On the dance floor....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Yes, I'm really putting myself out here on this one. Very personal. Ignore if you wish. :)

So I went clubbing the other night with a few girlfriends and what should have been a really fun night ended up with some hurt feelings and harsh words because of my friend's annoyance with me for not noticing the apparent swarm of men how were awaiting some signal from me to come dance.

I'll be honest, and there aren't many groups of relative strangers I could share this with, I hate this shit. I love dancing, I sure like to flirt with cute, decent guy. But I hate games. I hate all the almost political BS that gets inserted into MY nite having a good time with some retro 80's funk. :p Okay, so I smile or make eye contact. What does that mean? For some guys, it means, "Great she wants to dance." For some, it means, "I get to grope her or stick my tounge down her throat." Or for some (and I flat out refuse to believe this of the most guys) it means she's gonna go home with me. And then there are the :censored: CATTY women who are there for no other reason than to try to look 20 years younger than they are or who judge the night by if they picked up a bunch of guys or not. I'm maybe being too jugemental or catty myself even here. Anyway, said friend wasn't mad or anthing but "irkked" to use her word that I didn't notice said apparent hotties gazing at me. LOL. I wasn't trying to be cold or dense, I just honestly was busy dancing and didn't see them. :shrug: And I'm irrked that she's irrked and venting I guess. And it got me thinking about all of the above and the whole culture of clubs and the politics of the dance floor. Why couldn't I just...DANCE? And have a drink with my girls? So I thought I'd share and see what ya'll thought. :)

Salome shake it shake it, ladies!

SD

I completely agree with you and I think that this is a big part of the reason why I haven't been out dancing more. I love dancing but when I go out with a group of friends I'm actually thinking I'm going to be dancing with them and not have to protect my personal space from some gross guy wearing way too much cologne who thinks I have an attitude problem because I don't like having strangers touch my ass. It really sucks!! I wish there were like no hook-up clubs where people could dress cute but comfortably and behave civily because they are only there to dance, not to cop cheap feels or score digits from complete skanks and losers.
Anyway, sorry your friend war irked with you but she should respect your intentions.

I HATE clubbing. I can't stand the noise, the atmosphere, or the people. I like to dance, if I can find a partner I come with as a date.

Sherry I totally feel your pain...I love clubbin' but because of my big ghetto booty (no joke...we are talkin serious junk in dah trunk) I get asked to go home and groped more than I would care to. Why can't i just be there for the fun of it.

My solution...gay clubs. LOL...no joke, great dance music, and NO ONE is askin me to go home...LOL.

If you have the courage you should go sometime. I'm not sure where you live, but you know where I am, if you are close we could go out after my foot heals. My friends and I will show you a good time. A fun time. :)

We don't have to go to gay clubs either, there is one club that caters to all types that I have never really had a problem with, its called the Nation. If you're in the area you should check it out!

Keep on dancin in the free world...lol

:dance:

I'm sorry that happened to you Sherry. :hug:

Last edited:
Nowadays the club scene is just nothing but a meat market. :rolleyes: I mean even like 7 years ago when I was really into clubbing it was bad. I always brought a guy friend with me so that the guys would see me dancing with him and figure I'm taken so they wont ask me :laugh:

The solution? Ballroom dance! ;) I go dancing every Friday night to the Ballroom that I learned to dance at. Since its not a 'club' there is no alcohol served there. The people that ask you do dance are polite, and they're not slobbering on your shoes and making googly eyes at you. :drunk:

Its actually a great place to meet people and it isnt a meat market! I met my bf there after all :heart: ;)

Hey ladies. Thanks for the moral support. :D I love clubs and dancing. Just not all the BS that can go with it. LOL.

Sicy: I'm planning to take bellydancing lessons this fall. :D Course I guess there won't be many guys there....

Anyway, thanks. :)

SD

I stopped going to clubs because of all of the :censored: creeps I had to put up with there. I don't appreciate being treated like some toy and some :censored: ass at one club in particular was driving me nuts. Ugh!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom