Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Von Shtupid? Ok. Ya nailed me. Ya made fun of my screen name. Good work. Ya could have called me Von Poopen, that would'a been funny. I guess. Funnier than Von Shtupid. Seriously? Von Shtupid? Ok .

Also, I didn't use the word "risky" because of you. I used it because of this guy:

If only "Pop" had come out in 1996. Then we could all agree it was a party record.

Think about that.

"Pop" is a party record.

You've never actually listened to "Pop"? Have you?

Well I don't know if you tend to shit yourself, so "Von Poopen" would be kind of dumb. The one I used has something to back it up.

If you're going to selectively quote my posts to make your points, then you can fuck off. See below to refresh your memory:

So while Discotheque may not come off risky in the way that Numb did, its sheer energy and propulsion are what surprised a lot of us. And the album, despite the dark, reflective lyrical content, is a lot more upbeat than its two predecessors for the most part. You just weren't hearing this blend of sounds from other big bands at that point. Had it come out as planned in the fall of '96 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I acknowledge the darker thematic content but point out that DESPITE this, the album is more fun to listen to. And hey, guess what? The band introduced the world to the album with a music video that was completely tongue-in-cheek and as "party" as anything they've ever put out. The video for LNOE was a piss-take as well. They were obviously trying to have fun with this album, as reflected in the stage show. Just because it's operating on various levels of humor, irony, satire, and social critique doesn't mean you can't dance to it.

My point about 1996 was that U2 wouldn't have been looked at so much as bandwagoners and arriving on the scene too late had they put it out 5 months earlier.

If it has a piano it sounds like coldplay!

yeah it's nuts...

i love the piano bit in OL - it reminds me more of an 80s Waterboys style piano more than anything i've ever heard from Coldplay, and then when those drums kick in, it's just perfect... it's like a retro 80s vibe, gorgeous...

yeah, it stuck in my head..... U2 has really something that other bands don't have..... melodies get directly to your brain and don't leave, even when a song is so-so à la Stuck in a moment..... Ordinary Love is a good song and we don't hear the guitar parts well, so it could be even better. Very 80's indeed :love:

I listen to a lot of bands. Actually much more to other bands than U2 these days. But I still think U2 is magic. That's why I enjoy their music, it just connects with me. No need to be cynical about U2 fans who just choose to enjoy U2's music.

If somebody thinks that U2 is unique at having melodies that stick in somebody's head, there is every right to be cynical and then some. And the reply was actually only partially cynical - I cannot give any better advice to someone than to listen to more music.

If somebody thinks that U2 is unique at having melodies that stick in somebody's head, there is every right to be cynical and then some. And the reply was actually only partially cynical - I cannot give any better advice to someone than to listen to more music.

You're wrong man. U2 is the only good band around. You're either with them or against them!!!1

So after evening class tonight when I get home :D

Looking forward to it. Does anyone thing they play it earlier than planned because of the leak?

Finally high quality :up:

Edit: Btw, which Facebook page?

Nice! That's great news. Should we start a request thread here or at Coldplay's forums?

I'd love to hear it. If there's substantial interest in this, we should start a request thread.

Not sure why this thread has turned into a request thread, but song requests are to be posted in the following forum only:

Music on the Internet - U2 Feedback

This thread should be used to discuss your thoughts on the song.

Also, Laz and Von.. please refrain from making personal attacks against each other or telling others to 'fuck off'.

:up:

Also as a reminder, linking to a site that has the song available is ok.. i.e. youtube etc. just no posting direct download links.

:up:

Also as a reminder, linking to a site that has the song available is ok.. i.e. youtube etc. just no posting direct download links.

Thank you. Welcome to 2013 people. I hope the spamming can desist now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom