Pleban Girls Party - Sweet Sixteen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CeeCee said:

:lmao: I'm ssssooo sorry! I didn't even think of it like that! But now that you say that.. :giggle: :lol:

And here I figured either my dreams were coming true or he was warning me to 'back the hell off, Bitch! I'm Larry Fucking Mullen!' :lmao:

Russty Cat said:

Thank you!!! That is a great idea!

I don't think your jaded about the whole marriage thing. I think your realistic.

Being someone who has been married for about 9 years, who has really grown up with my husband, I honestly wouldn't advise marriage for everyone. After 9 years we still are always battling staying together. For us its a concious choice to make it work. We are currently back at the living together like room mates stage. We cycle thru this every 2 years or so. So we are attempting to try to be better. But its hard work. Personally I have stayed this long, because he is great with our kids, the sex is good, and he never bitches about my personality or quirks.

He said that he stays around, cuz I make him laugh and for some reason he loves me. :lol: We drive each other nuts, but mostly we don't fight. We just don't talk at all. I haven't reall seen him in a week now. We did the usual passing off of the kids a few hours ago. For someone else it may not work, but I make it work for me.

There must be some payoff that's causing you to stick around and do the work. :) Every situation is different. Me, the work part became me working, him doing nothing. For me, it was a matter of getting out, or losing my sanity. When I stopped doing ALL (no exaggeration) the work, it all went to hell. We were destroying each other. It's much more difficult to stay and work than it is to leave...and I wish you all the luck in the world. I just got to the point where I could no longer do it. :hug:

And I think in the time that I've been alone, I've become more self-centered and selfish...I'd been existing for him since I was 16...I know what I want/need, and like I said, I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
Mucca the interview is a funny little clip with an interviewer asking Bono if he shaves his chest :lmao:

Just watched it!! :lmao::lmao:

OMG the question sounds even funnier with the interviewer's accent!!

VintagePunk said:

I'd be turfing that b/f...him wanting you to ask permission?? Eek. Sounds to me like you have a really, really healthy outlook. :hug: So many people think they canfind hapiness by living through another, and life just doesn't work that way...

He did! :lol: I told him I was merely telling him as a courtesey, becuase if anyone of the boys asks me to run away with them, I'm gone! :laugh:

CeeCee said:

And what's B say? Since YSI won't apparently work on this peice of junk?

and since I'm on AOL, with dialup and my late father's old 'puter, and really really want to hear a funny Bono quote now?

I know I'm young, but I really don't think marriage is for me. Maybe because my parents are divorced and that's made me a bit jaded about the idea. That has something to do with it. But I just don't like the idea of being tied down to something forever. I consider myself to be very independent and I think I'd lose some of that independence if I were to get married.I'm not afraid of commitment. In fact I hope to meet a great guy someday who I could have a great, committed relationship with, maybe have kids. As of right now, I say I don't want kids, but that's something I could change my mind about. My mother would probably kill me if I had a child out of wedlock :lol:. But if I'm in a long-term committed relationship with a guy and we both want kids, I don't see the problem.

If I don't want to get married, then why the hell do I have my whole dream wedding planned out? :huh: :lmao:

jobob said:

So when are we doing it in Chicago? :wink:

Just so I can plan to actually obtain money, ask for time off from work, and know when to drive down I-94 in the joannemobile, you understand.

Please tell me the Chicago date is sooner than Oct. 25, so I don't have to wait as long any more for my first U2 show ...

The dates are Sept 21/22?? 20/21??

Something like that. The Tues and Wed of that week.

Russty Cat said:

Hi Mucca!!! :hug: Thank you so much! I'm looking for more guitars to add to the other one. I'm going to do a whole sleeve of guitars with wings and music winding thru it all. :hyper:

I really like your idea on having music winding through! That's going to look great!! :up: :D

Do you like Bono's green guitar?
344537%3A%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2329%3D82%3B%3D83%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323986%3A68747ot1lsi

Oh yeah, Sorry for leaving on you yesterday night. I had no idea if you were coming back since I replied so late. :huh: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I'd be turfing that b/f...him wanting you to ask permission?? Eek. Sounds to me like you have a really, really healthy outlook. :hug: So many people think they canfind hapiness by living through another, and life just doesn't work that way...

That just cracks me up that he even thought you were asking permission! I asked Mr. Cat if he was busy on Sept.1. He asked why? I said, cuz I was going to Canada. He didn't even bat an eye. He knew I wasn't asking him permission. I was just informing him that he would have the kids while I was gone. Now that its a full 6 day vacation, he is just taking time off work to be with the girls.

I told him I was seeing U2 in November after I had bought the tickets. He just said to let him know the dates I would be gone. And asked if I needed money for a hotel or was I staying with a friend. :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:

And here I figured either my dreams were coming true or he was warning me to 'back the hell off, Bitch! I'm Larry Fucking Mullen!' :lmao:

God, that's funny!

If the real Bono read either my fanfic or my mind, he'd probably tell me 'back the hell off, bitch, I'm Bono."

Writing "I'm Fucking ...." just doesn't work in the same way when the subject of your statement only has a one-word stage name. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

That just cracks me up that he even thought you were asking permission! I asked Mr. Cat if he was busy on Sept.1. He asked why? I said, cuz I was going to Canada. He didn't even bat an eye. He knew I wasn't asking him permission. I was just informing him that he would have the kids while I was gone. Now that its a full 6 day vacation, he is just taking time off work to be with the girls.

I told him I was seeing U2 in November after I had bought the tickets. He just said to let him know the dates I would be gone. And asked if I needed money for a hotel or was I staying with a friend. :giggle:

Well, I told him on one of our first dates, in fact I think it was the first actual date we went on, that I didn't want to have to stop and think about whether I needed to feed him or if he would be okay alone ebfore deciding to drop everything and going out with my girlfreinds for an evening. ANd he swore to me he'd not only be fine with it, but he'd give me money to go, so I thought 'Okay! Going ot see U2 shouldn't be a problem!' I think his biggest concern is that he knows how much competetion any one of the Boys are to him. He said 'You expect me to agree to let you fly out, meet some other woman to flirt with, and go flirt with four rock stars?' and I said 'I don't expect you to agree. I'm telling you I'm going.'

daygloeyes2 said:
I know I'm young, but I really don't think marriage is for me. Maybe because my parents are divorced and that's made me a bit jaded about the idea. That has something to do with it. But I just don't like the idea of being tied down to something forever. I consider myself to be very independent and I think I'd lose some of that independence if I were to get married.I'm not afraid of commitment. In fact I hope to meet a great guy someday who I could have a great, committed relationship with, maybe have kids. As of right now, I say I don't want kids, but that's something I could change my mind about. My mother would probably kill me if I had a child out of wedlock :lol:. But if I'm in a long-term committed relationship with a guy and we both want kids, I don't see the problem.

If I don't want to get married, then why the hell do I have my whole dream wedding planned out? :huh: :lmao:

I REALLY don't want to sound patronizing, because I hated it when people would talk to me like that, so take this for what it's worth. I wish someone would have told me this. :lol:

You're gonna change your mind a million times between now and then. But your outlook now is really good...

I firmly believe that no one should get married till their late 20's (very late) or 30-ish. People haven't even begun to know themselves till then, and it's SO easy to grow apart...

VintagePunk said:

There must be some payoff that's causing you to stick around and do the work. :) Every situation is different. Me, the work part became me working, him doing nothing. For me, it was a matter of getting out, or losing my sanity. When I stopped doing ALL (no exaggeration) the work, it all went to hell. We were destroying each other. It's much more difficult to stay and work than it is to leave...and I wish you all the luck in the world. I just got to the point where I could no longer do it. :hug:

And I think in the time that I've been alone, I've become more self-centered and selfish...I'd been existing for him since I was 16...I know what I want/need, and like I said, I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting. :lol:

:hug: I totally understand where your coming from. If its a one sided deal it would never work.

Honestly the reason I stay and do the work is, because he supports me in my work. He has told me honestly that he backs me and that he believes that I have talent and that it would be a waste if I wasn't using it. Though he doesn't always get it. He is supportive. And there are these very rare moments of total utter sheer madness, that are just amazing. A few weeks ago one night we started talking about 2am and we started laughing so hard that we were crying. I mean really full body laughing where you can't even breathe. Its this amazing feeling of just letting loose.

I don't know there is just something about him. He is such a good friend, I just can't imagine getting thru all the hard things without him. He thanked me once for giving him two beautiful kids. He told me he didn't need much in life, but he had always wanted children. That was it, that's enough for him. So I told him he was very welcome, but he would be paying for the rest of his natural born life. :lol: He called me "moneysucker" just this morning.

So he got his kids, he loves on em', makes money and I spend it traveling the world and having a good time. If he ever runs out of cash, we'll all be fucked! :laugh:

VintagePunk said:

I REALLY don't want to sound patronizing, because I hated it when people would talk to me like that, so take this for what it's worth. I wish someone would have told me this. :lol:

You're gonna change your mind a million times between now and then. But your outlook now is really good...

I firmly believe that no one should get married till their late 20's (very late) or 30-ish. People haven't even begun to know themselves till then, and it's SO easy to grow apart...

I know I'll change my mind many times about many different things. It's apart of growing up. :lol: And maybe I'll change my mind about this. I never say never to anything. But I honestly cannot see myself 10, 15 years from now walking down the aisle. :yikes:

Oh! I just remebered! I was going to Hollywood Video on Friday after getting HP 6 to get a scary movie in case I got tired. SO I was going in and this woman came out with a little aobut about 5 years old or so. ANd as she walked past I realized she had tattoos going down one leg, on both arms, and several pericing, and that her hair was hot pink. And my first thought, I kid you not, was 'Wow, she looks like Russty!'

*licks Russty*

jobob said:

God, that's funny!

If the real Bono read either my fanfic or my mind, he'd probably tell me 'back the hell off, bitch, I'm Bono."

Writing "I'm Fucking ...." just doesn't work in the same way when the subject of your statement only has a one-word stage name. :lol:

Woo hoo! I'm F:censored:g Bono! :lmao:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: I totally understand where your coming from. If its a one sided deal it would never work.

Honestly the reason I stay and do the work is, because he supports me in my work. He has told me honestly that he backs me and that he believes that I have talent and that it would be a waste if I wasn't using it. Though he doesn't always get it. He is supportive. And there are these very rare moments of total utter sheer madness, that are just amazing. A few weeks ago one night we started talking about 2am and we started laughing so hard that we were crying. I mean really full body laughing where you can't even breathe. Its this amazing feeling of just letting loose.

I don't know there is just something about him. He is such a good friend, I just can't imagine getting thru all the hard things without him. He thanked me once for giving him two beautiful kids. He told me he didn't need much in life, but he had always wanted children. That was it, that's enough for him. So I told him he was very welcome, but he would be paying for the rest of his natural born life. :lol: He called me "moneysucker" just this morning.

So he got his kids, he loves on em', makes money and I spend it traveling the world and having a good time. If he ever runs out of cash, we'll all be fucked! :laugh:

We used to have those moments. They became more and more rare. I got to the point where I just craved serenity. Didn't want the rollercoaster anymore.

Mucca said:

I really like your idea on having music winding through! That's going to look great!! :up: :D

Do you like Bono's green guitar?
344537%3A%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2329%3D82%3B%3D83%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323986%3A68747ot1lsi

Oh yeah, Sorry for leaving on you yesterday night. I had no idea if you were coming back since I replied so late. :huh: :hug:

No worries, I didn't mean to step away, but Fluffy started crying and didn't settle down on her own.

I love Bonos guitar and I kid you not I just found a thread about that one on the main drawer. I've saved the picture!

I'm thinking of doing that one, as well as a blonde guitar edge uses, and then choosing one of Mike McCreadys guitars. The music is probably going to be harder. I'm thinking of actually transcribing part of a song off of a music sheet. But deciding on a song is going to be incredibly hard.

Back
Top Bottom