Philadelphia Hotel Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono336

Babyface
Can anyone please help?

I'm flying in from Toronto on May 13 to see the show on May 14 and was wondering what the best hotel to stay at would be to improve my chances of meeting the band...

Where have they traditionally stayed in Philadelphia and what might be my best bet?

Thanks in advance!

bono336 said:
Can anyone please help?

I'm flying in from Toronto on May 13 to see the show on May 14 and was wondering what the best hotel to stay at would be to improve my chances of meeting the band...

Where have they traditionally stayed in Philadelphia and what might be my best bet?

Thanks in advance!

The band may not be staying in Philadelphia. When they play the Northeast, they often stay in New York City even if it is a few hours drive from whatever show their playing that night. But that is not what they do all the time.

The "Stadium Holiday INN" is right across from the Sports Complex that has the Wachovia Center. Its an easy walk to the arena, so if you were waiting around during the day or night to meet the band around the Arena, your place to stay is very close by.

If the band actually stayed in Philadelphia, its probably going to be someplace expensive by the average persons standards and good for their security/privacy.

Every hotel in the downtown area is already booked. I got a place across the river, which I am worried about considering I am not sure as to where exactly the seedy parts of the city are. Penn graduation is also that weekend.

8rattoon said:
Every hotel in the downtown area is already booked. I got a place across the river, which I am worried about considering I am not sure as to where exactly the seedy parts of the city are. Penn graduation is also that weekend.

If its in Camden, better bring your bulletproof vest.

I am from Philly. They rarely ever stay here. I think that stadium hotel is under renovation. Don't stay in Camden or S. NJ. The closest is anywhere by the airport (on Island Ave there are a bunch of hotels and you'll be 5 minutes away) There is an Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Airport Hilton... . Then try center city or Essington (also close to the airport). There are a bunch of Holiday Inn's in Center City, Loews, Socity Hill Sheraton. Good Luck.

eherncane said:
I am from Philly. They rarely ever stay here. I think that stadium hotel is under renovation. Don't stay in Camden or S. NJ. The closest is anywhere by the airport (on Island Ave there are a bunch of hotels and you'll be 5 minutes away) There is an Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Airport Hilton... . Then try center city or Essington (also close to the airport). There are a bunch of Holiday Inn's in Center City, Loews, Socity Hill Sheraton. Good Luck.

so anything within walking distance?

That stadium hotel is walking distance. The Hotel is still open and I heard renovations are pretty much done. I heard it is kind of pricey. Other than that any center city hotel around broad/14th /15th st... you hop right on the Broad Street subway to the stadium. It will be filled with U2 fans I am sure. There is a Holiday Inn express at 14th and Walnut .. right in center city and 2 blocks from the Subway. Also I believe there is an Embassy Suites or Double Tree right on Borad St. A Ritz Carlton too!! If they stay that is the most likely place. Broad Street is "Ave of the Arts" for a few blocks.

Wow, now I got worried. I'm staying in a hostel on the S.Bank Street. Is the neighbourhood safe? Is it close to the stadium? It's just a night really. Will come from NYC on the 22nd and will head off to Boston on the 23rd.

Oh, that's great! I feel more relaxed now. Thanks, Connachtpa.

See you all in a week.

I stayed at the holiday inn in essington. rooms are normally 200 a night apparently, but i went to hotels.com and got a VERY nice room for 83 bucks a night. only sort of down point is that it had to all be prepaid. but we didn't plan on leaving early or anything, so that wasn't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom