Only "true" fans are entitled to rail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: I'm pretty sure Remi and Romi are 2 different people, however I can't say I know who exactly these posts are referring to. But there are 2 separate people who go by those names.

360 was the first GA I did for U2. I had my thrill of the rail but have no needs or wants for that again. Times have changed as my personal health is now dictating how I handle these shows or any band I see live. My tolerance for lining up all day and going for rail is no longer of interest. I just want to avoid people pushing into me, so I will stay away, clear of this and enjoy the concerts that I attend.

For Muse last tour, I happily stood in the back by the soundboard and chatted with security. It was a great time and I did not have to worry about being shoved.

:up: Same here. :)

:hmm: I'm pretty sure Remi and Romi are 2 different people, however I can't say I know who exactly these posts are referring to. But there are 2 separate people who go by those names.
Haha, ok, good to know. I hadn't heard of Remi. Just have met Romi, who was a bit invoved in the lines from memory. He was certainly spread all over the rail in Anaheim though :ohmy:

It was Romi I was thinking of. He, along with steved, were the reasons I blocked the tour forums for years. I wish no ill will on either but I do hope neither return. This forum will be much better.

It was Romi I was thinking of. He, along with steved, were the reasons I blocked the tour forums for years. I wish no ill will on either but I do hope neither return. This forum will be much better.

We may well have seen the last of the Daffy Duck gif

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When there's a show, there's at least one person online or via text reporting the setlist, and it gets posted in a show thread here, and people chat, hang out and vicariously participate in the show online.

There are sometimes audio streams of the shows, but they often sound like underwater basketball or something, which leads to hilarity.

They can be fun, they can be annoying, but it's worth going through one just to see what it's about.

When there's a show, there's at least one person online or via text reporting the setlist, and it gets posted in a show thread here, and people chat, hang out and vicariously participate in the show online.

There are sometimes audio streams of the shows, but they often sound like underwater basketball or something, which leads to hilarity.

They can be fun, they can be annoying, but it's worth going through one just to see what it's about.

Ah, I see. Cheers. Sounds like something I might have a look at - but only when the time is right, i.e. I'd have to wait til Turin until the time difference wasn't so ridiculous.

You forgot that all Red Zoners are from out of town

What the fuck is wrong with you? Not once did I even remotely say ALL red Zone people will be from out of town. I simply said what is likely to be true, that many of them will be. No different than people in the stands and people in GA. Some of you have really turned into pricks on this site since the 360 tour.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Not once did I even remotely say ALL red Zone people will be from out of town. I simply said what is likely to be true, that many of them will be. No different than people in the stands and people in GA. Some of you have really turned into pricks on this site since the 360 tour.

Read back through your last 30 posts and tell me with a straight face you haven't, too.

Please make it stop, it hurts so much! Even though I agree with some of your points :hug:

In all honesty, Hallucination is right and there's a lot of deflection happening in here. People paid for one thing based on a lack of information (it was either that or not go at all) and got something else. There wasn't a line drawn through the chart indicating areas in GA that would be inaccessible to me unless I paid $350. There should have been and I understand why people are upset. I would have just gotten seats if I had known I would be consigned to the middle of a crowd no matter my efforts. Rail spots are more comfortable and give you fewer heads to look over.

The silver lining is that there's no point in standing in line for 12 hours this time around. And a lot of really terrible control freaks won't be able to ruin the experience. It's not all bad, but it's worse than I had anticipated when I bought the tickets.

Last edited:
In all honesty, Hallucination is right and there's a lot of deflection happening in here. People paid for one thing based on a lack of information (it was either that or not go at all) and got something else. There wasn't a line drawn through the chart indicating areas in GA that would be inaccessible to me unless I paid $350. There should have been and I understand why people are upset. I would have just gotten seats if I had known I would be consigned to the middle of a crowd no matter my efforts. Rail spots are more comfortable and give you fewer heads to look over.

The silver lining is that there's no point in standing in line for 12 hours this time around. And a lot of really terrible control freaks won't be able to ruin the experience.

But this casually ignores the fact that there is more rail than ever before, and BOTH STAGES are free.

I don't think misinformation is the problem here. It's the entitlement people have when they buy a GA ticket they'll get up close to the band.

While all it is is a ticket to the floor. The band decides where you end up. Rich people buying red zone tickets aren't the problem. They either save it, can afford it, or want to do good. Who cares what their reasons are, they get their tickets, you get yours. They stand in their zone, you stand in GA. It's as simple as that...

If I'd have known about the Red Zone rail hog before I bought tickets...I'd still have bought GA, even though I could conceivably have afforded RZ. General admission just gets you in the building, does it not? Which is enough for me.

But this casually ignores the fact that there is more rail than ever before, and BOTH STAGES are free.

So it's either get front row at a U2 show (LOLOLOL good luck) or be the furthest possible distance from the band in the entire pit. Those options are supposed to be better than last tour?

Seats are a better option unless you do RZ. I didn't know that was the case when I bought GA tickets.

So it's either get front row at a U2 show (LOLOLOL good luck) or be the furthest possible distance from the band in the entire pit. Those options are supposed to be better than last tour?

Seats are a better option unless you do RZ. I didn't know that was the case when I bought GA tickets.

There isn't a single spot more than 30 feet from a part of the stage. I can safely say that is MILES better than standing next to the soundboard 300 feet away.

There isn't a single spot more than 30 feet from a part of the stage. I can safely say that is MILES better than standing next to the soundboard 300 feet away.

It is a relatively smaller pit area. That's nice. And if you're 6'5", you're golden anywhere. If you're not, your rail options are limited. I'm not, so I wish I had bought seats, but I'm not going alone so I'm stuck where I am. It is what it is. I'll have fun regardless, but I wish I had known all of this beforehand.

I'm not at all new to this ticket buying thing and this is the first time I've seen such a stark difference between the initial seating chart and reality.

It is a relatively smaller pit area. That's nice. And if you're 6'5", you're golden anywhere. If you're not, your rail options are limited. I'm not, so I wish I had bought seats, but I'm not going alone so I'm stuck where I am. It is what it is.

I'm not at all new to this ticket buying thing and this is the first time I've seen such a stark difference between the initial seating chart and reality.

What you're describing re height isn't exclusive to this tour. It has been a problem since Moses played guitar week nights at the Sphinx Club.

We can't take general problems and claim them as specifics for the issue at hand.

Let's get something straight here:

The Red Zones sold where 2 spots in the middle of GA, close to the e-stage and nothing more.
GA had al the pit, including rail. THAT'S what we bought. The CHANCE to be there if we tried and got lucky. Now we're behind Red Zone, and that's NOT what we bought.

The beauty of GA is that if I want to arrive at the very last I'll have a spot in the back or wherever I can move, and if I want and take the time to pull it off, I can be in the rail or wherever I choose to be. We have OPTIONS that WE take or not.

It's not like a seat, that's just a seat an nothing more, you can't move, etc.
In GA you have options. GENERAL Admission. Everybody can make it.

Now we can't.
And that's why we're upset.
That's why I'm upset.

I'm traveling a shit ton of kms/miles and wanted for once in my life be in the front rail of a U2 show. It's opening night. My dream, even more than a Dublin show. That's what I wanted and that's why I bought GA.
Now I can't because no one told us before that there'll be people in front of us.

If I had know about this, I would've bought a RZ for the first night and GA the next ones, I don't know, but I would've had the chance to choose. Now I don't. Now we don't.
So stop this "you should be thankful" crap.
I am thankful for going to 2 diferent countries, like 4 states, 5-6 cities, for breathing, having running water and for having internet. And still I can moan for something real simple: I DIDN'T BOUGHT THIS.

Oh, and I'm 5'7" :angry:

It's that simple.

PS: The Red Zone line goes all the way to the i-Stage. They have that rail too. :angry:

Let's get something straight here:

The Red Zones sold where 2 spots in the middle of GA, close to the e-stage and nothing more.
GA had al the pit, including rail. THAT'S what we bought. The CHANCE to be there if we tried and got lucky. Now we're behind Red Zone, and that's NOT what we bought.

The beauty of GA is that if I want to arrive at the very last I'll have a spot in the back or wherever I can move, and if I want and take the time to pull it off, I can be in the rail or wherever I choose to be. We have OPTIONS that WE take or not.

It's not like a seat, that's just a seat an nothing more, you can't move, etc.
In GA you have options. GENERAL Admission. Everybody can make it.

Now we can't.
And that's why we're upset.
That's why I'm upset.

I'm traveling a shit ton of kms/miles and wanted for once in my life be in the front rail of a U2 show. It's opening night. My dream, even more than a Dublin show. That's what I wanted and that's why I bought GA.
Now I can't because no one told us before that there'll be people in front of us.

If I had know about this, I would've bought a RZ for the first night and GA the next ones, I don't know, but I would've had the chance to choose. Now I don't. Now we don't.
So stop this "you should be thankful" crap.
I am thankful for going to 2 diferent countries, like 4 states, 5-6 cities, for breathing, having running water and for having internet. And still I can moan for something real simple: I DIDN'T BOUGHT THIS.

Oh, and I'm 5'7" :angry:

It's that simple.

PS: The Red Zone line goes all the way to the i-Stage. They have that rail too. :angry:

Except that you aren't 'behind the red zone' unless of course you were planning on charging straight for the catwalk instead of one of the stages? Which if I had lined up all day, I sure as shit would be going for a stage. Which has no red zone. Which means this whole thing is redundant.

What you're describing re height isn't exclusive to this tour. It has been a problem since Moses played guitar week nights at the Sphinx Club.

We can't take general problems and claim them as specifics for the issue at hand.

Height is especially relevant to this situation, actually. Rail spots improve view because you can pick yourself up slightly and aren't being swallowed by the crowd on every side. That's why it's more expensive (unbeknownst to me when I bought my tickets).

I suppose I'm not about to convince you that this is an issue at all, so we'll agree to disagree.

Height is especially relevant to this situation, actually. Rail spots improve view because you can pick yourself up slightly and aren't being swallowed by the crowd on every side. That's why it's more expensive (unbeknownst to me when I bought my tickets).

I suppose I'm not about to convince you that this is an issue at all, so we'll agree to disagree.

My point is that there is more rail, and less people competing for it. If anything, it's better for short people (of which I am one).

Except that you aren't 'behind the red zone' unless of course you were planning on charging straight for the catwalk instead of one of the stages? Which if I had lined up all day, I sure as shit would be going for a stage. Which has no red zone. Which means this whole thing is redundant.

This is it, exactly. It doesn't look like there are any RZ areas in front of the main stage where presumably there will be a rail. People who want a shot at a rail spot still have that, as far as I can see.

My point is that there is more rail, and less people competing for it. If anything, it's better for short people (of which I am one).

I don't see how 2/3rds of the front row + the curved rail at the end of the catwalk is more real estate on the rail than past tours. I probably should go dig up one of the stage pics but I'm on mobile.

You don't read PSs, do you....

pepokiss said:
PS: The Red Zone line goes all the way to the i-Stage. They have that rail too

Obnl0kK.jpg

That's how it looks to be.
Hell, that yellow "South" sideways makes me think that the outter rail will turn there, so they'll have the whole front rail and the catwalk.

Back
Top Bottom