Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it doesn't matter because I can see my code on my TOUR page, but just out of curiosity, is anyone else still waiting for the email with their presale code?

Yes, changing the profile did nothing for me. I received 3 e-mails from u2.com about my membership in general, so they are not blocked.

So, those of you purchasing tickets in the presale for one of the 4 N.A shows, is it safe to assume you will be buying 4 tickets, since that is the limit? (Unless, you are planning to go to 2 different cities, of course.) :hmm:

I'll be trying for 4 GAs in the presale. If not then 2 GAs and 2 seats. If I get 4 GAs in the presale, I'll try for 2 seats in the general. I'd have no problem selling U2 tix at face value where I live/work, and haven't decided seats or GA yet.

I know it doesn't matter because I can see my code on my TOUR page, but just out of curiosity, is anyone else still waiting for the email with their presale code?

I never got the original email with the presale code and general presale info, but I did get the two emails regarding the presales that started today - although I received those several hours after the presales started. :huh:

I never got the original email with the presale code and general presale info, but I did get the two emails regarding the presales that started today - although I received those several hours after the presales started. :huh:

Hours after...well that's helpful. :sigh:
I didn't even get those, though.
I know they're trying, but I wish u2.com would get their act together.

The emailed presale code is optional. I haven't received mine in an email, but I can see it on the Tours page, which is fine with me.

How do we get a hold of Baja? I go to the Help section and only get a number for Fanfire.

I called Fanfire yesterday to inquire about the subscription I bought for my bf 2 weeks ago and she said there were 2 subscriptions in his name so I guess he took one out, unbeknownst to me.

According to the Terms and Conditions at U2.Com, multiple subscriptions can result in outright membership and presale code cancellation so I don't want to chance it yet the woman at Fanfire never said anything. Now I have 2 codes - what to do?? :hmm:

How do we get a hold of Baja? I go to the Help section and only get a number for Fanfire.

I called Fanfire yesterday to inquire about the subscription I bought for my bf 2 weeks ago and she said there were 2 subscriptions in his name so I guess he took one out, unbeknownst to me.

According to the Terms and Conditions at U2.Com, multiple subscriptions can result in outright membership and presale code cancellation so I don't want to chance it yet the woman at Fanfire never said anything. Now I have 2 codes - what to do?? :hmm:

buy 8 tickets!:hyper:

I hope they surprise us with the presale for North America very soon to curb the sale of codes being sold on ebay :angry:

I'll be trying for 4 GAs in the presale. If not then 2 GAs and 2 seats. If I get 4 GAs in the presale, I'll try for 2 seats in the general. I'd have no problem selling U2 tix at face value where I live/work, and haven't decided seats or GA yet.

I plan on doing the same thing. Have a couple of people who want to come to Chicago so going to try to get them GA's. Going to go for seats probably in the general sale for another show

one of my friends let her subscription lapse and just rejoined last week. she ended up being in the horizon group. she thinks it's cause she stayed on the mailing list for u2.com and they kept records. who knows!

anyone know if ticket limits in the general sale will include presale tickets already purchased? Also if you type in the code to enter a presale for a particular city and search for tickets but choose not to buy, you won't get charged with using up the code right?

I pm or email her, but she is not too likely to answer pm's from random people because I imagine she gets a ton. Since we're both mods and sort of in the same boat as far as what we deal with on a daily basis (lol) she'll respond to me, but she gives me short answers. Unless we're bitching about stuff... :wink:

Hi, yesterday i bought 4 ticket for MILANO GA.

Today i have tried with the same HORIZON pre-sale code to buy tickets for Amsterdam gig and i was allowed and managed to select tickets and to buy it. I didn't.... but has anybody idea about this.

When i tried to buy again ticket fir Milan show the system said : "code already used".

Hi, yesterday i bought 4 ticket for MILANO GA.

Today i have tried with the same HORIZON pre-sale code to buy tickets for Amsterdam gig and i was allowed and managed to select tickets and to buy it. I didn't.... but has anybody idea about this.

When i tried to buy again ticket fir Milan show the system said : "code already used".

The Live Nation codes per country are not checked, only internally. So if you use your code for Live Nation in Italy the party in Italy will check off your code. Holland doesn't know that, so still accepts your code.

However, it might be likely that the parties will check these codes manually in a short while, and finding out they're used multiple times you might lose one or more tickets.

one of my friends let her subscription lapse and just rejoined last week. she ended up being in the horizon group. she thinks it's cause she stayed on the mailing list for u2.com and they kept records. who knows!

that's my story too. mine lapsed for 2 years, signed up again last Friday, and i'm "Horizon".

Ouch the u2.com appears to be down, i would hate to be in the "breathe" section for the current pre-sale dates.

I am sure somewhere this has been asked and discussed, if so apologies for posting again...

For North America presale, is it best to set up an account on LiveNation ahead of time to ensure your transaction goes smoothly?

I am sure somewhere this has been asked and discussed, if so apologies for posting again...

For North America presale, is it best to set up an account on LiveNation ahead of time to ensure your transaction goes smoothly?

absolutely. unfortunately, they don't let you securely store a credit card. that would make things run even faster.

when you sign up, just make sure that you sign up for both Live Nation and My Live Nation accounts. you must use the same email address but they won't let you use the same login for both, so make sure to write them down.

absolutely. unfortunately, they don't let you securely store a credit card. that would make things run even faster.

when you sign up, just make sure that you sign up for both Live Nation and My Live Nation accounts. you must use the same email address but they won't let you use the same login for both, so make sure to write them down.

Thanks! I will try to take care of that today! I'm a longtime fan but this will be my first U2 concert, that's if I get tickets :pray:

Just curious...when it comes time purchase presale tickets for NA, when we click on the presale link on u2.com is that going to bring us through livenation to purchase the tickets? And also do you buy tickets through the "my live nation" or "my tickets" logins cuz that whole thing kind of confuses me...

Thanks for any help!

Just curious...when it comes time purchase presale tickets for NA, when we click on the presale link on u2.com is that going to bring us through livenation to purchase the tickets? And also do you buy tickets through the "my live nation" or "my tickets" logins cuz that whole thing kind of confuses me...

Thanks for any help!

i'm not even sure myself. the way i look at it, i just want to have all my logins/passwords set for the presale, including Ticketmaster, just incase i get forwarded to that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom