Pleban Girls Party - Wishing we were in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Okay, I just switched from "Walk Away" to "Smile Like You Mean it," which is my #1 played song on iTunes that is not by U2.

Gotta love those iTunes stats. And libraries. :wink:

Ah, my memories of wishing The Killers would open for the Vertigo shows I attended ... :wink:

Hi, Weldy! :hug:

Last edited:
jobob said:

The Killers! :hyper:

Ah, my memories of wishing they'd open for the Vertigo shows I attended ... :wink:

I know. They were high up on my list too. But I was lucky enough to get Keane twice, and they were great. I was soooo excited when I learned that they were opening, because "Somewhere Only We Know" is another one of my favorite songs.

I LOVE their new single, "Is It Any Wonder," and bought it from iTunes. The album comes out tomorrow. The band will be signing CDs in Manhattan on Friday at a Borders, then appearing at a small theater that night, but the show is sold out and I can't make it into the Big City. :(

Speaking of U2 opening acts last year, I had to listen to -- gawd, who were they, Institute? -- twice. Or three times. Whatever. :shrug:

Kanye West should have been an opening act in Detroit, but he had just played here on his own tour. Plus, and I hate to say this, most of the U2 audience here would not have appreciated him.

jobob said:
Speaking of U2 opening acts last year, I had to listen to -- gawd, who were they, Institute? -- twice. Or three times. Whatever. :shrug:

Kanye West should have been an opening act in Detroit, but he had just played here on his own tour. Plus, and I hate to say this, most of the U2 audience here would not have appreciated him.

Do you really think that? I love Kanye's music. And to be honest, I would have loved a chance to see him, but I would be intimidated to buy tickets for his concert :reject:

Sad_Girl said:

Do you really think that? I love Kanye's music. And to be honest, I would have loved a chance to see him, but I would be intimidated to buy tickets for his concert :reject:

Hey, I like what I've heard of Kanye West, too. I would have loved to have seen him perform. However, there's the racial issue: He's black, most U2 fans are white, and this is a very racially divided area.

Thanks Diane! Edmonton isn't my normal team, but since the Canucks were out of the playoffs, they were my backup choice. They played well for the most part, but oh well. :(

I'm going to be seeing Kanye West in September. He's playing at a music festival I'm going to. He isn't the main one I'm going for, but I'm definitely interested in seeing him live. Should be fun.

Maybe this fact will help soothe you angry Canadians:

The Carolina Hurricanes are owned by a Detroiter.

So the Stanley Cup is going to go to a cold climate after all.

At least for a day. :wink:

I don't know Jo. I think you're not giving the Detroit area U2 fans enough credit. But you live there, and I don't so, you probably know better. I guess I just like to think more of the people who love U2. Most seem to more open minded

Drea, you had a really good point. It's just disgusting. My best friend and I are pouting like little kids. :lol:

We're on the phone right now, and there have been long angry silences, and occasionally she'll blurt out a barrage of swear words. :laugh:

Oh, the cup is so beautiful. Next year it's coming to Vancouver, baby!! I hope. :D

Maybe you're right, Diane. Would have been cool to be able to find out, though. But nooo, he had to open for U2 in Salt Lake City and some other place which was probably more small-town and less open-minded than here. WTF was that about anyhow?

ThoraSEB said:
Drea, you had a really good point. It's just disgusting. My best friend and I are pouting like little kids. :lol:

We're on the phone right now, and there have been long angry silences, and occasionally she'll blurt out a barrage of swear words. :laugh:

Oh, the cup is so beautiful. Next year it's coming to Vancouver, baby!! I hope. :D

Not if it comes to TO first :evil: Next year it'll be 40 years since TO's had the Cup... It's. All. OURS.

Back
Top Bottom