Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this over on U2.com:

If your pre-sale code starts with (see below), SENIORITY IS AS FOLLOWS:
U2A = HORIZON
U2B=BREATHE
U2C=BOOTS

Whew! I am Horizon :dance:

I can't find this on the site? Where is it? I still have not received my email, but I do see my code. Hopefully, we don't need the email if knowing our code is sufficient.

I can't find this on the site? Where is it? I still have not received my email, but I do see my code. Hopefully, we don't need the email if knowing our code is sufficient.

Codes starting with U2A are Horizon. U2B are Breathe. U2C are Boots.

Wow, I wasn't even trying for any of those 3 EU shows, but I was reading through this thread and was getting so anxious for everyone. :hyper::hyper: Seems like everyone who was trying for those shows got what they wanted, so it bodes well for the rest of us. I wouldn't want to be the 1st presale. It's kind of good I think that they seem to be staggering the presale dates.

thank god I'm not a subscriber to u2.com, I was but after the vertigo tickets fiasco never again! wonder how this tour presale will pan out? lol

Propaganda was the best! :)

I am

you are not a member i guess?

hey, im a member,,,
but i dont see the point of all this, just to buy one show???
What happens if i wanna go to some and not just one,,,
im sure people from ebay are subsbribing now and getting tixets to sell them for huge money then,,
im hating this stupid strategy.

Does anyone know what time on day 2 the Breathe group can start getting tickets? Maybe as of 10am

I just am wondering if we can assume that additional shows will be added to the 4 N.A. shows already announced. How will we know whether to save our code for the additional show, or purchase 4 tickets immediately when it goes on presale? In other words, when will the additional show/s be added? :doh:

U.S. People I just asked Baja on U2.com if you can use your pre-sale code for BOTH legs or just the first leg. Her response:

"right now, the answer i got was 09 only"

I responded that I thought that was pretty messed up and "What if there are no shows near you on the first leg? Your pre sale code just goes to waste?"

she then responded:

"im trying to get codes for leg 2, so people can get 2 codes. if not, then probably yes but not confirmed"

This will really suck if you dont get a new code for the second leg.

U.S. People I just asked Baja on U2.com if you can use your pre-sale code for BOTH legs or just the first leg. Her response:

"right now, the answer i got was 09 only"

I responded that I thought that was pretty messed up and "What if there are no shows near you on the first leg? Your pre sale code just goes to waste?"

she then responded:

"im trying to get codes for leg 2, so people can get 2 codes. if not, then probably yes but not confirmed"

This will really suck if you dont get a new code for the second leg.

So what if we use the code for 09 we still get another one?

Thanks for the info sicy- id use the code and perhaps trade tickets down the road

anyone with a Breathe code trying for GA tomorrow? please let us know how you make out

I just am wondering if we can assume that additional shows will be added to the 4 N.A. shows already announced. How will we know whether to save our code for the additional show, or purchase 4 tickets immediately when it goes on presale? In other words, when will the additional show/s be added? :doh:

assume the presale will work only for the announced shows. they have never, to my memory, announced additional shows at an existing show venue in time for a presale. they announce them after they sell out in the GENERAL sale and they usually go on sale then and there.

So what if we use the code for 09 we still get another one?

count on not getting another code. buy tickets with this one and trade them if need be. if you get a new 2010 code, cool. but, you'll maybe get a new code next year because you're subscription will be expiring and that's how they'll get renewals.

I don't really have the time to read the entire 44 page thread and since search isn't giving me what I need, here's my question:

I received an email indicating the presale date and time for the European leg of the tour. I won't be purchasing any tickets for non-US shows. Will my passcode nevertheless be "good" for a future email that, hopefully, will let me know when the US presale occurs? In other words, is U2.com only giving me a shot at the European tickets? Or am I being excessively paranoid? :|

I don't really have the time to read the entire 44 page thread and since search isn't giving me what I need, here's my question:

I received an email indicating the presale date and time for the European leg of the tour. I won't be purchasing any tickets for non-US shows. Will my passcode nevertheless be "good" for a future email that, hopefully, will let me know when the US presale occurs? In other words, is U2.com only giving me a shot at the European tickets? Or am I being excessively paranoid? :|

From the email we got, you can use the code for the upcoming presales for Europe OR US dates for 2009. From what Sicy found out upthread, there's a chance that we won't be able to use our current code for 2010 shows AND we might not get a new code for 2010. But who knows.

assume the presale will work only for the announced shows. they have never, to my memory, announced additional shows at an existing show venue in time for a presale. they announce them after they sell out in the GENERAL sale and they usually go on sale then and there.

Yeah absolutely.

Though I wonder why they don't include additional show dates in the first place anyway seeing as they've clearly booked the stadium. I can understand why not in the US, but not in Europe where a sell-out is pretty much guaranteed.

perhaps it's an insurance thing?

Internet Presale on U2.com

Since U2.com just recently changed I have not renewed my subscription yet but I have been a member since 2005. If I renew now (after the tour has been announced) do I fall into the 3rd presale group even though I was a subscriber in the previous 4 years?. What about people who have been members for 10-15 years or more but didn't renew on the "new" U2.com until after Mar. 9 ? Are they in the first, second, or third presale group? This isn't exactly made clear in the presale FAQs.

Anyone with any info on this?

Since U2.com just recently changed I have not renewed my subscription yet but I have been a member since 2005. If I renew now (after the tour has been announced) do I fall into the 3rd presale group even though I was a subscriber in the previous 4 years?. What about people who have been members for 10-15 years or more but didn't renew on the "new" U2.com until after Mar. 9 ? Are they in the first, second, or third presale group? This isn't exactly made clear in the presale FAQs.

Anyone with any info on this?

PRE-SALE CODE, PRESALE EMAIL, Seniority levels AND TOUR INFO UPDATE 3/09/09 13:00 PST MORE INFO MORE INFO MORE INFO - Announcements and News (RENEWAL and PROBLEM INFO HERE) - Main Forum - U2 Community - Message Board - Kickapps

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE). If you let your account lapse for any reason (lost wallet, alien abduction, forgot to renew, tornado hit house,etc...) and you just renewed, joined or upgraded your account, you do get a presale, but it is on the third day.

Which is kind of odd, because I did let mine lapse for a while and re-joined in November of last year and they gave me the A group. I have however been a member and propaganda member for many years, dont know if that has something to do with it.

I know it doesn't matter because I can see my code on my TOUR page, but just out of curiosity, is anyone else still waiting for the email with their presale code?

Some people said that they went to update their profile and didn't change anything and got the email after they did that

That was how it worked on the last tour.
There definitely was only ONE code on the Vertigo tour for U2.com members. There might have been a different situation for Prop members... But for U2.com members, only one presale code. If you used it on Leg 1, you had to try the public sales for the other legs.

PRE-SALE CODE, PRESALE EMAIL, Seniority levels AND TOUR INFO UPDATE 3/09/09 13:00 PST MORE INFO MORE INFO MORE INFO - Announcements and News (RENEWAL and PROBLEM INFO HERE) - Main Forum - U2 Community - Message Board - Kickapps

Which is kind of odd, because I did let mine lapse for a while and re-joined in November of last year and they gave me the A group. I have however been a member and propaganda member for many years, dont know if that has something to do with it.

exactly. i just re-joined last Friday, and i'm Horizon, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom