PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey not sure where to post this but if you live in the states; according to U2.com , U2 are appearing tonight on The Billboard Music Awards live from Los Angeles. Not sure in what capacity, I don't think they are performing but probably getting an award for the top grossing tour of all time or something!! :):hyper::heart: It's on ABC right now on the east coast, 8pm PST

Hey not sure where to post this but if you live in the states; according to U2.com , U2 are appearing tonight on The Billboard Music Awards live from Los Angeles. Not sure in what capacity, I don't think they are performing but probably getting an award for the top grossing tour of all time or something!! :):hyper::heart: It's on ABC right now on the east coast, 8pm PST

I thank you! My husband however says, "Bollocks!!"

I just saw Bono a few seconds ago on the Billboard Awards in a tribute video for Beyonce. The crowd cheered really loudly when he came on the screen.

EDIT: They just said that later there will be a "special tribute to U2." :hmm:

this is painful to watch. I wish they would just say exactly what time U2 will be on so I can continue on with my evening.

Yes. This is when it hurts to be U2 fan. I really wished Kesha performed the first 30 minutes I had no idea it was on.

Oh, wait here we go!

I'm a big fan of what I fondly call "Big Dumb Pop Music," but I don't think I can bring myself to watch this show. I'll wait for a YouTube clip.

It was pretty quick. And Bono looked as though he was going to wax poetic for 10 minutes when Larry stepped in to shut him up.

It was pretty anti-climatic.

And did Edge swear? The audio went silent. I think I read his lips correctly. But, they all looked totally shaggable. How did they sweep into Las Vegas without anyone knowing?

And did Edge swear? The audio went silent. I think I read his lips correctly. But, they all looked totally shaggable. How did they sweep into Las Vegas without anyone knowing?

Yep, Edge swore. So proud of him. And Larry for shoving Bono out of the way. AND SPEAKING.

I wish Adam's line about "like a children's toy" would have been on camera and not just over the speaker but oh well.

They all looked AMAZING and I can't wait to favorite the YouTube clip! :heart:

If I remember my years in the midwest correctly, I think primetime shows start usually at 7, but that would mean it's a 3-hour show! *checks listings* Which it is! :lol:

Okay. So about 10:20 on this coast, I think, since it starts at 8. I'll see if I can catch it. Thanks!

Yea, it was about 10:17 to be exact on the East Coast. It was over in time for me to flip over to the 10:30 weather report on the news.

GettyImages and WireImage have photos up.

Here's a few :)

TouringTopArtistAwardLasVegas5-22-20113.jpg

TouringTopArtistAwardLasVegas5-22-20112.jpg

TouringTopArtistAwardLasVegas5-22-2011.jpg

I wasn't expecting them to actually be there! But it makes sense, since they are going to Utah next, which isn't exactly out of the way.

It was pretty quick. And Bono looked as though he was going to wax poetic for 10 minutes when Larry stepped in to shut him up.

It was pretty anti-climatic.

My first thought was that Bono seemed a little drunk. :drunk: He was talking a little slowly and seemed like he was prepared to go on for a while, until Larry stopped him; that was a first! :lol:

Yep, Edge swore. So proud of him. And Larry for shoving Bono out of the way. AND SPEAKING.

I wondered if Edge swore, but I couldn't figure out what he could have said in the context that was so bad. Besides, Bono is usually the one who does things like that!

The boys were on very briefly towards the end... it was short and sweet! Ha...Bono totally seemed like he was buzzed and Larry had to jump in and save him from himself! haha! He made some great comments about the crew! Props to him for doing that! They all look so great!! :):drool::up:

:lol: That's brilliant!!! Man I laughed quite a bit.

LOVED the Popmart mention. I can't believe they're suddenly remembering that tour out of nowhere!

During PopMart you went to one of our local Irish pubs which they still speak about to this day. Have you been to any Irish pubs while you’re here?
Bono: No, we just got in, what’s the best one?
The Crown and Anchor.
Bono: What’s it called, the Crown and Anchor?
The Crown and Anchor, yeah.
Bono: Now, normally, an Irish pub would not be called The Crown, but since the Queen has come to our country, now that’s possible. And so, [British accent] Do continue. Continue to go.
The Edge: Brian Boru; it’s that crown.
Bono: Oh, the other crown. Yeah.
:applaud::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom