PLEBA girls party-we smell good and so does Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

It's too much work to start my own country and political system. It would just be based on democracy anyway. Maybe if I hired Bono as my lobbyist/ambassador/special political consultant ... :hmm

Like what was it Peterland...on Family Guy? :lol:

VintagePunk said:

:lol Must have been painful for you. :wink

:lol: Am I that transparent? How could you tell? :wink:

My brother is SUCH a dumbass. But a dumbass with a good heart, that I love dearly, y'know?? Frustrating. He's a lot older than me...was a young teen during the hippie days...peace and flowers. Then he evolved into a biker...now, he's like a redneck.

Although in recent months, I've been deluging him with Bono info, and peace and love messages...help thy fellow man, equality for all, and all that...and I think he may be coming around. :hyper :hyper :lol

A hippie biker redneck...that's special :love:

:lol:

A new recruit? How exciitng! :hyper:

Ack!
Gotta go girls.
Sweet (or naughyt) dreams.
Luv yall:hug::heart:
:clonelove: VP

jobob said:

VP: Sounds like my brother, the Bush/Republican loving dumbass.
:wink:

I gave my brother HTDAAB last Christmas. Figured, hey, he sorta went through a religious-conversion thing the other year; he may dig its Christian lyrics. Although now I realize I may have been Bono-indoctonratring him. :cool:

Oh. My. God. Do we have the same brother???? :yikes: Mine became born-again about 10 years ago...and although he's eased up on it, he still uses it when it's convenient for him.

He has said that he'd really like to discuss religion with B.

U2Color4Portrait92.jpg

Enough politics! Let's all do the monkey dance! :giggle:

Drea said:

I think it is, given that the U2 marathon that that radio station did got their playlist from iTunes.. and they played it tonight :) (Yes, very Sinatra :))

Oh, Drea, I do hope you are right. Now that I finally have a decent, iTune-downloading-worthy Internet connection, my next step in my U2 plan is to find the chunk of cash to finally buy a U2 iPod (now with color screen!) and The Complete U2 set ...

Sad_Girl said:

They make such a cute couple! :love: :giggle:

VP Bono is totally right on that. There are some high up military men that have said that if we help end the poverty we will prevent terrorist from rising up out of those countries who will come after us because we are a super power. By helping other countries we are also helping our own citizens. And damn it! Its just the right fucking thing to do!!! Bush do you hear me you fucking lying bastard!!! Give them the fucking money already!!!!!! I swear! Its what we need to do!! :rant:

Russty Cat said:

They make such a cute couple! :love: :giggle:

VP Bono is totally right on that. There are some high up military men that have said that if we help end the poverty we will prevent terrorist from rising up out of those countries who will come after us because we are a super power. By helping other countries we are also helping our own citizens. And damn it! Its just the right fucking thing to do!!! Bush do you hear me you fucking lying bastard!!! Give them the fucking money already!!!!!! I swear! Its what we need to do!! :rant:

I really, really respect Colin Powell. He was the voice of reason in a sea of insanity, plus he had the military knowledge to back up his words. I'm so sorry he left and went into the public sector. :sigh:

VintagePunk said:

Oh. My. God. Do we have the same brother???? :yikes: Mine became born-again about 10 years ago...and although he's eased up on it, he still uses it when it's convenient for him.

He has said that he'd really like to discuss religion with B.

:lol: VP, mine's Catholic. And yes, I think mine is also the "uses religion when it's convenient for him or when he's scared shitless" type. He found God and the Church again a few yeas ago after he thought he'd had a heart attack.

I have no idea whether or not my brother would discuss anything with B. However, I think my sil and B would have a fun time discussing religion. She was Baptist, and is converting to Catholicism.

Y'know, the more I look at SG's sig, the more I want to say that it's from the interview they did at MuchMusic in 2001... but that's probably just wishful thinking, considering the date *G*

jobob said:

:lol: VP, mine's Catholic. And yes, I think mine is also the "uses religion when it's convenient for him or when he's scared shitless" type. He found God and the Church again a few yeas ago after he thought he'd had a heart attack.

I have no idea whether or not my brother would discuss anything with B. However, I think my sil and B would have a fun time discussing religion. She was Baptist, and is converting to Catholicism.

Mine is a great person, in so many ways. For example, he's been through difficult times financially for the past several years (his workplace closed down, and he was out of work till he opened his own business about a month or so ago), but he would take in any friend/relative that had no place to go, just because he felt it was the right thing to do.

And yet, after his "conversion," I would see him get angry at his teens, and yell at them, liberally sprinkling in the F word, as he saw fit.

Plus, he can be a liar and a scammer at times. Definitely the black sheep. My sister and I laugh, wondering how he can even be related to us. We're quite normal. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I really, really respect Colin Powell. He was the voice of reason in a sea of insanity, plus he had the military knowledge to back up his words. I'm so sorry he left and went into the public sector. :sigh:

Me too, VP. He gave me hope. Hope that things would change. *sigh*

Mr. Cats good friend is heading over to the war soon for a year. :( He is a man that I really admire and love. If he doesn't come home, I'll be heartbroken. He has kids and a wife too who will be lost without him. It just sucks for everyone.

Russty Cat said:
U21405.jpg

"Why Adam, your bass is so big!" :giggle:

Why, Bono, the better to .... :shrug:

Aw, heck, I can't finish that after all. I got nothin'. I used up my good retorts to Bono for this evening in my own work. Darnit.

Russty Cat said:

Me too, VP. He gave me hope. Hope that things would change. *sigh*

Mr. Cats good friend is heading over to the war soon for a year. :( He is a man that I really admire and love. If he doesn't come home, I'll be heartbroken. He has kids and a wife too who will be lost without him. It just sucks for everyone.

:hug: I'll be thinking of your friend, and hope for his safe return.

If it's any consolation, if I were living down there, I'd have been out campaigning my ass off for Kerry.

VintagePunk said:

:hug: I'll be thinking of your friend, and hope for his safe return.

If it's any consolation, if I were living down there, I'd have been out campaigning my ass off for Kerry.

I voted for Kerry. Like it did any good.

I knew I should have stayed on the MOVE ON mailing list ....
but I only signed up for it so I'd have a chance at Springsteen tickets for the Vote for Change tour. Did I get any? No. :shh:

jobob said:

I voted for Kerry. Like it did any good.

I knew I should have stayed on the MOVE ON mailing list ....
but I only signed up for it so I'd have a chance at Springsteen tickets for the Vote for Change tour. Did I get any? No. :shh:

:lmao: :lmao:

At least your heart was in the right :shifty: place. :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

:no: We would never do that. We're a varied and extremely well rounded group :hug:

That's one of the things I love about all of you...about us. The respect we show each other, and the tolerance. If only the world were that way. Loving, tolerant, and horny for U2. :lmao: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: :lmao:

At least your heart was in the right :shifty: place. :lmao:

Which place was that, VP? Politics, or Bruce? :rolleyes:

You all may have already suspected which one of those two choices I prefer ...

BRUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

I now return you to our regularly scheduled U2 stuff.

Back
Top Bottom