Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Pup tons up and leads the team stylishly to victory against one of world crickets up-and-coming young sides.

No-one has divided opinion in recent cricket history like this guy. Great for Australian cricket to have a captaincy overhaul, Ponting never was a great Captain

Huh, the series is under way already? Forgotten how soon it was after the Cup.

Clarke may've done well with the bat, but pretty unimpressive showing by the rest of the line-up. And the bowlers couldn't even get through the Bangladeshis? Wow.

Only because you gave him fifty million chances a few years ago. After that many chances, it's hardly a surprise that the man can finally swing a bat. And to think some better players who would've performed immediately have been sent to the wilderness and not given even one chance of Watson's fifty million. I'm still bitter about that and I don't think I will ever appreciate him as a cricketer. Especially because he, in terms of personality, defines everything that's awful, unseemly, and tacky about Australian sport.

Ouch.

I don't care what the stats say, I reckon he deserves a spot in the team much more than the likes of Watson and Clarke. And I presume that useless Steve Smith is somehow still in the mix too?

The two best ODI teams in the world. These two will pull the fans, hopefully they play a India vs Sri Lanka match in Melbourne. They could get 30,000.

This two-test series nonsense is still happening though.

Shall we start the countdown to a racial controversy now? Will it be over allegations of dubious bowling technique from "my best friend is an Indian" Australians, or will a member of the Aussie team get embroiled in a racially charged sledging incident?

The Herald Sun is already drafting their articles, I'm sure. And The Age has a number of self-righteous editorials ready to publish the next day.

I wouldn't even say he's one of our best players, because he is just too fucking inconsistent. Every time he comes out, I expect him to toss his wicket away on a stupid attempted six before he's even in double figures, and I'm pleasantly surprised on the odd occasion he clocks up a 50 or a 100 or something even more blindingly amazing.

Even if he could get his shit together and bat more consistently, how on earth is he captain material? This is on the level of that child Shane Watson being given the Aussie vice-captaincy.

Fuck man I'm really missing cricket right now. Moved to Canada about 6 weeks ago and I think there's probably more chance of me watching the Extreme Ironing World Championships than catching a bit of test cricket on tv here.

Been watching some baseball but it's not the same :|

Zimbabwe in their return to test cricket, just beat what looks like a full strength Bangladesh by 130 runs. Great for them but jesus the Banglas should be accounting for them every time.

Zimbabwe in their return to test cricket, just beat what looks like a full strength Bangladesh by 130 runs. Great for them but jesus the Banglas should be accounting for them every time.

Epic fail by Bangladesh

epic_fail3.jpg

epic+fail.jpg

Holy shit, THAT catch of Warner by Mathews and Jayawardene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom