Photographers' Union Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many photogs started showing up weeks ago, when the eruption started (on a much smaller scale). The canceled flights seem to be mainly flights heading to mainland Europe, because the volcano is something like 75 miles east of the airport (and the wind is blowing that way). Flights to/from NA/Iceland don't really seem to be affected. Apparently Iceland was getting a tourist influx for this (before the cancellations).

It sure sounds like a sight to see!

There are some beautiful photos of the volcano out there. Boston Big Picture is always great.

I've vowed to get back to the Big Island of Hawaii and get a boat tour to see the lava flowing into the ocean. Last time I was there, all the viewing areas on land were closed due to sulphuric acid gas clouds.

Any tips on getting good pictures from a bouncing boat?

I've vowed to get back to the Big Island of Hawaii and get a boat tour to see the lava flowing into the ocean. Last time I was there, all the viewing areas on land were closed due to sulphuric acid gas clouds.

Any tips on getting good pictures from a bouncing boat?

We walked out across the lava fields starting at dusk to see the lava entering the water on the Big Island. Its still one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.

I would love to see it from the water.

Yet more waterfalls-

FALLS4172.jpg

BIGFALL4171-1.jpg

Haven't visited this thread in a while. :) Went to Muir Woods last week after a few days of rain. It felt good to get out and do some photography again - it's been a while!

Layers
IMG_0386.jpg

Creekside
IMG_0389.jpg

Redwood Creek
IMG_0392.jpg

Cathedral Grove
IMG_0394.jpg

Golden Bridge
IMG_0398.jpg

Flow
IMG_0419.jpg

Those shots are beautiful. It's beautiful country up there, haven't been there in YEARS. Thanks for posting these. The photos are so clear you can almost shut your eyes and hear and smell the woods! Nice to capture those feelings in just a photograph. :up:

Nice forest shots above.

One from Roosevelt Island, looking to DC. It's hard to find interesting shorelines and river banks around DC unfortunately.

7841_BLENDWEB-1.jpg

I've started to dabble in concert photography (actually, it's mostly what I end up doing) and love it. Such a challenge, but so rewarding too. Anybody else do this sort of thing?

Here's some shots from The Flaming Lips on Wednesday; I was lucky enough to have a photo pass:

P4210479.jpg

P4210477.jpg

P4210486.jpg

P4210510.jpg

P4210576.jpg

P4210579.jpg

P4210590.jpg

P4210591.jpg

P4210602.jpg

P4210637red.jpg

Last edited:
I've started to dabble in concert photography (actually, it's mostly what I end up doing) and love it. Such a challenge, but so rewarding too. Anybody else do this sort of thing?

Here's some shots from The Flaming Lips on Wednesday; I was lucky enough to have a photo pass:

P4210479.jpg

P4210477.jpg

P4210486.jpg

P4210510.jpg

P4210576.jpg

P4210579.jpg

P4210590.jpg

P4210591.jpg

P4210602.jpg

P4210637red.jpg

Wow! Those are really cool! Liking those shots a lot!:wave:

^Those turned out well.

I've done a fair amount and posted in other threads and earlier in here (for a couple of U2 shows, other bands, etc). I've never had a photo pass, and it can be a hassle trying to get a dslr in, etc. For now I use mostly a good compact with 10x zoom, and only if I have decent seats.

Wow! Those are really cool! Liking those shots a lot!:wave:

^Those turned out well.

I've done a fair amount and posted in other threads and earlier in here (for a couple of U2 shows, other bands, etc). I've never had a photo pass, and it can be a hassle trying to get a dslr in, etc. For now I use mostly a good compact with 10x zoom, and only if I have decent seats.

Thanks! It definitely helps that the Lips use an absurd amount of lighting, so the noise I did have was minimal compared to some concerts. I've only had a couple of passes, but they're convenient. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it), I don't have a DSLR right now. I'm rocking the Olympus SP-565uz and finally learning how to push it to its limits. It has a 20x zoom, full manual controls and focus, and doesn't have a detachable lens (both a pro and con), so I can take it into any concert without issue.

Last edited:
Nice series of photos OneBlood. Here are some from last night at the Red Devil Lounge in San Francisco. A U2 Tribute Band called Zoostation performed.

P4210479.jpg

:up: love this shot :applaud:

Been playing with some split toning:

26781_383216732915_620782915_4006477_1485437_n.jpg

26781_383216712915_620782915_4006475_6903769_n.jpg

26781_383216722915_620782915_4006476_7598032_n.jpg

Wayne . . these are all great but really :love: the one in the middle :up:

Another interesting volcano shot I saw - Northern lights over the volcano:

that is crazy fantastic :applaud:

Justin, great pictures! How are Zoo Station live, btw?

Wow, ntalwar, awesome shots there!

I'm glad some others are doing the concert photography thing. And well at that.

Wow, ntalwar, awesome shots there!

Thanks. Is it difficult to get a photo pass? That'd be cool, but I assume you have to be media.

wow great shot!!!!!!!!!
for some reason makes me think of a poor side/rich side scenerio, thou thats not the case!

Thanks - good idea on the poor/rich side. Might try it for future photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom