Pleban Girls Party - We don't get older, we just get hotter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

Count me in as another Pleban anal about the spelling of her name: It's Joanne, not Joann, or Jo Ann, or Jo Anne, or Joan, or ...

You spell your name like my aunt! :up:

My grandmother said my aunt is apparently named after some character in a book, and that was the first time she'd seen joanne spelt that way...

Last edited:
Let me think for a second, SG ... :hmm:

There's "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. But that's a song about a passing infatuation, really.

Sad_Girl said:
We're Doing pretty well here, Bri, thanks for asking :D

I'm just looking for songs with a 'forbidden love' or 'temptation' sort of theme at the moment; any suggestions?

I'm glad to hear that. :heart: And how was the birthday today?
Did ya save me a slice of cake? :drool: :wink:

Umm...:hmm:
I'm sure I do, but the minute you ask they've all flown away :madwife: :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

You spell your name like my aunt! :up:

My grandmother said my sunt is apprently named after some character in a book, and that was the first time she'd seen joanne spelt that way...

I hear my real name is quite popular in Canada. :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:
We're Doing pretty well here, Bri, thanks for asking :D

I'm just looking for songs with a 'forbidden love' or 'temptation' sort of theme at the moment; any suggestions?

Breathless by Corinne Bailey Rae :yes: :combust:

would be a good stripper/lap dance song too :ohmy:

*scampers off to bed with naughty thoughts.........*

^ Thanks GG :)

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm glad to hear that. :heart: And how was the birthday today?
Did ya save me a slice of cake? :drool: :wink:

Umm...:hmm:
I'm sure I do, but the minute you ask they've all flown away :madwife: :lol:

isn't that always the way it goes :madwife:

sure, there's cake left - come on up! :hyper:

I'm doing pretty well, thanks. I think I might be coming down with a bit of a cold, but we'll see. :)

How are you all?

Btw, I love your sig, SG! :heart: I have that song on my MySpace page. :D

:lol: I've been listening to 'Headspin' and 'Throw it away' all day :love:

Sorry, no, not chocolate, it's a yellow cake with pink and white frosting :lol: I thought it was hilarious that my mom got my brother a girly cake :lmao: (She knew his four year old daughter would be the one who got to blow out the candles :cute: )

VintagePunk said:
SG, this is probably way too obvious and one you've thought of already, but Tempted by Squeeze?

Layla?

Night GG :hug:

Layla is really good - very much fitting the subject I'm looking at

is the one by squeeze the one that goes 'Tempted by the fruit of another..."

Yup, I had a blast, VP. The only frustrating thing is that I'm connecting my camera to my computer, but the pictures aren't uploading, which is extremely frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of, but it's just not working. :angry: There was a really hilarious one of my brother. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Layla?

Night GG :hug:

Oh, yeah Layla's a classic 'tempted by someone else' song. :up:

I just pulled up my iTunes library for ideas ... nothing in my collection, apparently.

Would half of AB count as songs of forbidden love or being tempted by someone else? :hmm:

Sad_Girl said:

Layla is really good - very much fitting the subject I'm looking at

is the one by squeeze the one that goes 'Tempted by the fruit of another..."

Tempted by the fruit of another/tempted but the truth is discoverered ... what's been going on ... now that you have gone

Aw, shit, I've only heard this song a thousand times since the eighties and I'm not totaly sure if that's the lyric now! :scream:

I hate, hate, HATE the acoustic version of Layla. WTF was Clapton thinking, taking a classic like that, and stripping away the essence of it, everything that was great about it...the guitar solo, and the keyboard at the end. I can't even listen to that version. :mad:

It's so weird - the cable that I plug into my computer and my camera worked fine last week, but tonight when I've tried it, nothing happens. I don't know what to do either. I might just give up and try again tomorrow because I'm getting too frustrated. :lol: When I get frustrated, things tend to break. :reject: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I hate, hate, HATE the acoustic version of Layla. WTF was Clapton thinking, taking a classic like that, and stripping away the essence of it, everything that was great about it...the guitar solo, and the keyboard at the end. I can't even listen to that version. :mad:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, VP, Clapton canceled his show here over the weekend because he had a sore throat.

And yeah, I agree, the plugged version of Layla is better. :yes:

ThoraSEB said:
It's so weird - the cable that I plug into my computer and my camera worked fine last week, but tonight when I've tried it, nothing happens. I don't know what to do either. I might just give up and try again tomorrow because I'm getting too frustrated. :lol: When I get frustrated, things tend to break. :reject: :lol:

:grumpy: 'Thora Smash!' :madwife:

:lol: :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom