Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Christ, my mate just texted and the plans are probably off tonight. Stupid fucking cunt. I'm getting so sick off this shit.

Last edited:
Haha. Well, you'll hate parts of it. Namely Coldplay. Probably the Vendetta Red, Arctic Monkeys, Post Stardom Depression, and 30 Seconds To Mars songs, too.

Hey now, I'm not one of the Coldplay bashers. I don't care for much of what they do, but their uptempo songs where Martin doesn't overdo the falsetto are listenable.

Still, they're good for jokes and fun to mock.

:shifty:

The daily melt down happened and I started playing more Heroes V to pass the time...next thing I know its been an hour <_<

Hey now, I'm not one of the Coldplay bashers. I don't care for much of what they do, but their uptempo songs where Martin doesn't overdo the falsetto are listenable.

Still, they're good for jokes and fun to mock.

Oh, wait, you're not Laz? :wink:

I'm the pretentious dick who doesn't want too many people to hate him. :wink:

Anyway, you'll probably be pleased to know I'm using Airbag (they were on Phanan's last list and they're very similar to PT and PF).

Anyway, you'll probably be pleased to know I'm using Airbag (they were on Phanan's last list and they're very similar to PT and PF).

More to the point, they wish they were PF, but I can get into their sound.

I'm surprised nobody's latched onto that. "OMG Coldplay's written a song about the Crusades! They're just copying U2's songs about the Troubles!"

More to the point, they wish they were PF, but I can get into their sound.

Also I have 3 songs over 8 minutes in a row. That's gotta count for something on the Axver-Post-Rock-slash-Prog-Rock-Meter-'o-Doom!

I'm surprised nobody's latched onto that. "OMG Coldplay's written a song about the Crusades! They're just copying U2's songs about the Troubles!"

While I'm no fan of either subject for a pop song, at least writing a song about the Troubles was relevant to the time. Writing a song about the Crusades is only going to make real time strategists happy. And if it's relating to the current war, it's just even more pretentious than it already was.

Pretentious, pretentious, pretentious! So overused, but completely justified in it's overuse these days.

While I'm no fan of either subject for a pop song, at least writing a song about the Troubles was relevant to the time. Writing a song about the Crusades is only going to make real time strategists happy. And if it's relating to the current war, it's just even more pretentious than it already was.

Pretentious, pretentious, pretentious! So overused, but completely justified in it's overuse these days.

You're right. What the world needs is more people to write songs like "Vertigo."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom