PGP - Hitching a ride With Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OHHH I understand NOW, VP!!!

I didn't even realize Toronto was THAT close to the GL!!

Yup, it's right on Lake Ontario! The southern end of the downtown. Areas of it are gorgeous.

Mind you, the entire lake is so huge that it stretches across many cities for hundreds of miles in the southern end of the province. Those lakes are more like mini-oceans or seas.

Gotta run, but just wanted to say mom is feeling better today. Not 100%, but better.

So good to hear that, hon! :hug:

oh yeah...i do think I rmemb er you posting about that.

HOW WONDERFUL!!!

My sis went to HA for the first time in Aug it as for a wedding of a friend!

She showed my me her ?? "Snap_____" something Videos--- a really simple video recorde rof her Helicopter trip to ( one of the very long water falls) tho the weather was ?too windy to get closer) over the shoreline and the water!!! near (swoon) :faint: Q@@@!@ SOOOOOO increadilbe.

I;m SO GLAD I got to got to San Juan PR ( she sent me on vacatoin for mah 50th BD) and see some of that kind of water!!!! otherwise I'd been really envious!!

Ooh - I bet that video would have been amazing! The water is absolutely stunning in warmer locations. This was taken 3 years ago, and I love how vibrant it is!

PC150010.jpg

Lucky you, Thora - that looks amazing!!! We're trying to decide where to go on vacation next summer (besides San Diego - we always go there and maybe this year I'll be joined by a few of you and a couple guys from Ireland :hmm: )

Thanks, ladies! :hug: It's hard to take a bad picture in Hawaii, I think! :lol:

That is gorgeous, Thora! :love: I wonder what caused the variation in the water, where it's a lighter blue near the shore, extending out.

There is a coral reef right in front of all the hotels on the beach there, so that is probably what the darker stuff underneath is. As for what makes the water a different colour, I think I was told something about that once, but I totally forget. Regardless, it's so fascinating to stare at!

ETA - and Zu has the answer! :D

Aw, so glad to hear you'll no longer have the stress of having to deal with the nasty one! :) Will living in a different area pose much of a hardship for you?

Did you initiate this move, or was it for other reasons?

:hug:

other reasons , not exactly unexpected.
I'll PM you sooner or later.. not too long a message ...since it's resolved.

one of the 2 crankyish parts is for the first time in my life I'll be like 7 ish blocks away from the subway ( vs 2- 3) - 1 long block of bit is a steepish hill.
that street is the BACKS of A big Apt comlpex, and the other side is fence for the Cross-Bronx express way!
Since it IS a working class neighborhood-- that block maynot get the best serves...esp winter ICE :scream: and who'd want to walk up that in the HUmidf 90f'S either!

BUT I FOUND a BUS that will take me from the 2 subways I can use ( once I get down there) will take me to 2 blocks from my house! :hyper:while it ONLY runs till 8;30 at night :(

tere are 2 other busues that come across from the Georege Washing ton Bridge Bus terminal tat cross in the Bronx, that stop about ? 2 _ 4 blocks away and THEY run several times untill 1 AM-- which should take care of most of my uber late-nite fun stuff, and then one runs once every 50 mins. and since it's by he GWBT and Broadway it's in an active place even late.

the other is no park for like 15 -20 blocks! I've always had a park within 2 - 10ish blocks from me! :(

I don't think there's abank near by either. BUT I have aBig Drugdtore right near me, and a I guess OK Superamrket at least some basics.
I do alot of food shoping outseddie the neighborhood fro decades now!

there's a Chinese take out, a pizza store and a Latin Restaurant all with in 2 blocks! :D

hope they're decent - that' all i ask!

also a fseperate Fruit & Vegge place nearby I have't cehcked out yet.

AND for those days when I cn't get n ehe Net Here, or don't twant to go DOWN toWN...

THERE RE 2 PLACES WITH NET SERVICE THO NOT as inexpensive as my net cafe ( 3$ /hr after 8PM) ..th're 5$ an hour bout you can pay by the 10 mins increments so that's good!

SO depending on how much extra $ i have i might be poping in early eves on SUndays from time to time!:D

I really am! :yes: It's the best present I could ever get. We don't give each other gifts for the year - we just do a family trip for the holiday instead of giving gifts. We started out doing this for health reasons, as one year was SO incredibly rough for me with SAD, and my dad thought it would help for me to spend a few weeks in the sun. It's turned into a tradition, because it's so much fun, and such a nice vacation. :love:

aaaewww :hug:

I can have pretty miserable, upsetting, angry, lethsrgic SAD myself!

I was posting earlier how we had one of the rainiest/grey Springs on record ( NYC) We surpassed SEATTLE! AND summer was way too grey , too!

Yup, it's right on Lake Ontario! The southern end of the downtown. Areas of it are gorgeous.

Mind you, the entire lake is so huge that it stretches across many cities for hundreds of miles in the southern end of the province. Those lakes are more like mini-oceans or seas.

cool!

yeah I know, really--- mini-seas for sure!!!

I got to fly over L E & L O on my way to MEdia-west Con ( e lansing, Mich) back in the late 80's!

Thanks, ladies! :hug: It's hard to take a bad picture in Hawaii, I think! :lol:

There is a coral reef right in front of all the hotels on the beach there, so that is probably what the darker stuff underneath is. As for what makes the water a different colour, I think I was told something about that once, but I totally forget. Regardless, it's so fascinating to stare at!

ETA - and Zu has the answer! :D

You and Zooey haz smarts. :love:

DG :love:

VP - I've been trying to catch up on how you mom's doing. :hug: Sounds like a place my grandma should be. She feels so isloated now that she can't drive.

Yeah, it really is a great place, and hopefully an option like that will work for your grandma. :)

It's just... :sigh: I get that it's not home, and I get that it's a big adjustment. But all of her complaints at home, this place completely fulfills in spades, but she's still not happy.

I'm very happy with how she's been more clear-headed. Things were getting really bad before she went. I don't really talk about just how bad they are on here, but yeah...it was a lot worse than I'd ever mentioned. I just hate to see it going back to that. It's SO stressful on all of us. A few days before she went in, after a particularly disturbing series of calls from her, I just sat here and sobbed. Sarah tried to make me feel better, told me she doesn't know how I do it. I told her I do it because I don't have a choice. And now we're probably going back to that. :sigh:

[/ramble]

Anyway, thanks. :hug: And I hope that things work out for your grandma and your family.

aaaewww :hug:

I can have pretty miserable, upsetting, angry, lethsrgic SAD myself!

I was posting earlier how we had one of the rainiest/grey Springs on record ( NYC) We surpassed SEATTLE! AND summer was way too grey , too!

It made me cry even more when he suggested it the first time, but they were happy tears. :lol:

It can be very difficult, but thankfully I've managed to find what best helps me to cope and get through the grey and gloomy days. I still get down in the dumps for sure, but I don't feel as low as I used to before I saw a doctor, and started figuring various therapies out.

Yeah, I remember reading posts from you about your rotten weather over the last few months. :( Hopefully this fall/winter won't be too difficult for you. :hug:

Apparently according to AX, I'm not allowed to be happy that the band will play on my b-day again next year. He really upset me and made me cry.

Dazzled, I'm not sure if having your very own place (SQUEEEEEEE, how exciting!) will make up for all the shortcomings, but hopefully it will make up for a lot of them. :) And although it may not be the perfect location, it does sound like there are at least a few positives. :up: Are you pleased with it overall?

It's just... :sigh: I get that it's not home, and I get that it's a big adjustment. But all of her complaints at home, this place completely fulfills in spades, but she's still not happy.

I'm very happy with how she's been more clear-headed. Things were getting really bad before she went. I don't really talk about just how bad they are on here, but yeah...it was a lot worse than I'd ever mentioned. I just hate to see it going back to that. It's SO stressful on all of us. A few days before she went in, after a particularly disturbing series of calls from her, I just sat here and sobbed. Sarah tried to make me feel better, told me she doesn't know how I do it. I told her I do it because I don't have a choice. And now we're probably going back to that. :sigh:

[/ramble]

rambling allowed :hug:

OH, VP..... I'm sorry how bad it's gotten.......:sad: :hug:

rambling allowed :hug:

OH, VP..... I'm sorry how bad it's gotten.......:sad: :hug:

:hug: Thanks. I really try not to feel sorry for myself, I know that a lot of families are faced with things like this, and worse. I'm usually okay-ish with coping, but I guess I have my moments.

It just feels unfair sometimes, after what she went through late last year and at the beginning of this year.

Oh well. Stiff upper lip, and all that. :)

Dazzled, I'm not sure if having your very own place (SQUEEEEEEE, how exciting!) will make up for all the shortcomings, but hopefully it will make up for a lot of them. :) And although it may not be the perfect location, it does sound like there are at least a few positives. :up: Are you pleased with it overall?

Yeah, it's mostly a yes!

My own place I can decorate by mself FOR myself is SOOOOOOO exciting!!!!:hyper::love::hyper:

I'll have a Pretty :heart: place i can be snowed n for a day or two if it gets that bad!

BTW you can bet I'll have some of my Beautiful Palm trees & Teal (Teal) / Royal Blue Caribbean Ocean Shoreline photos up from San Juan up on MY WALLS !!! :heart::drool::heart:

Back
Top Bottom