Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever it's worth, I signed up about two hours ago and had no issues at all. I got my coupon for 25% off within 20 minutes of sending m credit card info. Hopefully, the presale will go as smoothly.

I subscribed, got my welcome email and all that but have yet to get my 25% discount offer.

i wonder if U2.com will take into account that i was a paying member in 2005. i didn't renew for 3 years though because i only use that crappy for ticket presales.

Yeah me as well; sure there are tons of us in the same boat, but like someone else said, pretty sure that is not taken into consideration...

doubt it...

Baja, in her message at Zootopia, says:

:rolleyes:

wow. that kind of sucks. :down:

i guess it's tough to find a fair way and all, but it kind of bugs me that someone who may have just gotten into U2 3 years ago (and happened to start subscribing to that site at the same time) will have priority over someone like me who has been a fan for almost 20 years.

i don't want to sound like an elitist or anything, but that's how i feel about the issue.

Do we have any idea how many tickets you can purchase with the pre-sale code. And could it be for more than 1 date or not? I can't remember how it worked for Vertigo.

How can you tell what level you are? Anyone know theirs? I have been a subscriber for 6 yrs.
Also, I wonder if they will play indoors in colder states? They usually wait to play here on the later legs of the tours.

Anybody got their U2.com emails yet advising how the presale works? I need to know which group I'm in (have been a continuous member since Dec 2004) and when presale start dates are for each presale group for the UK shows. Presume this is all in the email but I haven't received this yet.

:hmm:

Just went into U2.com and saw that they have replaced most of the public sale dates on the right hand side of the tour page to the words "ON SALE SOON!" with the exception of Milan, Amsterdam and Gothenburg which is now confirmed to be on either 13th March or 14th March (for Amsterdam)....

I suspect they are updating the page right now so they can put in correct dates for the public sales for the rest of the tour at least up to the first few US dates...

the stage looks mind blowing btw... :hyper: cant freaking wait!

i guess it's tough to find a fair way and all, but it kind of bugs me that someone who may have just gotten into U2 3 years ago (and happened to start subscribing to that site at the same time) will have priority over someone like me who has been a fan for almost 20 years.

i don't want to sound like an elitist or anything, but that's how i feel about the issue.

It doesn't suck!! I have been a u2 fan for more than 25 years, subscribed to Propaganda and later to U2.com and faithfully renewed my membership every year. Of course it cost me 32 dollars to renew, but then again it's U2.
I think It's totally logical that members who renewed every year get the best seats/spots..

When read Baja's message it will tell you that when you are a paid subscriber yesterday, you'll be in group 1 or 2. When you sign up now, you'll be in group 3.

I just signed up. Long time/hardcore fan or whatever you want to call it, just never felt like signing up before b/c I don't care about discounted merchandise. I didn't get a single pre-sale ticket last tour, in fact only had one general sale ticket and didn't have a problem finding or trading for the tickets I wanted. So it makes no difference to me which "group" I'm in, especially for a stadium show. I only signed up this time b/c I am buying for more than just myself, so it will be harder to get the tix I need.

Most believe that you can tell your presale member level by the appearance of "A" "B" or "C" in the presale code. Frankly, this is a very fair way of doing things. Minimizes scalper impact (as I doubt many scalpers have kept a membership renewed for years), while rewarding long-time members.

I see your point, but the presale is merely a fan club benefit. It has nothing to do with who's been a fan longer/who is a bigger fan. Many other band fan clubs (Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, etc.) run things in a similar way, that is, seniority-based ticket access to paying members.

Just got an email from u2.com re presale....

I'm in the HORIZON group....I soooooo rock!!!!! :applaud: :rockon: :D

I just got my email. Im in the Horizons old farts group :applaud:

Shame theres no announcements of tour dates in the southern hemisphere.Ah well. At least Im ready when they are!

Most believe that you can tell your presale member level by the appearance of "A" "B" or "C" in the presale code. Frankly, this is a very fair way of doing things. Minimizes scalper impact (as I doubt many scalpers have kept a membership renewed for years), while rewarding long-time members.

I see your point, but the presale is merely a fan club benefit. It has nothing to do with who's been a fan longer/who is a bigger fan. Many other band fan clubs (Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, etc.) run things in a similar way, that is, seniority-based ticket access to paying members.

So A would be the highest, if that is the way they are doing it?
I agree that they people who are the longest member should get first crack at them, otherwise, why would people pay.I never minded paying because at least you got some form of freebies, tshirts, cds etc

I just got the email too & I am in the 'Horizon Group'
It also says this:
Your code can be used only ONCE to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for a single European show of your choice OR your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for up to FOUR (4) North American shows.

Guess I will be getting tickets for chicago & hope they come here too....

I guess the downside of the being in the Horizon group tho is that you're guinea pigs for the new process :crack:

got it

Horizon group - i have had continous subscription since late 2004

I just got the email too & I am in the 'Horizon Group'
It also says this:
Your code can be used only ONCE to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for a single European show of your choice OR your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for up to FOUR (4) North American shows.

Guess I will be getting tickets for chicago & hope they come here too....

:sad: wanted 1 ticket for 4 shows. Why europe different from US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom