Portland Pictures (and misc. blackmail materials)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am :sigh: :sad:

And that is not condusive to smart purchase decisions...

I am this close to purchasing a plane ticket to Honolulu :happy:

So post some pictures you mofos :madwife:

Miroslava said:
I am :sigh: :sad:

And that is not condusive to smart purchase decisions...

I am this close to purchasing a plane ticket to Honolulu :happy:

So post some pictures you mofos :madwife:

who you callin' a mofo?

beeotches:madspit:

Last edited:
bfloxng said:

who you callin' a mofo?

beotches:madspit:

I told you your allotment of addressing me as beeotch was fulfilled for the month about a week ago.. I am too mopey to kick your ass though...

:sad:

*goes and hugs a pillow*

Miroslava said:

I told you your allotment of addressing me as beeotch was fulfilled for the month about a week ago.. I am too mopey to kick your ass though...

*goes and hugs a pillow*

awwwwwwwwwwww :hug:

Am home from Portland. Just finished reading this thread. Good pictures from the @u2 party. I was so bummed to have missed it but couldn't imagine driving in that weather after just spending two hours getting from the airport to the other side of town. The thank you signs looked great!!! It was fun to hear Bono say, "No, thank YOU":bono: :heart: The show was good maybe not quiet the caliber of the other five I saw on this tour but definitely memoriable. Thanks for the photos Miroslava - glad you got a good spot!

Hi Carek and Hallucination. It was fun meeting you. :wave:

Sorry we didnt get to meet hotpepper! :(

As you mentioned, the show itself did not replace any of my other shows from the top three, but it was definitely memorable. And seeing the Thank You signs work was just plain amazing!!

Ok, I am going back to moping!

:lol:

Miroslava said:
Sorry we didnt get to meet hotpepper! :(

As you mentioned, the show itself did not replace any of my other shows from the top three, but it was definitely memorable. And seeing the Thank You signs work was just plain amazing!!

Ok, I am going back to moping!

:lol:

Me too. I'm mostly sad about missing the party because I really wanted to meet some fellow Interferencers. As for the moping. I'm wallowing in it :sad:

My moping... i am drowning in it! :sad: this just is too painful for me! I can't go to anymore shows not even Hawaii...So please don't mention it to me.

I probably won't be around here much anymore cuz I just don't think I can take anymore talk of the rest of the tour and who is going..:sad: :(

U2Fanatic4ever said:
My moping... i am drowning in it! :sad: this just is too painful for me! I can't go to anymore shows not even Hawaii...So please don't mention it to me.

I probably won't be around here much anymore cuz I just don't think I can take anymore talk of the rest of the tour and who is going..:sad: :(

Oh, U2Fanatic4ever . . . don't get too sad, though I know it's much easier for me to say that, than for you to just pick up the pieces and go on. There'll be more fun U2 times ahead and if you leave here, you won't be able to join in. :| Plus, we'd miss you.

Miroslava said:

And I just checked out Elevation from Portland... What does Bono say before the "No, thank YOU" :heart:

I don't know either!
I've been playing it over & over again trying to figure out what he's saying!

I do love the "Oprah situation" though, at the start of ISHFWILF... that cracked me up that night and puts a smile on my face every time I hear it: "when did you first have these feelings?"

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:uhoh: If you haven't heard the voice mail I left you, just delete it okay? :reject:

Sorry :hug:

Hey everyone! I got back from Portland last night and finally have a chance to post. The trip was fantastic despite the weather. The rain sucks. The snow made me feel at home but I'm a wimp when it comes to rain:laugh: Anyways I have to admit the highlight of the trip was Kells on Sunday night and Monday after the show. Meeting all the fans and showing up at a bar where everyone is so in sync and on the same page was a cool experience. PLus Zoo Station was really good. Obviously the real concert was great but not to the standards I had hoped. What was with the super short encore? The crowd also seemd lathargic. Anyways though my friend who had never seen them and basically doesn't care for them was shitting his pants after Vertigo. he said nothing compares to them. he's right. He also said he's never seen such atmosphere for a show ever. Again he's right. Miroslava, 6620ross and Hotpepper it was great meeeting you guys. Thanks for the help with the signs. Ha! It took me and my friend untill half way through Kanye to pass them all out. Thank God random peolpe offered to help us. The pictures of the signs on the floor look amazing but I have to admit I was pretty pissed at the lack of interest shown by those who where in seats. I mean no word of a lie we filled every single seat in the 8 closest rows to the stage in the red section and then scattered another 800 or so out at the back. That place should've been a white out and it wasn't. People are too cool to do somthing fun I guess. After the show I could see that it looked as though every third or fourth sign hadn't even been taken out of the cup holders we put them in. STUPID people! When I told one guy that the signs were the fans way to say thank you to the band his response was: "The band should be thanking us for paying too much for our tickets" I flat out told him that nobody forced him to come and if he's not happy then go home. He looked at me with a stunned look. Good. I hate that kind of attitude. The kind of people who sit there with their arms crossed and a look on their face that says "O.k. impress me. Justify the cost of tickets you scam artists" Get lost! All in all though I had a great time. I definately hope to do it again. I know I will. If my pictures turn out maybe I'll post some later. Cheers!

