Pink Floyd Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
The Wall. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I kind of expected some of your low ratings. Nobody Home, Goodbye Cruel World, The Trial, etc. are not typically songs that grip people initally. It took me years and years to warm up to them. You'll be gripped by them eventually, though. Especially Nobody Home. "I got thirteen channels of shit on the TV to choose from" is the line that everyone loved to sing when that song was performed live. Maybe you'll prefer the RW Live at Berlin version a bit more? Snowy White does some nice soloing at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHOhaDApEI

(WARNING! DO NOT BUY THIS DVD! Okay, I'm pretty much an admitted Roger Waters freak, and even I think it's a shit DVD overall. The bits where Roger sang on his own and kind of acted out some of the movie scenes - like Nobody Home - are okay. But I'm sorry, YOU DO NOT ALLOW BRYAN ADAMS TO SING ON A PINK FLOYD SONG, YOU JUST DO NOT! I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS FOR CHARITY!)

Now that that I've gotten that off my chest...

Run Like Hell! :drool: (aka RUN LIKE FUCK! at some 1980/81 Floyd shows!) You haven't heard Run Like Hell until you've heard it performed live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYd6mCAcQw8

Note: The video and the audio are from two separate shows, which is why the beginning looks a bit weird. It's amazing how Roger's "do you still like our pig?" from the original audio and "pathetic" from the overdubbed audio match up. :lol:

Yeah I'd heard about the charity performance's suckiness. Bit of a shame. But I do like Bryan Adams. :(

Which song shall you be supporting??

An I don't understand why people hate Vera. The vocals are soo good.

Also is there a DVD out of one of The Wall shows?

Yeah, is there a Wall live dvd?

All I can say is that side 4 live was freaking awesome. The goose-stepping hammers during the Worms will stick with me till I die. It was probably the most disturbing concert I ever saw, that wall stretched from one side of the sports arena to the other, completely closing it off. And when the 'tear down the wall' cries began, I wondered where the hell that giant wall was gonna go. And I've mentioned this before, it came down on a lot of people near the front, including my mind altered friend. He was worried about that for a good portion of the show. :lol:

And I've gotta get one of those hammer shirts Gilmour is wearing :drool:

While its off the Wall Live DVD Topic....did anyone download the DVD of Roger Waters from River Plate Stadium from Dime this year?.....was kinda hoping for a b&p request...or just for me to cover the postage costs.

I know I've asked you this before GibsonGirl...but has there been anymore updates about an official release from Rogers DSOTM Tour?.....

hardyharhar said:
Yeah, is there a Wall live dvd?

All I can say is that side 4 live was freaking awesome. The goose-stepping hammers during the Worms will stick with me till I die. It was probably the most disturbing concert I ever saw, that wall stretched from one side of the sports arena to the other, completely closing it off. And when the 'tear down the wall' cries began, I wondered where the hell that giant wall was gonna go. And I've mentioned this before, it came down on a lot of people near the front, including my mind altered friend. He was worried about that for a good portion of the show. :lol:

And I've gotta get one of those hammer shirts Gilmour is wearing :drool:

YOU WERE THERE?!?!?!?! :crazy:

hardyharhar said:
And I've mentioned this before, it came down on a lot of people near the front, including my mind altered friend. He was worried about that for a good portion of the show. :lol:

That would be terrifying :yikes:

COBL_04 said:

That was pretty much my reaction when I first found out. :wink: I'm still very jealous, hardyharhar! What I wouldn't give to travel back in time and witness the most spectacular tour in musical history.

I know I've asked you this before GibsonGirl...but has there been anymore updates about an official release from Rogers DSOTM Tour?.....

Nope, nothing yet. I have a friend from another forum who is buddies with Ian Ritchie, and she said: "I talked to Ian and he said he hadn't heard anything about a DVD as of Oct. 12th or so. He's beginning to wonder himself. Dave and Snowy would know more as they've seen Roger more recently, but who knows if they asked. My guess is that it's not a priority." I'm sure a DVD will be released eventually, though. Three shows were filmed. It has been said that they were for Roger's personal archive, but I personally don't believe that. At the second or third show that was filmed (I forget which now) Graham Broad's new drum kit was covered with black material so that it matched the old drum kit from the first show that was filmed. This seems to imply that the footage may be spliced together in certain sections (and they wouldn't want the drum kit to look different, which is why the "disguise" was put on it). If those filmed shows were just for Roger's archives, they wouldn't have bothered to cover up the new drum kit, because I honestly don't believe Roger would have given a stuff if Graham's kit looked different. However, if the footage was being released to the public, that would need to be taken into consideration.

So yeah, I have a feeling that we might see a release next year sometime. Nothing before Christmas.

COBL_04 said:

Yeah I'd heard about the charity performance's suckiness. Bit of a shame. But I do like Bryan Adams. :(

Which song shall you be supporting??

An I don't understand why people hate Vera. The vocals are soo good.

Also is there a DVD out of one of The Wall shows?

I think I'll either be supporting Hey You or In The Flesh.

I'm glad to see you like Vera! Most people cannot stand that song, and it's a shame. The singing is wonderful. I'll never forget standing right in front of Roger at the Ottawa show, looking up at him and hearing the entire arena behind us singing "does anybody else in here feel the way I do?" The look in his eyes...oh man. :sad:

There isn't an official DVD out, but there is a proshot bootlegged DVD in circulation. It's good, but the video quality isn't fantastic, as you can see in the YouTube video. Sound quality is shit, which is why some people have overdubbed it with the official live recording.

COBL_04 said:

I was there :drool:

And as GibsonGirl informed me earlier this year, I wish I knew In The Flesh lyrics were inspired by the WYWH shows in LA that our wonderful LAPD ruined for everyone. I would have loved to watch Roger's face as he sang the lyrics during ITF, knowing the irony of playing the song in the same arena a few years later. Maybe a little more emphasis on that section of lyrics? A smirk or smile? "If I had my way, I'd have all of you SHOT!" I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it :)

The only consolation was that the chief of police, Ed Davis, took massive heat for the WYWH stunt and was out within a year or two. :yes:

And maybe GG can answer this for me. It seems everytime I saw the Floyd, they had something crash into the stage at some point. A plane or something like it. I seem to recall the same at the start of the Wall. A hospital bed possibly? Am I mistaken? It has been a long time. :hmm:

hardyharhar said:

I was there :drool:

And as GibsonGirl informed me earlier this year, I wish I knew In The Flesh lyrics were inspired by the WYWH shows in LA that our wonderful LAPD ruined for everyone. I would have loved to watch Roger's face as he sang the lyrics during ITF, knowing the irony of playing the song in the same arena a few years later. Maybe a little more emphasis on that section of lyrics? A smirk or smile? "If I had my way, I'd have all of you SHOT!" I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it :)

The only consolation was that the chief of police, Ed Davis, took massive heat for the WYWH stunt and was out within a year or two. :yes:

And maybe GG can answer this for me. It seems everytime I saw the Floyd, they had something crash into the stage at some point. A plane or something like it. I seem to recall the same at the start of the Wall. A hospital bed possibly? Am I mistaken? It has been a long time. :hmm:

It was actually the Animals tour (aka the In The Flesh tour), not the WYWH tour, that inspired the name of the song. But yeah, it would have been awesome to see his reaction during that song in particular, playing at that same venue. I'm glad the chief of police was outed after the way everyone attending that ITF show was treated. :up:

They flew a big model plane into the wall after the fake "surrogate band" finished up In The Flesh? You can see it at the end of the video here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SxBcdyTsAe0

I think a hospital bed was used in one of the tours post-1983. Maybe the tour for A Momentary Lapse of Reason? I know absolutely nothing about that era of Pink Floyd though, so don't trust me on that. :wink:

Originally posted by GibsonGirl
That was pretty much my reaction when I first found out. :wink: I'm still very jealous, hardyharhar! What I wouldn't give to travel back in time and witness the most spectacular tour in musical history.

Tell me about it!! I mean there were what, four Wall shows? 50,000 at each? That means there’s only 200,000 people WORLDWIDE who saw The Wall performed live and in its entirety. It’s not just “yeah I saw Pink Floyd” it’s “I saw The Wall”. It’s an amazing thing.

Originally posted by Gibson Girl
I think I'll either be supporting Hey You or In The Flesh.

I'm glad to see you like Vera! Most people cannot stand that song, and it's a shame. The singing is wonderful. I'll never forget standing right in front of Roger at the Ottawa show, looking up at him and hearing the entire arena behind us singing "does anybody else in here feel the way I do?" The look in his eyes...oh man.

There isn't an official DVD out, but there is a proshot bootlegged DVD in circulation. It's good, but the video quality isn't fantastic, as you can see in the YouTube video. Sound quality is shit, which is why some people have overdubbed it with the official live recording.

:yes: I’d like to see the winner come from Comfortably Numb, Hey You or In the Flesh.

I love Vera… the vocals and the music are perfect. As I said before, I am soo cut that I got into Floyd after Waters toured. That would have been amazing. :love:

And perhaps the crashing was for On the Run? :reject:

:madwife:

Well Potentially I could have gone to see him Twice....like on consecutive nights....But I had a killers concert on the thursday night...

Man that was an amazing week for me.

Sunday: Big Day Out (Muse, Killers, Loads other bands)
Tuesday : Muse
Wednesday : Muse (and waiting an hour after the show hoping to meet the guys....they just drove off...still the security actually made it entertaining)
Thursday: The Killers
Friday : Roger Waters

....I wish I could do it all again....

COBL_04 said:
Tell me about it!! I mean there were what, four Wall shows? 50,000 at each? That means there’s only 200,000 people WORLDWIDE who saw The Wall performed live and in its entirety. It’s not just “yeah I saw Pink Floyd” it’s “I saw The Wall”. It’s an amazing thing.

There were more than 4 wall shows....

Still would have been bloody awesome to be at one them!

Yep. I don't really know a hell of a lot of stuff from the early era So I dont think I should take part in the early stuff (I really need to go listen to it)....basically DSOTM, The Wall, The Final Cut, Wish You Were Here, and Animals...stuff from that era.

Animals would be my favorite album right now.

emicd11228-large.jpg

:drool:

Zootlesque said:
It looks awesome but is it just a box set of all the albums??

It appears so.

Probably a ripoff for those who already have every album on CD, but for those with some holes in their collection, it would be a timesaver.

I read somewhere that every album will be release separately in their mini-vinyl incarnations February 4, 2008.

Back
Top Bottom