PGP - Hitching a ride With Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. For me, within a genre, I can generally find at least a few songs, if not a subgenre I like. For instance, I don't like country, but there are some artists/subgenres I enjoy. Same with jazz, orchestral, metal, bubblegum pop, rap, hip-hop, etc.

Anyone who says "I hate ALL (fill in genre)" is really limiting themselves. When they think that way, they generally don't give anything a chance.

I really detest the Bad Company/ Free/ .....oh, who else ... i KNOW there a few more)... types of bands.

And I really dislike most pure Metal Bands....

But there are, or I expect I'll hear something someday of each of o these bnads/ or genre I'll like.

Actaully I like "Bad Company" the song by BC.

That's where the good part kicks in. :D I barely feel cold. That's probably why I got the deep frozen foods section, since I"m the only person who never whines about being cold!
I wouldn't mind shovelling, could use the snow later for sculptures or so. /child

:hi5: That's a deal then, now how do we switch weathers?

That's because you've never felt real cold! :scream: Freezers don't count, it gets much colder than that here, plus there's wind that cuts right through you. That's it, I'm coming to get you for the winter, you'll be trapped here, and then we'll see how great winter is! :wink:

This one sounded great!
I didn't know if there were any other really good sounding ones you had yet to check out....

:fingerscrossed: for you all that that is the case ( grass is greener et all) !!

No, I really don't think it's the place she dislikes, I don't think a different place would change her mind, I think it's the entire situation.

Yeah, that's what this place is like, it's not a nursing home, they call it an assisted living retirement residence, and it also has varying levels of care available, according to whatever the resident needs. The staff can be as hands off or as involved as the resident needs them to be, and if their needs change, that's accommodated. I'm really glad to hear it's working well for your grandma! I've heard from several people (including some of the staff) that it takes a few weeks for them to adjust properly to the routine, and to think of it as "home." She's only been there 3 days, so she's hardly given it a chance.

I don't know. I don't feel that she should be on her own at home, but I don't think she's at the point where we should be forcing her, either. :sigh:

Yup - that's exactly what my grandma's place is like. They have tons of great activities, so she can do all sorts of great stuff with the people there. They go shopping, to museums, to the opera, etc., so it's all stuff she would have been doing anyway.

Yes, it definitely takes time to adjust. It was quite the change for my grandma, and I think it took her about a month to truly feel comfortable and at home there.

That's tough to know what the right thing is to do for your mom. Sending good thoughts your way that it all becomes clearer and easier soon. :hug:

I really detest the Bad Company/ Free/ .....oh, who else ... i KNOW there a few more)... types of bands.

And I really dislike most pure Metal Bands....

But there are, or I expect I'll hear something someday of each of o these bnads/ or genre I'll like.

Actaully I like "Bad Company" the song by BC.

Yeah, there are definitely bands I dislike, I was talking more about liking some songs within a wider genre. :)

I say we all just pick up and move to Hawaii and lay on the beach 24/7 :D

:uhoh: I pass. I can't stand too much heat(got a standard raised body temp) and I burn like mad. I've blonde hair with a bit of red from my mom, can't stay in the sun for 15 minutes without lotion or I'll be burned.

You guys have fun in Hawaii. :wink: I'll hide in the freezer.

That's because you've never felt real cold! :scream: Freezers don't count, it gets much colder than that here, plus there's wind that cuts right through you. That's it, I'm coming to get you for the winter, you'll be trapped here, and then we'll see how great winter is! :wink:

:D Try me!

I know it'll be cold, but I'd actually like having a real winter for a change. :yes: I'm sure I'll chicken out at a given time because I'll be cold, but still! I can say I've had a real winter!

:uhoh: I pass. I can't stand too much heat(got a standard raised body temp) and I burn like mad. I've blonde hair with a bit of red from my mom, can't stay in the sun for 15 minutes without lotion or I'll be burned.

You guys have fun in Hawaii. :wink: I'll hide in the freezer.

We'll just fill up a kiddie pool of cold water for you :wink:

I'll gladly go to Hawaii with you all! :D

I'm waiting on booking my last flight until I start the official countdown, but presuming I'll get the flight on the day I want, then I will be on the beach in exactly 64 days! :hyper:

We'll just fill up a kiddie pool of cold water for you :wink:
Water makes me burn even faster. :wink: I had to swim with a t-shirt on as a kid.

Forget that... we'll just send her to Thunder Bay. In January :evil:

OH! Better yet... we'll send her to Saskatoon in January! :evil: :mac: :evil: One week of prairie winter and she'll be begging for her rain back :lol:

:hyper: SOunds like fun!! When will you come and get me?

Me too although part of me wishes everyone elsecould be there too :sigh:

Gutted about my iphone because now i can't :drunk: post here :sad:

Aww, yeah I saw your status about that. :sad:

I'm sure there will be others drunk posting for us, like kaf for example. :lol: I've drunk texted with her, and it's hilarious!

I can't use the internet from my phone, but my BFF has an iPhone, so we may use that if necessary. She knows about the party on Thursday night, but she isn't totally sure if she's gonna come or not. I feel a bit bad, ditching her the second we get to Vegas. :lol: She won't know anyone, so I told her not to feel bad if she doesn't want to come, but we'll see. I may have to ply her with a few drinks first... :evil:

\MMMMWWWAAHAHAHAHA :evil:

:wink:

And VP it's usually worse for you b/c INLAND usually gets colder ( or hotter in Summer) than the coastlines ( oceaN ~~ WEATHER-Modulation)

No, I really don't think it's the place she dislikes, I don't think a different place would change her mind, I think it's the entire situation.

I figured that that might be the case, as well :( :sigh: :hug:S

\MMMMWWWAAHAHAHAHA :evil:

:wink:

And VP it's usually worse for you b/c INLAND usually gets colder ( or hotter in Summer) than the coastlines ( oceaN ~~ WEATHER-Modulation)

I figured that that might be the case, as well :( :sigh: :hug:S

Yeah, and here we have lake effect everything, because of the Great Lakes. :happy: :| And right where I am, we get it from Ontario, Erie AND Huron, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Ugh.

Hi wild, Zooey. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom