Pleba Girls Party - The Aunties of Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest photo of Bonnie :cute::heart:

2008_0619bonnie0002.jpg

2008_0619bonnie0003.jpg

2008_0619bonnie0040.jpg

2008_0619bonnie0061.jpg

2008_0619bonnie0069.jpg

2008_0619bonnie0071.jpg

:cute:!

Just talked to Mom :) Her oncologist appointment was today, all the pathology was clear (which we knew from the other doctor's appt). She's classified as "stage 2" - the tumour was 2.5", which is the end of stage 1 and the beginning of stage 2 so she was automatically put there.. they stressed it was found early and that everything's good :) She'll be getting chemo starting mid-end of July (because they don't like to start the treatment until 6-7 weeks after the surgery, as you're not fully healed till then). It'll be a dose, then 3 weeks, then another dose, another 3 weeks, a third dose, then they go back to the oncologist in London (they're doing the chemo in Chatham both because the nurses there have been trained by the person Mom saw today, and less wait time), he sees how things are going and then she gets another 3 doses with the same amount of spacing. After the last dose they see the oncologist again and start discussing the hormone therapy she'll be getting after the chemo's done (about 4.5 months).

The chemo is more of a preventative measure than anything, as the first 1-3 years after is the most likely time of the cancer returning - there's still all the expected side effects of the chemo, but there's a drug that'll be given at the same time to reduce them as much as possible, and to fight any infections that might occur while she's on it.

So the first round of cancer vs Mom can be summed up in four words:

Mom 1, Cancer 0 :D

She still has the chemo and the bone scan and liver ultrasound to go (she's waiting for the clinic in Chatham to call, as the oncologist stuff got faxed to them today at the appointment) - there's not overly much they can do reduce the 'standard' chemo effects (nausea, hair loss, etc), but the drug they'll be giving her with it should help at least a little :)

She still has the chemo and the bone scan and liver ultrasound to go (she's waiting for the clinic in Chatham to call, as the oncologist stuff got faxed to them today at the appointment) - there's not overly much they can do reduce the 'standard' chemo effects (nausea, hair loss, etc), but the drug they'll be giving her with it should help at least a little :)

Keeping her in my thoughts. :heart:

Here are some pics I just posted in the kitty thread:

Stripey tabby chillin'
DSC02243.jpg

Zoey
DSC02246.jpg

Skinny tux and Zoey, snuggling
DSC02250.jpg

Zoey licking Jack while he's sleeping
DSC02251.jpg

Stripey tabby, Not Stripey Tabby, Zoey sleeping
DSC02254.jpg

Jack
DSC02255.jpg

Abby
DSC02257.jpg

Skinny tux (w/ Jack, Zoey, Stripey Tabby)
DSC02259.jpg

Jack, Zoey, Skinny Tux, with a little of Stripey Tabby in the bottom corner
DSC02260.jpg

Skinny Tux, Abby, Jack, Zoey, Stripey Tabby
DSC02265.jpg

Not Stripey Tabby, totally not cooperating with all this picture taking business
DSC02274.jpg

Bri i just noticed on that link theres a free trial. Would you be able to access any of the article with the trial. :shifty:

ETA i tried to free preview pages on the right hand side and apparently my country doesn't have premission to access those pages. :angry: Might be worth seeing if they work for you. :kiss:

:hmm: that prolly means you need to be american... :whistle: good thing I can fool those sites into pretending I"m located in america..\

:shifty: i'll see what I can do, but it'll be tomorrow probably since I won't be at my home pc till then!

:love: OMG VP! I didn't realise they've grown so big already! they're HUGE! :giggle:

:cute: I still want those tabbies, they look adorable! :lmao: especially the one asleep on the tux's back in one of the pics!

:hmm: so how many are you keeping? them alL? :shifty: I know I would!

Thanks Weldy, GG! :hug: I love them to pieces! :love: They're so adorable, and so much fun. :)

GG, the plan was to keep 3 (plus the mother)...but honestly? I haven't really tried too hard to find them homes. :shh: :wink:

Oh, you mean the tabby with brown fur? I found out at the vet's last month that she's actually a torbie, a combination of a tortoiseshell and a tabby...she has the most gorgeous coat! :drool:

Wow, that's an incredibly rude and bitchy thing to say after someone's just posted pictures of beloved pets for her friends to see!

Don't like 'em? Would have been much nicer to say nothing, then.

you edited my quote, taking it out of context and making it seem to say something that it most certainly did NOT say. Play by the rules, VP, you've been here long enough to know better than to edit a quote to suit your purposes. :|

edited to add: but thanks for calling me bitchy, that makes my day! :yes:

you edited my quote, taking it out of context and making it seem to say something that it most certainly did NOT say. Play by the rules, VP, you've been here long enough to know better than to edit a quote to suit your purposes. :|

edited to add: but thanks for calling me bitchy, that makes my day! :yes:

Good lord, I didn't edit your quote, I took a snippet of it. And, the entire thing is right there above my post to see, so I was hardly trying to fool anyone. Geez. Regardless, even including the whole part, it's still incredibly rude.

How would you feel if I found posts with pics of your kids and said "kids = meh, cute enough"? But gee, I wouldn't because...that's rude!

I seriously don't know what your deal is, or what your problem is with me, but I don't really care, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom