Pleban Girls Party - Desperately Seeking Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
greeneyedgirl said:

were they the 9.5 oz or the 'long necks'? :laugh:
they were the kind that caused me to gain about 7 pounds in 2 weeks :sad: well, the chocolate and guinness didn't help...and the fish and chips...:reject:

ruffian said:

:drool: OMG, a girl after my own heart. I was blasting The Psychedlic Furs in my car today. It was like 1985 all over again. Has anyone heard that song by Bowling for Soup, "1985?" It's awesome!

*G* It got a lot of play over here, at least on one of the TO stations - pretty good song :)

Oh, and I picked up 'Zooropa' today for the first time, too. I'd heard all of the tracks off of it except for 2, so I already loved it, but now I'm addicted to Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car :D

I totally have a crush on MacPhisto :reject:

jobob said:

:whistle: "And bring back Springsteen ... and U2 ..."

Why, yes, I may have heard "1985" a time or two.

yay!!!!!! :heart: i love that song!!!!!!!!! it's great music for running actually---all of their stuff. i can't believe you know it!

jobob said:

I :heart: Starbucks Frappuccino.

I have no idea why, but I have always loved cold coffee and coffee with cream and sugar. So for me Frappuccino is nearly perfect.

My grandpa used to let me drink his coffee when I went hunting with him and my dad when I was really little. Couldn't tell grandma....it was a secret..... And he had one of those really big red/black/white plaid thermos', and the coffee would stay warm for about 1 hr, then get cold and stay cold :huh: But I was cool, cause I could drink coffee with grandpa :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Ruff!!!! :hug:

I spent my Sat. night (so far) purchasing insanely cheap souvlaki pork shish-ka-bobs!! :rockon:

:lol:

wow, my highlight was gonna be cleaning the litterbox. you win! that is *damn* glamourous!

SG, Bowling for Soup are kinda like the Ramones--they don't sound like them but they have those 2.5 minute pop-y songs that you can just crank, and they make me smile.

Sad_Girl said:
Oh, and I picked up 'Zooropa' today for the first time, too. I'd heard all of the tracks off of it except for 2, so I already loved it, but now I'm addicted to Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car :D

SG, i assume you have the ZooTV Sydney video? MacPhisto...:drool: He opens his shirt at one point and i almost always collapse (and that's not good, since I watch vids and DVDs when I'm running on the treadmill...) if you don't have that video...i'll just die.

Hi Russty, bye BG :wave:

Sad_Girl said:

That is a pretty good song :yes:

I'm not sure whats up with my musical taste at the moment. Maybe because I've also been listening to Boy and War a lot, too. Boy is still one of their best albums IMO. 'Out of control' is actually my second favorite U2 song. ('One' will always hold the top position in my heart :heart: )

AIWIY is my favourite - Bad has worked its way into the top 5, if not right into #2... but anything below those two kind of varies *g*

ruffian said:

SG, i assume you have the ZooTV Sydney video? MacPhisto...:drool: He opens his shirt at one point and i almost always collapse (and that's not good, since I watch vids and DVDs when I'm running on the treadmill...) if you don't have that video...i'll just die.

Hi Russty, bye BG :wave:

Russty just sent me the video last week. I think I've watched it 20 times :lol: I've never even SEEN it for SALE anywhere before. :madspit: I hate living in BFN. :grumpy:

ruffian said:

yay!!!!!! :heart: i love that song!!!!!!!!! it's great music for running actually---all of their stuff. i can't believe you know it!

Ruff, "1985's" chorus could be my theme song! :lol:
I'm so happy U2 and Bruce are both back with great new albums and tours ... :wink:

and since I was in college for half of the 80s, I listened to and remember a lot of 80s music. I love the "Live Aid" DVD, with all those 80s bands you don't hear anymore -- and ones which are still around.

Sad_Girl said:

I love Zooropa!!! :hyper: I'm so glad you got it!!! <girly squeeeeeee> :giggle:

I'm so sick and twisted that when we were in the loan office today getting ready to sign the paperwork all I could think of was Macphisto. The gal helping us left the office for a minute and I asked Mr. Cat if he was really sure about the whole thing. He said yeah why? I felt like we were selling our soul to the devil! I was waiting for MacP to come in any moment and sit down. :laugh: I still think we're nuts, but thankfully the payment is only $100 a month so its easy to cover it. now that I think about it, it would have been nicer getting screwed by MacP. :lol:

Drea said:

AIWIY is my favourite - Bad has worked its way into the top 5, if not right into #2... but anything below those two kind of varies *g*

Bad is :up: right up there as an absolute favorite of mine. 'Seconds' is another one which has always been a fave. One of the best IMO. One has been #1 ever since Achtung Baby was first released, and everything else has been sort of up and down. There is only one song I have never liked by U2. Of course it is the one which got constant air time on our crappy radio station, too :grumpy:

ruffian said:

wow, my highlight was gonna be cleaning the litterbox. you win! that is *damn* glamourous!

Souvlaki. And it's low fat. :drool:

I'm betting our Sat. night in 7 weeks will be a helluva lot more fun. :wink:

I might need to reboot...if so, back in a few.

jobob said:

:whistle: "And bring back Springsteen ... and U2 ..."

Why, yes, I may have heard "1985" a time or two.

Hi, everyone :wave:s :hug:s
FINALLY...I will be here tonight for the next several hours!

:ohmy: I didn't know Bruce was named in that song as well?!

I remember they say, of course, "...and bring back U2 and Blondie" -- which is How my ears 'picked it up' on what ever station was playing it some months back.....those 2 names caught my attention :yes: :D

jobob said:

Ruff, "1985's" chorus could be my theme song! :lol:
I'm so happy U2 and Bruce are both back with great new albums and tours ... :wink:

and since I was in college for half of the 80s, I listened to and remember a lot of 80s music. I love the "Live Aid" DVD, with all those 80s bands you don't hear anymore -- and ones which are still around.
just watched the Live Aid DVD last month...it was great!

SG, you can get ZooTV on amazon.com...dirt cheap, too!

Hey Diane! :wave: Hey Dazz! :wave

I have no idea where I put my copy of Zooropa. My guess is it's maybe buried under a bunch of junk on my kitchen table? And I bought it so long ago I'm not sure if I bought it in CD or cassette. Maybe I should buy it again? Or just wait until I finally get The Complete U2 from iTunes?

:hmm:

I did hear "Some Days are Better Than Others" earlier today on ZooRadio while I was at work. I've always liked that song. Heard "Dirty Day" on ZooRadio, too. That's from Zooropa, right?

:dance: Listening to the Ramones - Howling at the moon :dance:

:wave: Hi Dazz! and Diane!

:hug: Russty it sounds like it's gonna be ok, you get to take care of some things and $100 really is an incredibly low loan payment :yes:

Yes, Dirty Day is on Zooropa :yes:

Sad_Girl said:
RUUUUUUSSSTY! :hug: I keep missing you it seems!

Did you go see 'The Island'?

Hi!!! SG :hug: I've had a nice but busy day today. :D

The Island was soooo good!!! At first I was sitting in the theatre going I so shouldn't be here. This is stupid and I almost got up and left. But finally after it started I got into the scenery and costumes and Ewan. :giggle: He was amazing as usual. The whole concept of the movie was fantastic. A very realistic futuresque sci-fi type movie. I would definetly see it again. But since we own all of Ewans movies I"m sure we will be buying it. :lol:

Sean Bean was so good as the bad guy as usual. It did suck though that he didn't use his real voice. I hate when he ditches his incredible accent. :drool:

Sad_Girl said:

Bad is :up: right up there as an absolute favorite of mine. One of the best IMO. One has been #1 ever since Achtung Baby was first released, and everything else has been sort of up and down. There is only one song I have never liked by U2. Of course it is the one which got constant air time on our crappy radio station, too :grumpy:

Until earlier this year, I'd only heard Bad at Live Aid and didn't really remember it - but after hearing both Elevation and October (multiple times) playing it, I've fallen in love with it. It's one of the songs I'm trying to have fully signable by the TO shows (I'm partway there, but damn Bono for writing lyrics that I'm having a hell of a time finding close signs to in my two ASL dictionaries :laugh: ) I think it and WOWY are the two that I've made the furthest progress in *g*

So what song don't you like?

jobob said:
I have no idea where I put my copy of Zooropa. My guess is it's maybe buried under a bunch of junk on my kitchen table? And I bought it so long ago I'm not sure if I bought it in CD or cassette. Maybe I should buy it again? Or just wait until I finally get The Complete U2 from iTunes?

:hmm:

I did hear "Some Days are Better Than Others" earlier today on ZooRadio while I was at work. I've always liked that song. Heard "Dirty Day" on ZooRadio, too. That's from Zooropa, right?
Yes, both from Zooropa, both great! I love that whole CD, pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom