PLEBA Party: It's Bono's world, and we just live in it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Hi jobob! Hi VP! :wave:

Yes, that's another great reason to sell lotsa stuff on eBay...earning enough for grad school tuition!! I am aching to go back to library school in the fall, but I just can't afford it this semester. As it is, I'm going to have to speak to the acting dean and make sure I can hold my place in the class, as I didn't go in the Spring semester because of money problems too.

And yes, VP, "lightening the load" is always a good idea! Especially in my place!!!! I'm a terrible pack-rat who loves books and magazines, and that is a combination that leads to too much stuff all over the apartment. Plus I get a charge out of eBay...it's exciting when things sell, not just because of the money, but because you get it out of the house!

My problem is the whole packaging/shipping thing. I'm lazy. :lol: I think I'll try my luck with a yard sale first...for my books, I may try amazon.

VintagePunk said:

My problem is the whole packaging/shipping thing. I'm lazy. :lol: I think I'll try my luck with a yard sale first...for my books, I may try amazon.

I haven't had any luck with amazon. Can you list the books on half.com? I've done much better with them, especially with used textbooks.

As for packaging, yeah, it's not fun but it's worth the effort, IMHO! And I've bought enough from eBay to have an idea of how to pack things, based on the packages I've received.

VintagePunk said:

And to think I can barely talk on here, and watch a dvd I've seen a hundred times. :reject:

:lol: I'm just weird. I have an incredible knack for multi-tasking. If I'm on here during the day I'm usually taking care of fluffy, surfing the web, talking to you all, and watching a dvd.

I've always been a person who can just watch a movie or tv. I always knit, read a book, or sew while we are watching. I have to be doing something with my hands or my mind. I get to jumpy just sitting around.

Nighty night Joanne! :hug:

SG years ago I would take notes on receipts or deposit slips. :lol: but never with lipstick.

VP, you also mentioned yard sales. Yard sales are one of my favorite things in the world...my folks used to have one every year and I'd help. It's not an option for me because I live in an apartment now, darn it! But yard sales are always a good idea.

I did really well with my texts earlier! Sarah was holding them up to me, and I'd say "keep" or "get rid of." Stacked end to end, I have about 6 feet of texts to get rid of, despite my attachment to them! :lol:

I'm keeping all my psych texts, though...and several of my math/algebra (to brush up for the GREs)...and some of my Phil...(the CS Lewis ones)....and some history (ancient Rome and Greece - Sarah might use them!! And Russian Lit :drool: ) But that's all. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

:lol: I'm just weird. I have an incredible knack for multi-tasking. If I'm on here during the day I'm usually taking care of fluffy, surfing the web, talking to you all, and watching a dvd.

I've always been a person who can just watch a movie or tv. I always knit, read a book, or sew while we are watching. I have to be doing something with my hands or my mind. I get to jumpy just sitting around.

SG years ago I would take notes on receipts or deposit slips. :lol: but never with lipstick.

I have ADD and I used to have to study in complete silence when I was in hgih school. Then when I went away to college my frist year they put me in hte dorm with the most freshmen. SO of course, being freshmen, ther'es alwyas someone up at 3 in the morning doing something and it's never really quiet, even when you're sleeping. SO I learned how to sleep with the door open, the window open, a fan running, the mower outside going, and people running up and down the hall. Learned to study that way too. Now I can't have slience unless I've got a migrane or unless my dealing with people meter is low.

Diane L said:
VP, you also mentioned yard sales. Yard sales are one of my favorite things in the world...my folks used to have one every year and I'd help. It's not an option for me because I live in an apartment now, darn it! But yard sales are always a good idea.

Thanks for the half.com suggestion, never heard of it, but will check it out!!

And as for yard sale, I was planning one for last summer, for the three weeks I had off between summer and fall term, but I got sick and couldn't do it. :grumpy: I'm doing it this year!!! I have so much junk around this house...

Russty Cat said:

I think when you have small children/a child, you HAVE to multitask, or you get nothing done. In my case, it may be rebellion? Laziness? The fact that I no longer have a small child, so I don't need to spread my attention??

Possibly all three. :wink:

CeeCee said:

I have ADD and I used to have to study in complete silence when I was in hgih school. Then when I went away to college my frist year they put me in hte dorm with the most freshmen. SO of course, being freshmen, ther'es alwyas someone up at 3 in the morning doing something and it's never really quiet, even when you're sleeping. SO I learned how to sleep with the door open, the window open, a fan running, the mower outside going, and people running up and down the hall. Learned to study that way too. Now I can't have slience unless I've got a migrane or unless my dealing with people meter is low.

I'm the opposite. Being a mature :shifty: student, and living in my own home, in order to work/study/read, I need quiet to absorb. When I have time between classes on campus, I try to read, but it's not absorbed. I'm too nosy...pay too much attentiion to what's going on around me. :)

I remember being in high school and college right after high school, I could study with music/the tv on...but now I can't.

Ok, WTF is going on here? :lol:
U2-Los_Angeles_4-6-05.jpg

VintagePunk said:

I'm the opposite. Being a mature :shifty: student, and living in my own home, in order to work/study/read, I need quiet to absorb. When I have time between classes on campus, I try to read, but it's not absorbed. I'm too nosy...pay too much attentiion to what's going on around me. :)

I remember being in high school and college right after high school, I could study with music/the tv on...but now I can't.

I'm mature too. Maybe not as mature as you are, I'm only 26. Didnt' start college till I was 24. (Damn the woman's college for kicking me out. I could be in Greece or Ireland right now. :censored:) I think I jsut got used to the dorms so that now if it's too quiet my attention wanders because it had to get used to constant noise.

VintagePunk said:

OMG, that looks like it's from the show early in the 1st leg...remember when B picked the girl, then the other one rushed the stage and got on too, and then chased them??

That must be it it's labeled Los Angeles 4-6-05

CeeCee said:

My brother has ADD and it was so hard for him to study as well when we were kids with all the noise. Its nice you've learned to cope better.

VP I think your right it is a small child thing. I'm sure when I'm older I sleep all the time and do nothing. :lol:

Nighty night SG! :hug: Sweet dreams!

Russty Cat said:
VP I think your right it is a small child thing. I'm sure when I'm older I sleep all the time and do nothing. :lol:

Kinda like the life I lead now? :lol:

Hell, I figure I'm more than due. I swear, for the first two years of her life, I didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time (colic)...then till she was 5, I didn't sleep without her kicking me (the pediatric allergist's solution to get me more sleep)...then till she was 10 or so, she never got to sleep before midnight...:yikes: :crazy: I figure I'm due a few years of sleep. :lol:

*purrs for cindy*

Damn VP you have tons of sleep to catch up on! I live for my sleep. Because I have chronic fatigue syndrome I need tons of sleep and I'm a bitch when I don't get it. I was a mess for the first 8 months of Fluffys life. I was ready to kill someone. Now that she sleeps thru the night I'm alot easier to deal with. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I got into trouble because I didn't find chapter 2 as earth-shattering as many fans did. :reject:

If it makesyou feel better, page 523 is the first time I've gone OHMYGOD! duruing the entire book. Mind you I probably won't say so to my friends least I be ex-communicated...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom