Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the Broken Bells album again today.. REALLY listened to it. I hope some of the production techniques Danger Mouse used on that album were used on the new U2 album. It would be interesting.

That's the 5yr thing. When WITS was released I think most people just mumbled to themselves "Well, that's awful" and quietly shuffled on.

Then there were those like me and my buddy Mike. I rank that tune among the best U2 have ever done. And, Mike? He liked it enough to have me play an acoustic version during his wedding ceremony.

Just looked this up on my local record store website and it popped up for immediate store pickup in the morning, and I instantly added to my cart. Lol. Got all I needed for Black Friday.

10,000 copies of Ordinary Love are being pressed on vinyl so it won't be too hard to get.

Depends where you are. None of the stores here in Australia are expecting stock, I've had 11 US stores refuse to ship here and had all 3 of my pre-orders from other US stores cancelled.

So I can choose the massively overpriced eBay route or go without.

In Central Europe I hear it's very hard to get. People in Germany were making orders and most of them have been canceled. Amazon isn't listing it anymore. Ebay prices are already soaring.

Depends where you are. None of the stores here in Australia are expecting stock, I've had 11 US stores refuse to ship here and had all 3 of my pre-orders from other US stores cancelled.

So I can choose the massively overpriced eBay route or go without.

Yeah, the guy I spoke to at Red Eye wasn't too optimistic. :(

In Central Europe I hear it's very hard to get. People in Germany were making orders and most of them have been canceled. Amazon isn't listing it anymore. Ebay prices are already soaring.

Hm, I walked into my local record store over here in The Netherlands (Nijmegen, city of average size) yesterday (Thu 28th), to ask whether they would be getting any Ordinary Love tomorrow. "Oh, the new U2 single? I've got it right here. Got it in the other day." Costs €17, which is quite steep for 2 songs, but hey, first single in four frickin' years… and it looks great! :hyper:

^ That's great :) I've also heard from people in Germany who got it in local record stores. Others, though, weren't quite as lucky, as many orders got canceled.

40 bucks on Ebay for me. I have absolutely no record stores near me that will have this. I didn't want to wait. Should have it next week!

Got one from my local record store.is there a way of downloading the song without taking the wrapper off?im persuming the code is inside the record

Just got mine $14.99. I called and the store, put me on hold, wasn't sure how many he had left and said they're not allowed to hold anything today. Get there and I couldn't find it. The guy said oh man it must be gone if it's not in the record store day bins. Walk around the store in anger for a bit. Check back to the front and asked the girl and she pulled the last one out of the 10inch bin where I didn't look because I thought it was a standard release. Very happy. I don't think I'm going to open this one up. This is going to stay wrapped to hold that true collectors value!

Kind of bummed. Went to one shop in my area, and emailed the other, and both said they did not receive any copies. Oh well. More money to spend on tickets next year.

To hear people spend 40 dollars/euros/etc. on a farking single with two songs is absolutely maddening. Trust me, I used to do this back in the day and I regret it. 99% of the stuff I never ever listen to, and probably never will either. Unless you are truly financially set up to pay that much for a bloody single in TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN then please reconsider.

My point is nullified though if all proceeds go to charity. Is that the case? Then that totally makes sense.

To hear people spend 40 dollars/euros/etc. on a farking single with two songs is absolutely maddening. Trust me, I used to do this back in the day and I regret it. 99% of the stuff I never ever listen to, and probably never will either. Unless you are truly financially set up to pay that much for a bloody single in TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN then please reconsider.

My point is nullified though if all proceeds go to charity. Is that the case? Then that totally makes sense.
I think the fact that the single is limited and has potential to be a collectible spurs some people to make the purchase.

I, however, don't have that kinda cash to blow :cute:

:sad:

So, unless I purchase the "Ordinary Love" album from eBay, is there no way I can legally obtain a digital copy of the "Ordinary Love" song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom