Pics of the ipod launch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
51574809.jpg

So, I guess a new thread WAS started. I put this in another thread, but I'll add it here.

Didn't want to start a new thread to mention it but I went today and saw Edge and Bono as well as Eve (she's so beautiful!), Morleigh (goregous) and Edge's youngins who are absolutely... the cutest things since sliced bread.

Our crowd wasn't THAT big but it was FREEZING (at least I was) and most of us had been waiting there for hours. By the time Edge and Bono came out we were all really happy to have some action and the police enforced "single file line" we were forced to get into diluted fast and everyone SWARMED Bono. I tried to clammer my way through everyone (some people were not very nice at all ) but didn't get an autograph because it seemed like he got pretty overwhelmed and went to the car after signing for about 10 minutes. I didn't get to talk to him or anything but I did get to stand two feet from him, which is worth the two hours of traffic I was stuck in. I barely glimpsed Edge before he ducked away, I think he only signed a couple of autographs but he looked great. My GOD his eyes are so pretty!

Bono's shorter than I thought and more gorgeous than I realized. His face looked really soft -- I don't know how to describe it. He just looked so handsome. (I'm using the word handsome.) I saw the freckles up close which made me forget how cold I was.

Anyway, I took some great pics of him that I'll need to develop and scan, but I just wanted to tell everyone how it went. :wave:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:

Then I told him I wanted to apologize for the way I acted when this dance occured....I told him I was a bit "grabby". He replied, "it's alright to be grabby" :love: I melted right there.

I think I would too :love:

...that's a good thing to know if I ever meet Bono :D

QueenBee - these pics are GORGEOUS! Bono and Edge both look amazing... I swear I'm becoming more and more of an Edge girl... but Bono will always be my man and what a man he is. :heart: He's just so beautiful :drool:

*too lazy to quote post*
:hug: u2bonogirl :hug:
I understand how ya feel...it must be hard being so close to Bono yet so far away. I felt kinda the same way when he came to Indy during the Heart of America tour - if I had gotten there earlier I would have been able to get a front row seat and if I had stayed or gotten there REALLY early I probably would have gotten to meet him... but hell I'm grateful to my dad that he got me the tickets to go see him at all. bonogirl, our day will come... someday I am sure we will meet Bono. Probably not at the exact same time but I guess ya never know :p

I soooo want the U2 iPod. iPods are hot, U2 is double-hot, so U2 iPods are like, hot cubed. How the hell I'm going to get the money with no job though... I've started saving, but the money is also for the album itself, tickets, ect...and so far I only have $40 :p I think I'm going to have to sell all my anime and manga... if I successfully sell it I could bring in over $100 easily (I'd charge cheap) but y'know selling it is the hard part, I might see if my parents will let me use eBay. if anyone is interested in buying any anime or manga btw email me woolymammals@gmail.com ;)

:D i love bono's freckles!

Im getting a concert ticket this tour!
:grumpy:
even if i have to steal the money to get it
i can just get a GA and sit outside all day to get a good spot.
i can run real fast if i want to:wink:

i hope these u2pods arent a short offer deal and then just go away.
if they arent then i wont freak out and just plan on getting one later
if they are then.....
:(
i dont really know

I think it's funny how people justified the iPod ad as an advert for U2's music, not Apple and now everyone wants a $350 piece of Apple electronics.

People, you can get an mp3 disc player for $40 or less. Then you rip all of U2's songs w/ freeware at better quality than what's on this new iPod (or you've downloaded them all already), and then you can paint your mp3 player black and red or put a U2 sticker on it or something (or have Kristie graffiti it w/ ATYCLB symbols like she did for me). Same diff, $450 less :shrug:

Great story Alli! Nice looking at your pics today too :)
KeoCmb sorry you didnt get closer, it was nice meeting you too :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I think it's funny how people justified the iPod ad as an advert for U2's music, not Apple and now everyone wants a $350 piece of Apple electronics.

People, you can get an mp3 disc player for $40 or less. Then you rip all of U2's songs w/ freeware at better quality than what's on this new iPod (or you've downloaded them all already), and then you can paint your mp3 player black and red or put a U2 sticker on it or something (or have Kristie graffiti it w/ ATYCLB symbols like she did for me). Same diff, $450 less :shrug:

I agree.

U2 isn't going to make me go out and buy an iPod. I'm not one of those people who have to go out and buy everything that U2 puts out or that has U2 in it, anyway. I won't be buying an iPod because of U2. If I ever did it's because my husband has wanted one for a long time, and I will one of these years when I feel it's a high enough priority.

It is definitely a commercial for iPods, NOT for Vertigo, even though Vertigo is reaching more people that way. But, there are some people, like one I know, who will actually avoid watching a U2 iPod commercial because he can't stand it.

Anyway, it's ridiculous to run out and buy one just because it has U2 mp3's in it, and Bono held it up for the camera. That's just blatant advertising.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got nothing against people buying them or wanting them, but the fact remains: the Vertigo commercial was to sell iPods and looks like it's working!

What a great day in San Jose today!!Got to meet Edge at the CA theatre and afterwards some of us headed over to their hotel and got pics with Bono!!!
Nice meeting some of you out there and look forward to seeing all the pics!

-Christine

:combust: :combust:

Dallas was there, too! And he was so nice! We all asked him if Bono and Edge were going to come out and he said yes then gave a pic to some guy. I didn't get any pics of him, though. I'm sure someone did. I think Alli did!

Back
Top Bottom