PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Bono and Edge are actually human and fallible and make mistakes just like the rest of us?! :shocked: No way, I thought they were superhuman and could do anything and everything at once!! :panic:

Where's Larry when you need him?! :shifty:

I don't know what disturbs me more: The whole situation, which is tragic enough, or that some fans seem to find it funny and "can't wait for it to go to trial", which is simply a horrible idea. I hope it never goes to trial, it would get uglier and uglier. I hope they find some way to settle this and sort it out. And that B and E do indeed respond and show that they are willing to accept their mistakes. But as I said in the other thread discussing this issue: I find it wrong to put all the blame on one side here, be it Taymor or B&E. I'm sure mistakes were made on both sides. Fans are sometimes too harsh and quick when it comes to blaming and bashing the band, Bono in particular. We don't know the truth, we weren't there, it's her word against their word and there is obviously a lot of emotion involved, bitter feelings never make for an objective judgement of a situation like this.

And many fans on other forums - and also people in other forums discussing this issue - are saying that a. Taymor is going forward with this now that the musical has turned out to be a success and there's a lot of money involved and b. It's obviously the musical became better and ended up being a success after she was fired. So I would be a bit careful before totally jumping on B&E and putting all the blame on them. Taymor is surely a successful and intelligent woman and Broadway professional, but I'm sure she's not the innocent one here and surely has a hidden agenda.

And as for the Bono drunk story: That's the only part that I personally find funny and I find it totally blown out of proportion. Some fans say they like this story because it finally shows Bono as the rock star he's supposed to be. And quite frankly, I think it's really lame to bring up this single story to show Bono's "unprofessional" behaviour. I'm not saying it's fine for anyone to behave like that, but there coud be much worse things and as far as I've seen from her claims, most of her complaints are based on pure speculation.

Anyway, when this goes on and goes to trial, there will be only losers, no winners. There are already losers, this has become personal and I find it very regrettable and cannot see anything funny there.

joinadamclaytonforwalki.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJw-nryGGLs

:heart:

I love that he is bringing attention to this. Way to go Adam! :up:

Oh agree with you Silvia, bringing this whole mess into court is not funny, not funny at all! And it's a shame they couldn't settle this out of court, that friendships were destroyed, reputations sullied, all the finger-pointing, he said she said.....not good for anyone!! :|

going to court would be awful and extremely sad - i hope they can be grown up about it and sort it out between themselves before it gets to that stage...

like i've said all along, there is blame on all sides, but i really don't like how Taymor was scapegoated and vilified, and the boys were made to look like they were the knights in shining armour and not taking blame (not to mention the producers who i feel were the main problem, like i've also said all along) - the whole thing smacks of betrayal and underhandedness, and was just managed horribly :(

I hope they choose the route that will get them asap to the recording studio. If it's so that a lot of Taymor's work and vision is still a part of the final version of this musical then I think it's fair she's compensated for that.
Hope I don't seem like one of those biased superfans :crack: but I miss some fingers pointed at Michael Cohl and Jeremiah J. Harris, and Glen Berger in this thread.

Copacabana is an actual place?

Wow, you learn something new every day.

Maybe he'll duet with Lola! He can't miss her - she'll be the one with yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there.

His name is Pavel, he is an imposter!
In the Cooooooopaaaaaaaaaa- coooobaaaaa-aaa-aaanaaaaaaa!

:dancing:

Well, he's right in that it's "brilliant campaigning," anyway.

I like that it was more about "more people being aware" than heaps of praise for the organization itself. I think he was smart to kind of stay away from outright defending the organization, with "...they also know what a huge range of experts think about it, even if they all don’t agree."

A wise comment, I think. I liked this part.

I salute a strategy that generates this much interest if it's targeted towards lasting meaningful solutions ...

So ..... not so much with the saluting of KONY2012, then? ;)

The film director guy said something like, "If Bono, Oprah Winfrey and Steven Speilberg had a child, it would be me", right?

oh, the flames of hate that will occur in all directions:hmm:

HQ Studio in Dublin isn't empty anymore! Guitars, bass, drums are back in. Source: "some people" at last Snow Patrol concert.

Back
Top Bottom