Pleba Girls/Guys Party - GIFfing it large

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I may have over-estimated my tolerance for scary movies :lol:

I've just watched four scary movies two last night and two tonight - and I put the fifth one on just now and started watching it, and I was like dude:no: ! :yikes: :yikes:

:lmao: I haven't done that in awhile :reject:

Let's see - I watched 'The Visitation' and 'The Fog' last night (and part of 'Ninth Gate' - Johnyy is so hot in that one! :drool: ) and tonight I've watched 'Alone in the dark' and 'The Grudge'. I just started 'The Boogeyman'

:lmao: which is why it's so sad that it scared me :reject:

I actually don't watch that many scary movies. Unless you count "Scary Movie" which I've watched a few times. :lol:
Of all those, I only recognize the Grudge...

I still remember, the ads for "Saw" were enough to tell me I never *ever* wanted to see the movie. :yuck:
Altho, does it count as simply "gore" or "scary"?

I liked the concept of Saw really well - but the film itself was really poorly done :down: I was disapointed in it and never watched the second one

Saw had a lot of both Psycological terror and gore Bri - but just from the ads I would have only guessed about the gore

I never saw 'The Ring 2' either :hmm: I'll have to rent that one next.

'The Ring' was extremely scary, and very interesting :up:

That was by far one of the freakiest damned shows :lol:
it ranks up there with 'Se7en' and 'Silence of the Lambs'

Hard to believe I suffered from nightmares so bad when I was young that I could NOT sleep alone, isn't it? I couldn't sleep alone until I was like sixteen years old

An active imagination can be a curse, sometimes too :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

omg that was played at a birthday party i went to in 5th grade...so i ended up leaving before they watched it :reject:

i do not by any means like scary movies...:no: :yikes:

For me, active imagination + memories just never go away :angry:
= scary/gore is a no no

I saw a clip from Final Destination (methinks?) once where this guy gets sliced and diced by a laser...visually, it didn't bother me. What bothered me was when my brain (rebellisiously) decided to analyze various details....:|

And I *still* remember some scene I caught on tv when I was really little...severed hands walking around and pulling out tongues (from thier own bodies)? I have no idea wth was going on but I had nightmares....

I think scary movies defineatly have an a whole other side that's interesting, purely in a sense of what we fear, etc etc.:yes:

I just can't watch them. :yikes:

Give me a comedy any day :love:

I know exactly what you mean, both of you, Sarah and bri :lol: believe me!

I don't know what changed in me in the past few years, but I started watching scary movies and reading horror novels and I'm addicted now. I was HORRIFIED of anything remotely scary when I was younger (right up into my early 20's)

That doesn't sound like Final Destination Bri :hmm: I'm trying to remember both of them, but I'm quite sure it wasn't in the first one . I loved that film :up: (Brendan Fehr was in it for a short while :love: )

Ooh, are you maybe thinking of Ghost Ship? there was a really freaky scene it that...

ok, nevermind, I'll stop :reject: Sorry :lol:

Maybe you should write a cap to cleanse your thoughts :flirt:

I'm trying to remember the movie. :hmm:
I think there was a group of people trapped in the basement of a lab or something? And it (the lab) trapped them down there...and in this particular scene a couple of them got locked in a room with lasers, and well...they all tried to avoid the lasers...unsuccessfully. :|

You know a great scary movie? Bats. Now there's a 'scary' movie I can watch. :lol:
And I soooo predicted the ending. :wink:

I would write a cap, but I fear it would inevitably end upwith B being sliced and diced :sad:
And then I would seriously be traumatized for life.

:lol:

And Poor Sarah is reading all this.
I'm sorry Sarah!:hug:

Last edited:
:yuck: SG, did you HAVE to mention Ghost Ship? Because I read the user reviews of it on imdb.com I'll never be able to watch it, despite how sexy Karl Urban looks in the stills... *SHUDDER* *SHUDDER*

Please, someone write a cap!!

Sad_Girl said:
I liked the concept of Saw really well - but the film itself was really poorly done :down: I was disapointed in it and never watched the second one

Saw had a lot of both Psycological terror and gore Bri - but just from the ads I would have only guessed about the gore

I never saw 'The Ring 2' either :hmm: I'll have to rent that one next.

That was by far one of the freakiest damned shows :lol:
it ranks up there with 'Se7en' and 'Silence of the Lambs'

Hard to believe I suffered from nightmares so bad when I was young that I could NOT sleep alone, isn't it? I couldn't sleep alone until I was like sixteen years old

An active imagination can be a curse, sometimes too :lol:

Never seen Saw or Silences of the Lamb.

The Ring is a really dumb movie :no: but Se7en is really good :drool:.

I like to have something that makes me really think it over and freak about and you seem to like to be spoon fed the gore, the motives, the methods... Which is no biggie, there is a whole genre of slasher films just for people who like that stuff

It's like the difference between liking R&B and not liking Country ... different strokes

Sad_Girl said:
I like to have something that makes me really think it over and freak about and you seem to like to be spoon fed the gore, the motives, the methods... Which is no biggie, there is a whole genre of slasher films just for people who like that stuff

It's like the difference between liking R&B and not liking Country ... different strokes

Not really...at least...there is this one film that I love that makes me think...it's called I Spit on Your Grave. It's not really a horror movie but more of a psych thriller.

But I do understand your point about me being spoon fed the gore....and it is somewhat true :yes: :reject:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom