Pleban Girls Party - Sailing with Captain Bono on the good ship Pleba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

You only know 5 songs! :tsk:
That's so awesome! :ohmy: Give your friend my name! :wink:

You and your connections. :love:

Why don't you have to worry about big hair?

I got it "thermally reconditioned" which is also called "japanese straightening" because they invented it in japan.

where i guess people have crazy, curly hair? :scratch:

anyway, last time i had it done it lasted a year. it's awesome--only takes 5 or 10 minutes to blow it out instead of 45, and humidity doesn't make it frizz up. i feel liberated!!!

VP, there are NO concerts in my town, either. One band called Dressy Bessy is playing next week (i discovered them on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack!) and i might go but I don't know anyone else who likes them.

:sad:

VintagePunk said:
I miss the adrenaline rush of trying to buy tickets. :lmao:

I think I have ulcers from it....:lmao:

your right though*sigh...I even miss the pulling my hair out frustration at ticketbastard...*misty eyes

Dismantled said:

:drool:

yeah..sure the beaches...:shifty:

they were so worth it though....oooh look at this...

36762522.jpg
[/IMG]

36762526.jpg
[/IMG]
309304070EhztYJ_ph.jpg
[/IMG]

I found them today:love:

I'm packing my bags and going BACK RIGHT NOW:angry::(

is that St. John?????

ruffian said:

I got it "thermally reconditioned" which is also called "japanese straightening" because they invented it in japan.

anyway, last time i had it done it lasted a year. it's awesome--only takes 5 or 10 minutes to blow it out instead of 45, and humidity doesn't make it frizz up. i feel liberated!!!

VP, there are NO concerts in my town, either. One band called Dressy Bessy is playing next week (i discovered them on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack!) and i might go but I don't know anyone else who likes them.

Oh I know what you're talking about. My friend got that. :up:

I have the opposite problem! There were so many concerts here, but no one to go with. :sad:

ruffian said:

Yay for straight hair! :happy:

There's rarely anything in my town specifically, we generally have to go to Toronto, Hamilton or London, but there's nothing in any of those places I'm remotely interested in seeing, other than maybe Roger Waters in Toronto in Sept, for which I don't have tickets, of course.

bonoishot said:
What an evening. :crack: :|

Hey girls. :hug::heart: Too many of you to name. :lol:

Wild:clone:love:

Ruff :ohmy: :drool: Glad you're back in America safe and sound.

x

Jem :heart: how are you?

VP, I miss it, too, even though that is fairly inexplicable. ah, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Okay - here are a few funny pictures of yesterday. I'm sure I'll get more pictures that I'll be in later on this week, but I only took one picture that has me in it. Anyways, here we go.

The bride-to-be, in a picture for the scavenger hunt
P7080039.jpg

At the martini bar
p7080067.jpg

Our delicious appy's
P7080068.jpg

Me and the bride-to-be. We look pretty damn pissed, but this was still early on in the evening. :lmao:
P7080072.jpg

sami0201 said:

Oh I know what you're talking about. My friend got that. :up:

I have the opposite problem! There were so many concerts here, but no one to go with. :sad:

NONE of my friends like the same music. bunch of boring professors :down: i'd totally be your concert buddy! in fact, i want to go see snow patrol someplace within driving distance (like Atlanta) but i don't know anyone who will go with me.

:tsk:

cute pictures, thora!

VintagePunk said:
I miss the adrenaline rush of trying to buy tickets. :lmao:

Jem! :hug:

VP! Go back and search in my journal for my entry about buying Springsteen tickets. :lmao:

At least I can laugh about it now.

Love your avatar, Jem.

But is it safe to say I've never seen the first Pirates of the Carribean movie? :shifty:

ruffian said:

NONE of my friends like the same music. bunch of boring professors :down: i'd totally be your concert buddy! in fact, i want to go see snow patrol someplace within driving distance (like Atlanta) but i don't know anyone who will go with me.

cute pictures, thora!

I wish I lived nearer to any of you. :sigh:

I wanted to see Snow Patrol so badly but first they weren't coming to FL, then when they postponed the NY date to June 27th I was going to go but then they postponed again until September and I'll be home by then!! :sad:

sami0201 said:

I wish I lived nearer to any of you. :sigh:

I wanted to see Snow Patrol so badly but first they weren't coming to FL, then when they postponed the NY date to June 27th I was going to go but then they postponed again until September and I'll be home by then!! :sad:

when i arrived in belfast they'd played the week before and then left for the US :madwife:

but now that the dates have been re-scheduled i could actually make a show somewhere. i'm friendless! :sad:

ruffian said:

cute pictures, thora!

Crap, I would so be your concert buddy. But since our states are not within driving distance of each other ...

VintagePunk said:
The Killers' new album is supposed to be out in Sept, I think? :hyper: :happy:

:drool:

Brandon Flowers... :drool:
i read a recent interview and it's supposed to be less pop than the first one. it will be interesting to hear!

There should be a concert friends database, arranged geographically and by genre. :drool:

I'm always covered, Sarah and I have similar tastes, but taking her means I have to pay for two tickets. :angry:

greeneyedgirl said:
Wow! Everybody is here :hyper:

GG!!!! :hug:

VP, what a grand idea! I also decided i really, really need to find some friends who don't live in Canada, England, California, etc. Given how much I travel I don't even hang out with many people when I'm at home. Lots of people my age have small kids, and it really changes things.

Nice pics Thora. :)

No concerts here i want to see. I miss it too. :sad:

Ruff :heart: i'm OK. Had a bit of drama since i've come back from Dublin. Just had my brother, sister and sister in law over to talk about me seeing my father. They said there might be problems with my stepmother not liking the idea. (She can apparently get v possesive over other people spending time with my Dad. :| )

She is in England this week though and hes in Greece by himself so my brother is going to phone him so he can talk to him when hes by himself and shes not around.

So my bro will call me back when he has an answer.

I will fill you in on the whole saga by PM/email if you want.

Soemthing else got brought up from the past. I spent ages crying to Kat before about it ( i don't want to write it on here. If people want to know then PM/email me)

While my family were here Andy text me 6 times/called me once to see if i was OK as he knew i was a bit nervous about the whole thing. :heart:

/rant

Back
Top Bottom