Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er hello peoples :wave:

Haven't had internet access for a couple days, which can only be a good thing, cos well, no internet equals no temptation to listen to the new stuff right? :D Correct!! I'm still holding out!!

OK what have I missed? :D I understand its up on myspace? Please tell me its not on U2.com?
Also any of you lot in the UK, if you don't want to hear 3 new album tracks from NLOTH, don't listen to Jo Whiley live lounge on Friday, I just read that in the tv guide :ohmy:

Er, I also have to confess, I ahem, requested the 320 link.........not that I'm going to give in and listen to it, I just like tormenting myself......hehe

Still holding out, still holding out!! :D

Er hello peoples :wave:

Haven't had internet access for a couple days, which can only be a good thing, cos well, no internet equals no temptation to listen to the new stuff right? :D Correct!! I'm still holding out!!

OK what have I missed? :D I understand its up on myspace? Please tell me its not on U2.com?
Also any of you lot in the UK, if you don't want to hear 3 new album tracks from NLOTH, don't listen to Jo Whiley live lounge on Friday, I just read that in the tv guide :ohmy:

Er, I also have to confess, I ahem, requested the 320 link.........not that I'm going to give in and listen to it, I just like tormenting myself......hehe

Still holding out, still holding out!! :D

WooHoo we got another one:wave:...stay strong!

im still here too....it's really tough...most people i talk to think it's pretty dumb that i won't listen...honestly, i'm now even finding it hard to come up with a justification...i mean, my initial reason was the quality of the leak, but now that the V0 and 320 versions are out there, there is no real reason why i shouldn't burn the thing and pop it into my sound system and listen away....but on the other hand i kinda feel like this album shouldn't be out now, i mean, had the album not leaked, would the radio be playing it? would u2.com and myspace be streaming it....maybe, maybe not....does this make any sense??? probably not

on another note i think someone should start a poll asking who has not listened to the album...the one we have now is somewhat outdated as it asks about the walmart leaks

im still here too....it's really tough...most people i talk to think it's pretty dumb that i won't listen...honestly, i'm now even finding it hard to come up with a justification...i mean, my initial reason was the quality of the leak, but now that the V0 and 320 versions are out there, there is no real reason why i shouldn't burn the thing and pop it into my sound system and listen away....but on the other hand i kinda feel like this album shouldn't be out now, i mean, had the album not leaked, would the radio be playing it? would u2.com and myspace be streaming it....maybe, maybe not....does this make any sense??? probably not

on another note i think someone should start a poll asking who has not listened to the album...the one we have now is somewhat outdated as it asks about the walmart leaks

Yeah I think that we don't really need to explain ourselves to anyone...We don't even need a reason, It's just personal preference of when we wanna listen to the album. :wave:

Haha yeah, I'm gonna be so antsy in class:hyper:
I'm going to HMV to get mine too:wave:... What date does everyone get theirs on? I have to wait til the 3rd cuz I live in Canada

I was all ansty and that was just last week. :lol:

I ordered online with HMV so hopefully it should pop through my letterbox saturday at the latest or even monday morning day of release here in uk. :D I'm gonna be watching that letterbox like an idiot all week :lol:

:sad: What??????

You're joking right? :sad:

But Zoots! We were gonna have sex together with the liner notes! :sad: How can you betray me like this?

I realized that I will end up only having sex with the liner notes and not even have time to listen to it, come March 3rd! :wink: I'm moving out of my apt and next week is gonna be crazy! I'm not even gonna be able to listen on a good stereo for a while. And if I'm gonna listen on an iPod at that time anyway, what's the difference between using headphones to listen to a computer download and using headphones for an iPod. Hence I caved. But don't let me tempt you. :shifty:

PS: You guys are gonna love this album! :drool:

What date does everyone get theirs on? I have to wait til the 3rd cuz I live in Canada

Feb 27th! :wave: Holland is a great country to live in when it comes to U2!

I realized that I will end up only having sex with the liner notes and not even have time to listen to it, come March 3rd! :wink: I'm moving out of my apt and next week is gonna be crazy! I'm not even gonna be able to listen on a good stereo for a while. And if I'm gonna listen on an iPod at that time anyway, what's the difference between using headphones to listen to a computer download and using headphones for an iPod. Hence I caved. But don't let me tempt you. :shifty:

PS: You guys are gonna love this album! :drool:

:sad: How can you do this to me? I mean, you could've chosen to come over here the 27th so you could buy the album with me and we'd sex the liner notes together.

Ps: You won't tempt me. I can't be tempted. :wink:

last night FINALLY my friend pre-ordered the album for me

I've only listened to GOYB, NLOTH 2 and the 30 secs clips.. most of them I don't remember a thing

I'm STILL HOLDING ON!!!!!!

Amazon tells me the album should arrive around March 12 to 18.. I hope it's earlier than that, but still...

:wave:

I'm somewhat master of my domain

:wave: hey there movers and shakers . . . just think of the little listening party we can have . . .eventually :)

think my box set will arrive march 6 :)huh:) . . . but am hitting the record store on Sat 28th to get the regular copy and let my little head explode with delight!

all my mates think I am absolutely nuts for holding out - half of them aren't fans and they have heard most of it by now via that wiley ole download tool and the internet . . . have still had a few ratbags trying to catch me out via the phone :)censored: ) but I won't let em ruin it for me . . . have even had one friend (who was supposed to be holding out with me) send a deluge of emails with the word 'cave in' written a thousand times or more . . .

this little chicken knows the wait is worth it . . . have got my vino (a lovely eden vale reisling) my cheese and crackers all sorted, my kids dissappeared for the afternoon . . . its gonna be a lovely day indeed :yes:

:wave: happy holding out :)

:wave: hey there movers and shakers . . . just think of the little listening party we can have . . .eventually :)

think my box set will arrive march 6 :)huh:) . . . but am hitting the record store on Sat 28th to get the regular copy and let my little head explode with delight!

all my mates think I am absolutely nuts for holding out - half of them aren't fans and they have heard most of it by now via that wiley ole download tool and the internet . . . have still had a few ratbags trying to catch me out via the phone :)censored: ) but I won't let em ruin it for me . . . have even had one friend (who was supposed to be holding out with me) send a deluge of emails with the word 'cave in' written a thousand times or more . . .

this little chicken knows the wait is worth it . . . have got my vino (a lovely eden vale reisling) my cheese and crackers all sorted, my kids dissappeared for the afternoon . . . its gonna be a lovely day indeed :yes:

:wave: happy holding out :)

Oh Ya our listening party is gonna rock!!!:hug:
Sounds like you got your day planned..Too bad I have two classes that day, Gotta listen to it as much as I can in between them:hyper: Good thing my university is only about 7 minutes away from my house hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom