Pleban Girls Party - Tonight we can be as one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell her I highly recommend going to school away from home from personal experience - and at least she's only a couple hours' drive away if she does end up at Queens, as opposed to an hour and a half FLIGHT plus a three hour drive :wink: Mind you, she's also starting far less 'sheltered' than I did (I turned 19 the May before I went to Lakehead), so that won't really be a factor for her.

Mac :madwife: Sorry, I have a hate on for them during basketball season because of what they did to Lakehead's men's team every year :lol:

VintagePunk said:

It was really all Snow's idea, and I offered to give her an hand, since I'm in the area.

Her b-day is the 16th, why? I suppose there's something involving alcohol on the 3rd? :shifty:

Omg, I haven't told you girls, she drank New Year's Eve!! I went to pick her up, and she was all proud. She had a drink and a half. :cute: :lmao: :motherlypride:

Sarah!
4.gif
:lol:

Molly - I've never seen those smilies before :cute:

Drea said:
Tell her I highly recommend going to school away from home from personal experience - and at least she's only a couple hours' drive away if she does end up at Queens, as opposed to an hour and a half FLIGHT plus a three hour drive :wink: Mind you, she's also starting far less 'sheltered' than I did (I turned 19 the May before I went to Lakehead), so that won't really be a factor for her.

Mac :madwife: Sorry, I have a hate on for them during basketball season because of what they did to Lakehead's men's team every year :lol:

Sarah just read that, and really would like to know how the hell one could possibly be more sheltered than her? (her words) :lol:

She's going to live in rez, she just wants to be closer to home so she can come home if she's having a shitty day, or I can go and see her...and so she can easily come home weekends. Her choice, that's the way she wants it.

I know nothing about uni sports. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

That would be awesome!!

Say, if one wanted to get in touch with Brady, what would be the best way to do so? :shifty:

For a request, use the contact band email on the site - it must be Brady who reads them, since he was the one apologizing for not being able to play Discotheque for me at the all request show in October :lol:

Molly - those are new :ohmy: There used to be only 94 smilies available :hmm: *goes to look at what they are*

Drea said:

For a request, use the contact band email on the site - it must be Brady who reads them, since he was the one apologizing for not being able to play Discotheque for me at the all request show in October :lol:

Molly - those are new :ohmy: There used to be only 94 smilies available :hmm: *goes to look at what they are*

No, it's not a request. I suppose I could link to his e-mail from an interference post, or get it off the GTA list. :hmm:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah just read that, and really would like to know how the hell one could possibly be more sheltered than her? (her words) :lol:

She's going to live in rez, she just wants to be closer to home so she can come home if she's having a shitty day, or I can go and see her...and so she can easily come home weekends. Her choice, that's the way she wants it.

I know nothing about uni sports. :lol:

Umm.. let's start with taking two weeks off school to see U2 :wink: And continue with that school trip to Europe... shall I continue? :lol:

Drea said:

Umm.. let's start with taking two weeks off school to see U2 :wink: And continue with that school trip to Europe... shall I continue? :lol:

Okay, good point. :lol:

I think what she meant is that, in general, she's never been very independent. She's theoretically wise to the ways of the world, but in practice, not so much.

She's a mommy's girl. :cute:

VintagePunk said:

Okay, good point. :lol:

I think what she meant is that, in general, she's never been very independent. She's theoretically wise to the ways of the world, but in practice, not so much.

She's a mommy's girl. :cute:

Well, she's got a cool mommy :wink:

VintagePunk said:

: :kiss:

And how about you, missy? I've been catching up (usually very late at night) when I have time. I'm surprised you haven't started swimming yet. :cute: :happy:

:eek: :happy: :love:

I've actually been preparing to sell a few collectibles and doing my best to save money; tomorrow I'm going looking for a part time job that I can work while trying to market my manuscript. I figure I'll need $3,500 for the flight, hotel and such to go see him. He won't be able to make it here for about six months and I don't know if I can wait that long :lol: :shifty:

I don't think I've ever felt like this... I can't even explain it, and that's saying a lot for me. :heart:

VintagePunk said:
Hey Mia!! :hug:

SG, how are you coming along with the editing process?

Wow, that's a lot of money!

Slower than I would like :sigh: but I realize it's my own fault, my concentration has been shattered lately - just too many things demanding my attention.

and yeah - that is a LOT of money. I'm working on getting a better deal, as well, but we shall see

Hi Mia :hug:

redhotswami said:
Hey VP! :hug: whats goin on?

Just the usual craziness. :crazy: I just found out today that one of the recent jobs I've applied for requires me to write an essay about a specific topic having to do with the position, and the population I'd be working with. I got an e-mail today saying I had to do this. So guess what I'll be doing all weekend. :happy:

SG, sorry your progress has been less than ideal. :( I'm confident that you'll get it together, and get on a roll soon, though. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Just the usual craziness. :crazy: I just found out today that one of the recent jobs I've applied for requires me to write an essay about a specific topic having to do with the position, and the population I'd be working with. I got an e-mail today saying I had to do this. So guess what I'll be doing all weekend. :happy:

SG, sorry your progress has been less than ideal. :( I'm confident that you'll get it together, and get on a roll soon, though. :hug:

WTF? an ESSAY? that's wild, I've never heard of that before! is this a research-type job? or is it run by people who really really love to read...even more than i do?

redhotswami said:

WTF? an ESSAY? that's wild, I've never heard of that before! is this a research-type job? or is it run by people who really really love to read...even more than i do?

:lol: I love that reaction!

not that I've heard of that either :scratch:

Thanks VP :hug: I'm sure I'll be all right

redhotswami said:

Yes, they want me to write a paper and submit it regarding a few very important aspects of the job and circumstances that the population will face. :crazy:

In a way, I can see why they would use something like this as a screening tool...major work that I don't have time for, but probably smart of them. I'll kick its ass, because I'm very well informed in this area, better than the other job I applied for. :up:

The position is for a counsellor/project coordinator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom