PGP- It's A Wild Zoo in Vegas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lining up in the middle of summer could be pretty sucktastic. September is actually a good month for being outside....
In any case...:hyper:!!!

That's one major reason I tried so hard to see them on THIS leg......
because I was kind of scared about trying to do GA - especially :uhoh: for the first time in The Summer Heat!
:crack:

However.........

I did manage the 80 - 85F weather mostly well.....

Sooooo much for COOL Late Sept weather :lmao: :grumpy:! Sunnyish 80- B5F weather was the lower end OF the kind of Summer Heat I was worried about!

Now, I see how I could adjust if the forcast was for worse ( 90+ :yuck: humid or not) or even at the 80F -85F range.

Here's what happen this
time and here's mah plan for :pray: next time, next year!

I brought 3 bottle of water.... then I had to buy 2 more before the show and one after that ended up being ike ? 15$! :grumpy:
we were allowed to bring in a non-capped bottle into GA (after ?seeing the webpage they weren'y gong to let us-- I guess they realised they might have a bigger problem on their hands IF they didn't let people do that at that temp).

SO if the weather is like last time---
Next yearI'll bring 5, or 6 bottles for the GA line and one for the Pit, OR Outer Rail. I'll also make sure I have enough money to buy (first choice) water, soda, something cold & wet to drink inside the GA area !

And a big pice of White Oaktage (thick paper) to fold once into a V for a "tent" for my upper half during the sleeping/napping on the early part of the day.

I got a whole tan in the several hours ( when the clouds cleared up) ! Even a bit red on the nose and a bit of the shoulders ( Nothing hurt) and it quickly changed to tan by the next day.

At one point I got a little concerned, so I did buy the $4 water ....

If it's even hotter I'll bring another 2 - 3 bottles w me. I'd expect the heat to sweat me out so iwouldn't be going to the loo every hour!

OH Yes!, and if it's HOOOOOMID :yikes: I will make sure I have llike 4 sets of batteries and bring one of those electric hand fans with WATER Spritzer they sell- I that I've used in The City and are REALLY helpful!!! :yes:

ALSO I was extremely surprised that the Port-o-sans didn't stink even at noonish time (my first pit stop) , and later again around 4PM-- it was only moderate. REALLY I expected to half gag, these things were right in the sun the whole morning/afternoon!

I was like "wow" ( remembering my last encounter with one 15- 20 years ago at some Washington DC Rally/ Marc,h etc ([gak] ) -- somehow technology HAS improved these things! :lol:

SO I'm not so scared of aiming for GA in the Summer next year.

AND in mah soon t be lovely, sweet, artistically :hyper: decorated ! bedroom apt-- I've planned for ample room for dancing/ exercising space in the Living Room so I cn get Better Fit in general & GA fit as well!!

HOLY CRAP!!!! Presale for Oakland is THURSDAY!!! Why god, why?!!?!??! My work computer is sooooooo slow and regularly has viruses. Maybe hubby can help. Last time I just took the morning off but can't do that right now as I recently took a few days off for some fun :wink:

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

Holy shit! My mistake - the presale is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! Why god, why??!?!?!?!?! I just renewed today - like right now - do you think I'll get my code by tomorrow morningh??'

I talked to my mom about costs for Toronto and Miami-mostly Toronto. Since Jem is definetly in for TO, she's all for that. I also said I'd pick Toronto over Miami if I have to. But I would like to do both.

Oh and Zooey-my mom asked me about any California dates. :sexywink:

Hi Kristen :wave: :hug:

How are you?

I'm super excited about the new dates. Can't wait for Toronto and Montreal :hyper:
How are you?

HOLY CRAP!!!! Presale for Oakland is THURSDAY!!! Why god, why?!!?!??! My work computer is sooooooo slow and regularly has viruses. Maybe hubby can help. Last time I just took the morning off but can't do that right now as I recently took a few days off for some fun :wink:

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

Welcome back Zooey :hug:
Just watching Rose Bowl right now, looks like an awesome show :drool:

I'm seriously giddy today. :heart:

Dazz, I will consider Jersey. But right now, I'm focusing on Miami and more importantly, Toronto!

oh I understand since so many of our friends are in/ near/ go there to Toronto etc! :yes:

Oh SURE I'd love to see them like ? 3 or 4 times next year, but that would take an big, BIG miracle. I'd be at least very :happy::hyper::heart: to at least get:heart: one more GA in!

If the pre-sale is soon (and general sale :sigh:)- which I gather is soon from WIld's reaction elrier--
I'll just have to want until tix drop next year, or stub hub or something!

If they do 2 dyas a Giants Stadium I'd want to go to both shows for the set list variety!

If I had a 3rd opportunity-- I'd probably go to Philly because I known the city a bit :heart: and it'd be the cheapest to do outside the NYC area.... but if I had alot of $$ available I'd go to Chicago, maybe Toronto (I'd have to get a Passport & that is MORE $$, and time) so I could revisit [/B] as an adult & meet up with people!

I have wanted to visit Chicago for a long time!
Chi I'd probbaly do seats-it can get as hot or EVEN hotter than NYC in the Summer :yikes:), and then I'd get to meet some more of you! :heart:

*DAZZrunstohereasle&getscrackingforU2/2010Tour$$$* LOL!!!

Wwait! :grumpy: I don't even have an easel anymore!

:sigh: IF were only that simple!!!
ah well, I will hold out a bunch of hope something good will work out,
and I'll at least have 1 more great GA experience !!!!!

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

Zooey :flirt:

I miss your kisses and ass slaps :sexywink:

:( :hug:

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

ZU!!!
:hyper::hug:

I wanna hear more stories!!! :hyper:

Holy shit! My mistake - the presale is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! Why god, why??!?!?!?!?! I just renewed today - like right now - do you think I'll get my code by tomorrow morningh??'

:ohmy: :hug: *** GOOD LUCK *** !!!

PHEW - called fanfire and they gave me my new code over the phone. I can't believe this - I was just thinking it'll be nice not to think about concerts and travel and arrangements for a little while. :rolleyes:

PHEW - called fanfire and they gave me my new code over the phone. I can't believe this - I was just thinking it'll be nice not to think about concerts and travel and arrangements for a little while. :rolleyes:

Daz - I was just going to go through all my pics (250 from Dallas, 200 from phx and 500 from this weekend) and post stories and pics and stuff but now I"m freaking out about presale for tomorrow. AND I need to find the presale date for Anaheim - I just saw the Tuesday thing and FROKE out.

"Meeting" (seeing up close in person) B was very surreal and cool and nerve-wracking and zen all at the same time. He didn't talk to me nor did he sign my cassette sleeve but he did pat my hand twice, whatever that's worth.

Back
Top Bottom