Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To hear people spend 40 dollars/euros/etc. on a farking single with two songs is absolutely maddening. Trust me, I used to do this back in the day and I regret it. 99% of the stuff I never ever listen to, and probably never will either. Unless you are truly financially set up to pay that much for a bloody single in TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN then please reconsider.

My point is nullified though if all proceeds go to charity. Is that the case? Then that totally makes sense.

If not, you've just said something very interesting. If only all that money was given to the charity of your choice, the world would be a much better place. I reckon U2 are filthy rich by now. All this reminds me to that south Park episode in which the guys download illegal stuff from the Internet to realise how Britney Spears can't afford a more expensive private jet or how a rapper's son can't have a private island for Christmas.

I haven't picked up a copy yet but from pictures I've seen of copies people picked up from record stores today the prices for Ordinary love are from $10.99 to $14.99.

The "charity" in this instance is your local record shop. Everything they sell can be purchased cheaper online.

You pay the premium price so they can exist. They're worth it.

The "charity" in this instance is your local record shop. Everything they sell can be purchased cheaper online.

You pay the premium price so they can exist. They're worth it.

Except when the record store jacks up the price... hell with them, eBay would have been easier.

The place I went, the price was $17.99, nicely crossed out with black sharpie and new price of $49.99 added, when I asked they guy why, he said that is what is was selling for online.

Defeats the whole purpose of RDS, get out and support your local record store... :angry:

Yeah, that guy is a bad example of a record store owner not "getting it." Keep your prices lower than eBay and then maybe people will shop at your store.

Is the Vinyl version of Ordinary Love any different than the version we have from the lyric video?

i paid 34.95 here in Georgia- highway robbery if you ask me-

The one question i'm curious about is is this not numbered? WAIE was numbered- guess not- can't find a number anywhere.

Just received an email from U2.com. They are posting a download link for subscribers on Saturday.

Did we mention a subscription to U2.com means you get some great music?

Well, it does, and if you haven't been able to get a copy of Ordinary Love on vinyl, no worries - we've got a digital version just for our subscribers.

Sometime on Saturday (watch twitter), you'll be able to download an mp3 of the new song. Log in, click on the Account Info page and you'll see the link under Subscriber Downloads.

And if you still really want the song on vinyl, there's a very fine new competition just launched in Zootopia.

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

Dear Kevin,

Did we mention a subscription to U2.com means you get some great music?

Well, it does, and if you haven't been able to get a copy of Ordinary Love on vinyl, no worries - we've got a digital version just for our subscribers.

Sometime on Saturday (watch twitter), you'll be able to download an mp3 of the new song. Log in, click on the Account Info page and you'll see the link under Subscriber Downloads.

And if you still really want the song on vinyl, there's a very fine new competition just launched in Zootopia.

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

Well there you go, for all you subscribers.

I paid $19.99 for mine.

The place I went, the price was $17.99, nicely crossed out with black sharpie and new price of $49.99 added, when I asked they guy why, he said that is what is was selling for online.
That gets me annoyed! Back in the day of the record store there used to be list prices. Do the stores get to set there own prices now? Or is it because it's a limited release? Why is there such a huge difference between pricings for this 2 song 10 inch record? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom