Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rosco brings up a century! :up:

I should follow that India/South Africa series more closely... that said, work's crazy right now and I probably don't need the added distraction!

It's quite obvious that he will finish as New Zealand's greatest ever batsman, but I'm thinking he will finish as one of the world's best ever batsmen. And he is just an absolute absolute joy to watch, too, which makes it all the better.

I've really enjoyed watching today, nice to see Australia struggle after having it very nearly all their way so far this series. Been very impressed by Taylor, who looked in truly shit form, this has been a great ton, although Australia's bowlers haven't been good enough. Hopefully they can keep going and get a good draw.

Reckon the West Indies will provide more competition with the ball but nowhere near as much with the bat.

Letting Warner get yet another century is embarrassing. I've only just tuned in but this is shameful, NZ.

Hardly. Totally with Dan on this one: the man is in inimitable touch.

The Warner bashing is beyond tiresome. The guy is posting numbers that would have him be almost without peer as an opening bat. Against all countries. You may just have to let this one go there, champ.

They showed an infographic earlier, that in the last two seasons in Australia every team batting first in the first innings made over 500 runs. That's ridiculous.

Wow.

Damnit there goes Kane. :(

But what a great knock for 166. I was hoping he could go on to a double. It would've taken his average past 50.

Really unsurprised there was a wicket after a short break in the game, as there almost was after the crap with the sight screen. :lol:

Maybe Australia are doing this on purpose now. :wink: But honestly, assuming NZ get past 400 that would hold them in good stead for a draw.

Did Australia pick up a ball that specifically held momentum for them? Or this is more a placebo effect?

The cricket equivalent of Brad Scott.

The last half an hour has been fucking mesmerising. Starc literally couldn't do any more. Two drops, breaks a bat, hits 100 miles an hour...

What a shot down the ground by Rosco to bring up his 150. :up:

I've been very critical of him this year, but quite happy to eat some of my words after this great knock.

Goddamnit.

BMac seemed to be settling in too. But at least it wasn't Ross, who's been looking in better touch the longer he stays out there.

Still not really sure why Bracewell's ahead of Craig in the batting order. I know NZ's tail usually goes alright but I'm not sure about all this.

Wow, really stoked to see Rosco bring up his double century. This has been one hell of a day of Test cricket.

Somebody hurry up and make a new thread. I don't have a clever "part whatever" up my sleeve today.

How many bloody times do they want to change the ball?

And ok NZ, let's not leave Ross stranded without partners.

Farce some of the stuff today, the sightscreen, the ball changes. Starc not getting a wicket during that huge spell and then getting one with the worst ball he's bowled all series.

God Brett Lee is absolutely insufferable.

But Ross Taylor ... phenomenal.

At the start of the day I would have imagined 400 for NZ would have been a decent result.

Yeah this is way beyond what I expected. I figured Australia would be back in by stumps and that we would be at least 150-200 down. But Kane and Ross were sensational. What batting to behold. I'm starting to think a draw is now the most likely outcome but really it feels anything could happen from here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom