Pleba Girls Party - This threads a'rockin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

:yes: I'm really not good at describing voices, but I'll give it a shot. It seems that in the JT era, there was a powerful clarity that's not as apparent now, but now, he has a richer tonal quality that he didn't have before.

:huh:

Told ya I'm no good at describing. :wink:

I think as he has gotten older he has learned to use parts of his voice that he didn't know he had before ie. singing falsetto. Bono has an amazing range for a man and I'm sure as time went on with some instruction he learned how to control it better.

Sadly some of the lack of clarity now is probably due to damage to his throat and cords from smoking and not taking care of his equipment properly.

Russty Cat said:
GG I've been noticing alot lately as well how much Bonos voice has changed. Its interesting how its matured in a way as well as him.

He says that its because of his dad, but I'm pretty sure that the quiting smoking and drinking so much has a lot to do with it.

Russty Cat said:

I think as he has gotten older he has learned to use parts of his voice that he didn't know he had before ie. singing falsetto. Bono has an amazing range for a man and I'm sure as time went on with some instruction he learned how to control it better.

Sadly some of the lack of clarity now is probably due to damage to his throat and cords from smoking and not taking care of his equipment properly.

His range is amazing, he can singer higher than me :huh:

I don't know if it's just me but it seems that he enunciates his words more now than he did back in their earlier albums.

Russty Cat said:

I'd like to take care of his equipment :drool:

greeneyedgirl said:

No.....he just heard me laughing so loud and came to see what was up, he doesn't understand that there are other people who get as excited as me about U2, silly man......

I know...with all you girls, I feel like Bono in Slane, describing the Irish: "Cause these people...this is our (my) tribe!!"

Bet my e-mail set him straight. :D

greeneyedgirl said:

No.....he just heard me laughing so loud and came to see what was up, he doesn't understand that there are other people who get as excited as me about U2, silly man......

Silly, silly, silly man! Mr. Cat lost the delusion years ago. He knows that there are tons of other nuts out there like me. He just likes to pretend there isn't. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

He was still smoking in...ummmm...February, I think it was, when he attended the Cannes Festival. He's probably cut down though, if not quit, while recording/touring.

VintagePunk said:

I know...with all you girls, I feel like Bono in Slane, describing the Irish: "Cause these people...this is our (my) tribe!!"

Bet my e-mail set him straight. :D

I suddenly got a picture of us dancing around a fire doing some weird rain dance or something :lol:

VintagePunk said:

He was still smoking in...ummmm...February, I think it was, when he attended the Cannes Festival. He's probably cut down though, if not quit, while recording/touring.

Was he really smoking, or just had it in his mouth?
I heard some talk about that poss a while back. Security blanket.....

I swear I want to bash his head in for smoking! Its just so damn bad for you! Mr. Cat is a smoker. He has smoked for half his life! He is trying to quit, but its hard. I wish Bono would do it not for his music, but for his kids who need their father around for them to grow up with.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

But without that whole "Wicker Man" experience.....and more "saner" too.

I don't know abuot the "saner" part though...I mean if we're doing a chant on U2, things would probably get a little crazy

greeneyedgirl said:

Was he really smoking, or just had it in his mouth?
I heard some talk about that poss a while back. Security blanket.....

I seem to recall a pic of him exhaling smoke, but who knows? Maybe it's just a prop, nowadays. Hopefully that's the case.

My dad has smoked since he was 11. Tried to quit the day I got married, my father-in-law quit drinking the day we got married. But its been so hard for dad, I catch him all the time and just give him the look of "don't even play me like that". He wants to, its just hard.

GG I know it is really hard. I use to smoke for many years. And drinking and smoking go hand in hand. *sigh* But I knew that I would die young if I didn't quit. Mr. Cat is trying really hard, so I try to just be supportive and not harp on him about it.

You guys crack me up! :giggle:

Well ladies, its hot as Hades here and I'm about ready to pass out. Its time for me to call it a night. See ya all tomorrow.

:hug: :heart: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom