels like it'll be a snap. I'm not worried. :)

:wave: Hi guys

I'm another one still holding on. :D No temptations been put in my path today although I AM NOT listening to radio one over here at all this week, as the little buggers are going to be playing the new stuff on there *shakes fist*. I do however want to watch them on the culture show and jonathon ross show, what are the chances of the new stuff being on there? :hmm:

Amazon tells me that my order should arrive between March 12th and 18th...

:|

for my mental sanity, I HOPE it's earlier than that

will I be the most virgen of them all?

While surely mine won't take that long to arrive, I did order the box set from them. I've been considering going out on release day and buying a CD so I don't have to wait for my Amazon order to arrive. :reject:

:wave: Hi guys

I'm another one still holding on. :D No temptations been put in my path today although I AM NOT listening to radio one over here at all this week, as the little buggers are going to be playing the new stuff on there *shakes fist*. I do however want to watch them on the culture show and jonathon ross show, what are the chances of the new stuff being on there? :hmm:

I hear you. I am still clean myself. One more week to go. However, I'm worried about the radio. I was lucky to learn that they will be on BBC 1 at 7 p.m. on XM 29. I will be in my car due to work obligations, so I can now make sure to avoid that channel as I am sure they'll be playing new songs.

One more week now, no sweat. I had my temptation in the garden on Saturday night, I passed it without caving, so it's smoot sailing as long as I can avoid an PR stuff.

I hear you. I am still clean myself. One more week to go. However, I'm worried about the radio. I was lucky to learn that they will be on BBC 1 at 7 p.m. on XM 29. I will be in my car due to work obligations, so I can now make sure to avoid that channel as I am sure they'll be playing new songs.

One more week now, no sweat. I had my temptation in the garden on Saturday night, I passed it without caving, so it's smoot sailing as long as I can avoid an PR stuff.

Yep the radio is bothering me a bit, but am sure I can avoid it!! :up: :D

Only a week to go now!! :applaud:

Amazon tells me that my order should arrive between March 12th and 18th...

:|

for my mental sanity, I HOPE it's earlier than that

will I be the most virgen of them all?

ring a ding ding . . . me thinks we have a winner . . . far out . . . is a record company exec hand delivering you your copy??? :hug: . . . will keep all my bits and pieces crossed that it gets there sooner!

Still haven't caved, although I came very close. :lol: I was on MySpace, and thought about checking out their page to see what showed up. I could only see GOYB listed in the player, so I closed out of the page before anything else popped up. :lol:

Waiting for the actual CD will be so much better! :yes:

:applaud:

Wow, what resolve!

I would've just caved. As soon as the announcer said Magnificent, I would've been like "fuck it, I gotta hear it".

I'm hangin' on, like the horniest of virgins, the eleven songs are like my eleven sexiest women in the world sitting naked in a spa and begging me for me to do oh such wonderful things to them, but for some reason, I'm refusing to have a bar of it...

:ohmy:

your patience shall be rewarded :lol:

Still hanging on by my very fingernails. :crazy:

U2 will be all over the radio and TV in the UK this week but I'm determined to come to this album fresh so I won't be listening in or watching.

I will however be taping everything though.

. . . I'll be relying on lots of lovely people to post links to all this stuff so I can watch and listen after the fact :D

still not listened to anything besides Get On Your Boots, so I'm still worried how it's going to sound considering I like the single less and less with each listen :reject: I keep hearing the Ting Tings in the verses it's fucking getting on my nerves. But yeah, avoiding any radio shows playing the tracks though still hoping I win a ticket to the live lounge performance. I mean a u2 'gig' is still a u2 gig.

good luck . . . that would be phenomenal . . . you could always wear headphones when they play :lol:

Haha yeah I guess I just like torturing myself with the fact that they might play something new and I'd have to shut it off:lol:

:lol: yeah, I'd do that. :D I seem to like torturing myself with the fact that the er, download is in my email inbox but I don't wanna listen to it.......yeah I just like tormenting myself it seems :lol:

Also my friends are like 'nooooooooooo don't you dare listen to it'......so that makes me want to listen to it more haha:D

While surely mine won't take that long to arrive, I did order the box set from them. I've been considering going out on release day and buying a CD so I don't have to wait for my Amazon order to arrive. :reject:

that is EXACTLY what I'm doing :yes: . . . the kids are prepped and ready for the crush at the record store (and I have promised them lashings of KFC if they keep the complaints to a minimum whilst I run like a loon to the counter,shaking with excitement . . . my daughter has even promised to hand over the cash for me herself if the excitement gets too much for me :lol: )

:applaud:

Yeah I've been streaming an Irish radio station today and they were saying they were gonna play some new U2...I was ready to switch it off if it was something other then Boots but it turned out it was Boots so I was safe:D

hurrah!!! :)

Eight more days!!

:dancing:

:lol: yeah, I'd do that. :D I seem to like torturing myself with the fact that the er, download is in my email inbox but I don't wanna listen to it.......yeah I just like tormenting myself it seems :lol:

Also my friends are like 'nooooooooooo don't you dare listen to it'......so that makes me want to listen to it more haha:D

Omg I won't even have the downloaded version on my computer because that would do it for me, I'd be off the island lol:wink:

Ps. your friends are right!!:D

^ I just want you to keep posting GG so I can giggle at your avi :wink: - its fantastic :yes:

:love: Isn't it great?

Everyone loves Yoshi, even tuf Bono! :yes:

:bow: The Sad Punk is a great artist!
Ya, it's a total support system:hug:

:hi5: Yep, so guys we're totally gonna do this!

I promise I won't be a disaster friday and ruin this thread. I'll keep supporting you guys! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom