PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, dancing and singing right in front of her. But then, she didn't had fun even without me blocking her view, so I didn't feel guilty! :shrug:

Same here. I was jumping "singing" (I can't hit a decent note) and dancing. And having an awesome time. Some people won't appreciate but I usually had people next to me who where into it as well.
Apart from GG, who was literally, falling apart anyway :wink:

Man the last two days of Amsterdam where as good as Brussels I&II last tour. This band rules so much. I can't even begin to imagine life when they are gone.

Glad to hear that and happy you got through all days. Would've sucked if you had to give up on these wonderfull days becuase of the...

GERMS!

Would've been even worse if I managed to get one of the bandmembers sick. :lol: But I'm glad I was good enough to get to the shows. Would've sucked if they were 2 days earlier, I'd have stood no chance.

As long as Mysterious Ways and elevation are in the set. NOT dancing to a U2 concert should be considered a crime.

Even the seats are amazing spots again this tour. :love: The visuals during BTBS are amazing.

And the sound of the Ziggo Dome is awesome as well!

Believe it or not, Bullet plays now on the radio. Funny how it sounds almost pale compared to this live version! And it seems a little bit faster as well.

EDIT: Next song was something with "I hope that you found what you're looking for"!! :hyper:

Last edited:
Let's make this even weirder.

This station I mentioned (very worthwhile to listen to by the way, see below) never ever plays U2. I mean, I only caught WIWY once and that was about it.

Yesterday they didn't only play Bullet, I also got to hear COBL and I will follow! 3 U2 songs in 1 day??? :ohmy:

That station is Dutch, but no talk: Pinguin Radio | No bullshit, great music! Great if you're into alternative music.

Gotta love they called it penquin radio.
What in your terms is "alternative" music btw? Such a broad term / genre these days.

Well, Let me start with that I have no clue of how different types of music are called. I keep it to the basics, i.e. Pop, rock, blues, rap, etc.

For me alternatieve is all rock music that normal radio doesn't play, although 3fm plays some of it.
Basically what Penguin plays.

:lol:
oh i know lots of genre names!

That's cool hearing U2 on a station that almost never plays them!

To me alt music comes out from days of punk and new wave in mid-late 70's.

It took a fairly long time for the Original CBGB bands to make it onto American radio. ANd one of the biggest NYC FM Rock stations that originated as a Free-Form rock (occasionally other music) station resisted P & NW for a long time except for a few DJs!Over time they influenced more of the USA, ENgland, Scotland and Ireland eventually and around the world.

Remember Punk Music started here in the USA right here in NYC! :D The Sex Pistols were formed AFTER The Ramones played in Britain!

Then there was No Wave (often more discordant). ANd the alt label seemed to emerge in the ?90's i think people influenced in these ways. But, think- even back then it included everyone from Talking Heads, Blondie, Television, Patti Smith Group, The Ramones! Quite a wide array of music and sounds from each!

SO i often think of it as bands, or singular performers as you (BD) mentioned not always played on the radio, often influenced by the variety of bands that emerged in the mid 70's, early mid 80's.

Have to mention it again, this station all of a sudden keeps playing our band. :scratch:

Nice history lesson Dazz! :up:

For me, the nineties were dominated by sub genre Grundge, i.e. Nirvana and Pearl Jam and all that.
Never wore those awful clothes though, kept it with a lot of black.
Still do by the way (another thing I can blame U2 for ;-)).

Have to mention it again, this station all of a sudden keeps playing our band. :scratch:

Nice history lesson Dazz! :up:

For me, the nineties were dominated by sub genre Grundge, i.e. Nirvana and Pearl Jam and all that.
Never wore those awful clothes though, kept it with a lot of black.
Still do by the way (another thing I can blame U2 for ;-)).

aw thanks! :nerd: :D

Oh yeah I remember all that! ANd definitely have liked songs by each! PJ just played on Colbert's! Sounded great!!! :applaud: (last night?)

:|

just remembered I think i just missed(one of) the Berlin
SLPs! aah, crtap.

Well i had to e-mail my sis a long e-m about an issue that seems to sometimes come between us: my art-making. :sigh: ( Very long complicated story) that was more important I FINALLY get that out to her will YT U2 Berlin later next week.

:sigh:

Love it! Got to see it twice in Chicago in 2005 and loved every minute of it. I'm glad they are doing it again! :love:

Wowee! I hope I get a chance to see this gem at least once in my life. But I think they did it especially for Berlin.
zoo station is boss.

I sooooo love Zoo Station! :heart: I agree that they probably played it especially for Berlin. But, I do hope that if they are coming back to the States next year that Zoo will stay in the set list--at least for a few dates. The last time I saw them play the song was in 1992! It's been too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom