Pleban Girls Party - Sweet Sixteen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to find pictures of certain guitars Edge plays. I need nice clear pictures of just the guitars for my tattoo work. Does anyone know of a website that might list different ones he plays? Even if they don't have pics and just the names at least it would be some place to start.

VintagePunk said:

I've both had a spouse, and not had one. I like life without a hell of a lot better.

Most couples I know live their lives tolerating each other, making their way from one dispute to the next....especially when kids are thrown into the mix.

Disclaimer: I know this is a vast generalization and not all couples are like this. but from my experience, most I know are.

I swear you are a younger Canadian version of my mother. Because you seem to share many of the same philosophies and views as her. :ohmy:

Except I don't have to worry about her tasering me. :wink:

Russty Cat said:
I'm trying to find pictures of certain guitars Edge plays. I need nice clear pictures of just the guitars for my tattoo work. Does anyone know of a website that might list different ones he plays? Even if they don't have pics and just the names at least it would be some place to start.

Maybe if you looked on the Dallas Schoo website?? It's run by an interferencer named Mike...

VintagePunk said:

Bono has a creative bone.

What? He writes lots...he paints.

Sheesh. :angel:

:wink:

LOL (but not loudly, since I don't want to wake my stepmother).

I've been trying to figure out how my fanfic "B" can indulge his "Bono" creative side. I may switch from second-person voice and have "B" write a chapter of the story. Or have him play a little music. Or both. Gosh, it's so much fun playing around with Bono when he's not really Bono. :wink:

VP: Yeah, I've heard that argument before. Maybe part of me is a hopeless -- or hopeful -- romantic, because I still want to someday have a good relationship.

daygloeyes2 said:

I swear you are a younger Canadian version of my mother. Because you seem to share many of the same philosophies and views as her. :ohmy:

Except I don't have to worry about her tasering me. :wink:

And we both apparently had sex with your dad. :yikes: :yikes:

:lol:

Seriously though...most people I know who have long-standing marriages aren't really happy together, and they don't share intimacy...they've just settled, to keep from being alone.

I'm one of the coolest people I know, so the alone part doesn't bother me a bit. :wink: :lol:

I really can't see myself getting married ever again. It'd have to be someone phenomenal (coughBcough), and I'm not really holding my breath for that to happen. :wink:

Some might call me jaded or cynical, but I think I'm a realist. :shrug:

jobob said:

LOL (but not loudly, since I don't want to wake my stepmother).

I've been trying to figure out how my fanfic "B" can indulge his "Bono" creative side. I may switch from second-person voice and have "B" write a chapter of the story. Or have him play a little music. Or both. Gosh, it's so much fun playing around with Bono when he's not really Bono. :wink:

VP: Yeah, I've heard that argument before. Maybe part of me is a hopeless -- or hopeful -- romantic, because I still want to someday have a good relationship.

Elessarian (not sure if you know her, she hasn't been on much lately :sad: ) said one of the most insightful things I've ever heard on the subject...that the cynics might be the most romantic and idealistic deep down inside, holding on to the belief that the perfect person might be out there, rather than settling for just anyone, to prevent being alone. I think part of me might be that way...

VintagePunk said:

And we both apparently had sex with your dad. :yikes: :yikes:

:lol:

Seriously though...most people I know who have long-standing marriages aren't really happy together, and they don't share intimacy...they've just settled, to keep from being alone.

I'm one of the coolest people I know, so the alone part doesn't bother me a bit. :wink: :lol:

I really can't see myself getting married ever again. It'd have to be someone phenomenal (coughBcough), and I'm not really holding my breath for that to happen. :wink:

Some might call me jaded or cynical, but I think I'm a realist. :shrug:

VP! :hug: I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the wrold who doesn't want to get married. It's annoying, going out with my girlfriends and listening to them complain about how old they are and how they aren't married yet. They think it's sad I don't want to get married. I'm always like 'Hell! I'm 26, I haven't even graduated college yet, why do I need to be married! Besides, when I become an archaeologist, why do I want to have to cater to a man? If someone calls and says 'Can you be in Mexico in three days?' I want to be able to say 'Hell yes!' So why shut myself out like that?'

But that's jsut my view. Because it seems to me no matter how men say they'll be supportive, once you're in a relationship they never really are. Mr. BF is (supposidly) an ex-navy seal. Said he'd be fine with me going out, yet when I tell him I'm flying to Detroit to go see U2 he wants to know if I'm asking permission.

VintagePunk said:

Maybe if you looked on the Dallas Schoo website?? It's run by an interferencer named Mike...

Thank you!!! That is a great idea!

I don't think your jaded about the whole marriage thing. I think your realistic.

Being someone who has been married for about 9 years, who has really grown up with my husband, I honestly wouldn't advise marriage for everyone. After 9 years we still are always battling staying together. For us its a concious choice to make it work. We are currently back at the living together like room mates stage. We cycle thru this every 2 years or so. So we are attempting to try to be better. But its hard work. Personally I have stayed this long, because he is great with our kids, the sex is good, and he never bitches about my personality or quirks.

He said that he stays around, cuz I make him laugh and for some reason he loves me. :lol: We drive each other nuts, but mostly we don't fight. We just don't talk at all. I haven't reall seen him in a week now. We did the usual passing off of the kids a few hours ago. For someone else it may not work, but I make it work for me.

VintagePunk said:

Elessarian (not sure if you know her, she hasn't been on much lately :sad: ) said one of the most insightful things I've ever heard on the subject...that the cynics might be the most romantic and idealistic deep down inside, holding on to the belief that the perfect person might be out there, rather than settling for just anyone, to prevent being alone. I think part of me might be that way...

Very good insight (and I think I have seen Elessarian visit here briefly fairly recently). I recognize myself in it too.

And since I'm tired and could fill computer screens/books/therapy sessions with rambling thoughts on the subject. I'll leave my comments at that for now.

I'm planning on going to Chicago... though the tickets may come down to whether I get them at the ticket drop or not :yikes: still, I think it would be worth the effort

Cindy - that e-mail name, the way it pops up that is so mean!!!!!! I swear my heart stopped beating for a full minute!

Sad_Girl said:
I'm planning on going to Chicago... though the tickets may come down to whether I get them at the ticket drop or not :yikes: still, I think it would be worth the effort

Cindy - that e-mail name, the way it pops up that is so mean!!!!!! I swear my heart stopped beating for a full minute!

I'm so sorry, SG! It's the same email I've been giving you to send pron to! I thought you knew that!

CeeCee said:

VP! :hug: I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the wrold who doesn't want to get married. It's annoying, going out with my girlfriends and listening to them complain about how old they are and how they aren't married yet. They think it's sad I don't want to get married. I'm always like 'Hell! I'm 26, I haven't even graduated college yet, why do I need to be married! Besides, when I become an archaeologist, why do I want to have to cater to a man? If someone calls and says 'Can you be in Mexico in three days?' I want to be able to say 'Hell yes!' So why shut myself out like that?'

But that's jsut my view. Because it seems to me no matter how men say they'll be supportive, once you're in a relationship they never really are. Mr. BF is (supposidly) an ex-navy seal. Said he'd be fine with me going out, yet when I tell him I'm flying to Detroit to go see U2 he wants to know if I'm asking permission.

I'd be turfing that b/f...him wanting you to ask permission?? Eek. Sounds to me like you have a really, really healthy outlook. :hug: So many people think they canfind hapiness by living through another, and life just doesn't work that way...

CeeCee said:

Is the Pleban way not working now? What ever happened to do it! Do it! DO IT!

So when are we doing it in Chicago? :wink:

Just so I can plan to actually obtain money, ask for time off from work, and know when to drive down I-94 in the joannemobile, you understand.

Please tell me the Chicago date is sooner than Oct. 25, so I don't have to wait as long any more for my first U2 show ...

CeeCee said:

I'm so sorry, SG! It's the same email I've been giving you to send pron to! I thought you knew that!

:lol: I know, it's just the first time I got a little pop up message that said " You have recieved a new email message from: Lawrence Mullen RE: Hi

I was like :shocked: :faint: :hyper: :sigh:

:wink:

Mucca said:
hello hello :wave:

Russty go to this sight: http://www.u2s-theedge.de.vu/

Hi Mucca!!! :hug: Thank you so much! I'm looking for more guitars to add to the other one. I'm going to do a whole sleeve of guitars with wings and music winding thru it all. :hyper:

I think most people are romantics at heart, but what happens to your heart along the way can change things. I was a romantic when I was young. I had hopes and dreams about love. But I had so much pain when I was young that much of that died. So I think I've learned to find romance in small ways. And love in the little things.

Back
Top Bottom