Aw hon, you did amazing! You really, really did. And I gotta tell you that from the floor, the signs in the seats looked pretty damn great! When I was down there and looking up and you and Denise and your partners in crime rolling up signs I was pretty damn near reduced to this :sad: (yea, I have been cry-ey :lol: )

We definitely did an awesome thing and the band definitely noticed. I was so glad to meet you and sorry if I squished you when I basically jumped on you at Kells on Monday night! :lol:

Miroslava said:
Aw hon, you did amazing! You really, really did. And I gotta tell you that from the floor, the signs in the seats looked pretty damn great! When I was down there and looking up and you and Denise and your partners in crime rolling up signs I was pretty damn near reduced to this :sad: (yea, I have been cry-ey :lol: )

We definitely did an awesome thing and the band definitely noticed. I was so glad to meet you and sorry if I squished you when I basically jumped on you at Kells on Monday night! :lol:

Hmmm.. Thanks Miroslava. maybe it's just from where we were sitting we couldn't see the signs in the stands. I could see them on the floor. I have to be honest and say that when we were handing out the signs it felt great to be doing that. Even Nick(my friend who you met) who isn't a fan said he had a great time. It was just cool to be part of it. We got to meet so many people because of it. Some were really great and some were just dumb:laugh: but it made you feel apart of somthing bigger rather than just showing up for a concert and than leaving.
That was funy at Kell's. You were so escited as was everyone. It was just such a great place to be Sunday night and again after the show on Monday. I felt like a super nerd fanboy when I asked Zoo Station to take a pictrure with me:lmao: That was a good night. We were out till 4:00am.

i'm in seriously deep moping mode--such that i have been in my PJs for two days, only leaving the house once to go to an Irish pub (last night) and once to drink margaritas (tonight).

:lol: Even Nick got a bear hug from me Monday after the show... :reject:

And yes, you were part of something bigger, so you really should be proud :up:

But hmmm, yeah, only super nerds get their pictures taken with the tribute band

ixhanb.jpg

:wink:

And my picture with Gabe doesnt count, I have never seen him dressed as a civilian

:sexywink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Don't say that Amy! Come back!!! I haven't gotten any email from you (response to mine). You can't leave here my U2buddy! Of course, I'm saying this while listening to WOWY from Portland and crying. I was crying during the stream too. :love: it and miss you :sad:

i'm not moping! I think I went to the perfect number of shows where I was able to keep my normal life in order, haven't skipped a beat yet

Miroslava said:
[BBut hmmm, yeah, only super nerds get their pictures taken with the tribute band

ixhanb.jpg

:wink:

And my picture with Gabe doesnt count, I have never seen him dressed as a civilian

:sexywink: [/B]

Oh Gabe doesn't count???? What ever!

But, since you mentioned it, only super dorks get their pictures taken with nerds who get their pictures taken with the Tribute Band
(AND STILL MANAGE TO ACT ALL 'DREAMY' ABOUT IT).

izp8hj.jpg
:madspit:

If dreamy = several vodka drinks on me.. sure, I was all dreamy about it :cute:

So upon further review of the audio/video, I am thinking that what Bono said before "No, Thank YOU" was something like "Phil, tape this"

:hmm:

Miroslava said:
So upon further review of the audio/video, I am thinking that what Bono said before "No, Thank YOU" was something like "Phil, tape this"

:hmm:

:ohmy: Awesome! That means it was even better than we might've thought. If Bono wanted it on film that's big!! Yay for us and yay for U2!!:rockon:

I've always thought that's what I heard but again, not sure... would rock though :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom