PLEBAn Girls and Guys Party - Keep On Rockin' In The Free World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:
Hi Cindy :hug:

Ok, the Napoleon Dynamite jokes about Adam were funny ... until I saw this picture and it made Pepsi shoot out my nose I laughed so hard!
U2Band2713.jpg

Oh, thank God, I'm not the only weirdo out there who sees Baby Adam and thinks Napoleon Dyanamite or vice versa! And I've never even seen the Napoleon Dynamite movie; just the posters and ads! (Keri, our cool intern at work this summer, told me it's a funny movie. She also told me Family Guy's funny -- and then I saw the Bono-on-Family Guy PLEBA thread.)

Sad_Girl said:
Hi Cindy :hug:

Ok, the Napoleon Dynamite jokes about Adam were funny ...
until I saw this picture and it made Pepsi shoot out my nose I laughed so hard!
U2Band2713.jpg

And Yes, I am aware Bono is :combust: dangerously hot in that pic :combust:

Holy fuckballs, Batman!!!!!!!!! :eek: :faint: :combust: Bono is beyond hot in that! Sex on a fucking stick that boy is!

Hi Cindy! :hug: *purr* The lesson sounds like it went great! :hyper: Make sure you take really good notes so you can teach me everything. :wink:

I still get *tingles* when i walk buy any place selling Electric Gutairs!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

about 20+ yrs ago......
My dad found a low-grade one that had been i think- abandoded and he gave it to me :heart: :heart:

I have a good enough ear to be able to pick out lead notes of a song....some chording....and can do some bass, too.

I've played abit of WHo,Televsion, U2 {early-mid} and others...but i hadtoget rid ofit some years back:sad:

Last edited:
CeeCee said:

Yes! My second! :hyper: My teach joked that he's gonna get me an electric, an amp, a couple of foot petals and we'll go on tour next week. I think my total chord number is up to 6 or 8. Though I can only do three fluently. And he taught me how to take the A chord and play chords that use the same fingers, just on different frets. :hyper: :hyper: And he showed me how to play Tequila Sunrise and the James Bond song. What's it... um.. Secret Agent Man? :hyper:

Hmm.. Secret Agent Man is a separate song, from a tv show I think. The James Bond theme is just called that (and I originally wrote Bond as Bono.. that's BAD ;))

Drea said:
(and I originally wrote Bond as Bono.. that's BAD ;))

:lol: The other night I was talking with someone on MSN about The Boy, whose name is actually Bob. As I was typing it, I kept typing Bon. In fact, even when I was trying to correct the original error, I still typed Bon. My fingers just automatically go to the N after typing a B and an O. :lol:

Night Dazzled :hug:

Last edited:
Drea said:

Hmm.. Secret Agent Man is a separate song, from a tv show I think. The James Bond theme is just called that (and I originally wrote Bond as Bono.. that's BAD ;))

It's not bad, Drea. I can work with it. Allow me:

"My name is Bono. James Bono." Now, aren't you melting, imagining Bono saying that in his voice? Well, maybe not you non-Bono girls, but I can assure you VP and I are. :combust:

Goes further: Imagines Bono in a tux, with hot sports car and lots of really cool 007 secret agent gadgets. :drool:

Now I need to put a picture with it:

peekabono.jpg

That's the closest I have to Bono in a tux. (Pity. I LOVE men in tuxes. Too bad Bono doesn't wear them often. Maybe he'll have to wear one if he gets the Nobel in December?)

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

:lol: The other night I was talking with someone on MSN about The Boy, whose name is actually Bob. As I was typing it, I kept typing Bon. In fact, even when I was trying to correct the original error, I still typed Bon. My fingers just automatically go to the N after typing a B and an O. :lol:

At least you didn't just type a B. :wink:

I know Mucca isn't on, but I wanted to aks her and so I'll ask you guys too. Bono's green electro-acoustic. I've seen either

1. two different ones (one with a bird on the pic guard and one with 'the goal is soul' printed on the pic guard) or

2. The same guitar with the pic guards changed.

I was looking at the pictures of Bono and his guitars in another thread and I thought 'I knwo the pic guard can be removed, is it possible that it's the same bloody guitar and he jsut changes the pic guard?' So I thought I'd ask y'alls ideas.

jobob said:

It's not bad, Drea. I can work with it. Allow me:

"My name is Bono. James Bono." Now, aren't you melting, imagining Bono saying that in his voice? Well, maybe not you non-Bono girls, but I can assure you VP and I are. :combust:

Goes further: Imagines Bono in a tux, with hot sports car and lots of really cool 007 secret agent gadgets. :drool:

Now I need to put a picture with it:

IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/jobob1/peekabono.jpg[/IMG]

That's the closest I have to Bono in a tux. (Pity. I LOVE men in tuxes. Too bad Bono doesn't wear them often. Maybe he'll have to wear one if he gets the Nobel in December?)

May I introduce you to a much better man to be saying "The name is Bond. James Bond."? ;)

BondAdam.jpg

Either that or the sexiest Bond villain to grace the screen since Sean Bean in Goldeneye :drool: :drool: :drool:

CeeCee said:
I know Mucca isn't on, but I wanted to aks her and so I'll ask you guys too. Bono's green electro-acoustic. I've seen either

1. two different ones (one with a bird on the pic guard and one with 'the goal is soul' printed on the pic guard) or

I was looking at the pictures of Bono and his guitars in another thread and I thought 'I knwo the pic guard can be removed, is it possible that it's the same bloody guitar and he jsut changes the pic guard?' So I thought I'd ask y'alls ideas.

Even though I know nothing about guitars, my wild guess is he uses more than one guitar in concert. Rock stars often do.

VintagePunk said:

Well Mr. Cat has gotten use to being called Bono now. :laugh: Its only happened a few times, but when it does he doesn't give me strange looks anymore. :giggle: I can't help that they have one letters difference in their names. :shrug: :wink:

CeeCee said:

I haven't seen pics of them side by side :drool:
but my guess is they're diff guitars. he's got enough money for that:wink:

Cindy I have a feeling that it may just be his Gretsch with different pic guards. He may have two different models of the same guitar. He seems to have a thing for that one. But I may be wrong.

Drea said:

May I introduce you to a much better man to be saying "The name is Bond. James Bond."? ;)

BondAdam.jpg

Either that or the sexiest Bond villain to grace the screen since Sean Bean in Goldeneye :drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh, yes. I've seen that photograph used to illustrate that point before ... I forgot how hawt-like-whoa Adam is in that photo. :combust:

Adam as villain, Bono as Bond.

:hmm: What kind of evil villian would Adam be? Would he force oour hero to, oh, say, singlehandlely save the African continent? Dismantle an atomic bomb with his bare hands? Sing *and* dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom