October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you can't see it up just yet but there is obvious activity going on. Some trucks, some crew personel having some kind of pow wow in the parking lot. I'll post them as soon as flickr goes back up.

I think it'll start arriving tomorrow maybe? I'm guessing it's coming from Phoenix. If I have time tomorrow I may drive out. If not, it will have to wait til Saturday on my way in from Vegas. :drool:

Do you drive by on your commute everyday?

^How close were you able to get to the Rose Bowl?

You can drive right in to the parking lot usually anytime, I was able to drive up on Sat night right up to the gates. We'll see how security is though once it arrives, I'm guessing you will still be able to get into the lots or at least right outside of them.

I think it'll start arriving tomorrow maybe? I'm guessing it's coming from Phoenix. If I have time tomorrow I may drive out. If not, it will have to wait til Saturday on my way in from Vegas. :drool:

Do you drive by on your commute everyday?

I live about three miles away so it's rather close for me to hop on the freeway and go back...

You can drive right in to the parking lot usually anytime, I was able to drive up on Sat night right up to the gates. We'll see how security is though once it arrives, I'm guessing you will still be able to get into the in the lots or at least right outside of them.

Yeah, it seems like security might get a bit tighter but it was close.

^Cool! Sounds like you are the "on the scene Claw Reporter."

It's a residential area, so at least parking around there will be easy for sneak peeks, I can't imagine security branching out into the neighborhood. :hmm:

I'm planning on taking my kids to Kidspace museum on Thursday - it's on the Rose Bowl grounds - I plan on doing a little scouting and will take pictures of anything interesting. (Of course, I'm taking them this week solely because I'm a selfless, generous parent - it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that the concert is in a few days). :wink:

You can drive right in to the parking lot usually anytime, I was able to drive up on Sat night right up to the gates. We'll see how security is though once it arrives, I'm guessing you will still be able to get into the lots or at least right outside of them.

Pretty close actually. I didn't get off my car or anything. I drove as close as I could.

Cool! Thanks!! I may need to take a drive Saturday morning.

Seat Location for Rose Bowl Question

Hello all,

New member here...going to see the show this Sunday. Very excited, my first U2 show since Zoo TV way back when (and also saw them on Joshua Tree before that).

I got a great deal on a pair of tix but wondering about the seat location -- the tix are Section 16-H, Row 36, Seats 111-112. Anyone have any clue if these are decent seats? If not, I'm thinking of selling these and upgrading.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

-Tom

Only other time I was at the Rose Bowl, Lilith Fair. :up: :reject:

Here ya go, Kram . . . a couple presents for you:

Head%20Wreath.JPG

6a00d83451c0f869e20120a56231c2970c-400wi

Hello all,

New member here...going to see the show this Sunday. Very excited, my first U2 show since Zoo TV way back when (and also saw them on Joshua Tree before that).

I got a great deal on a pair of tix but wondering about the seat location -- the tix are Section 16-H, Row 36, Seats 111-112. Anyone have any clue if these are decent seats? If not, I'm thinking of selling these and upgrading.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

-Tom

I'd say those are pretty good seats. The stage is so mammoth, that you'll definitely have a good view. (Martha has a better seating chart, but I can't find hers.)

BTW, I was at ZOO TV also . . . 4 of those shows. They were soooooooo good! :drool:

rose_bowl-1457-740-seating_chart.gif

I'm planning on taking my kids to Kidspace museum on Thursday - it's on the Rose Bowl grounds - I plan on doing a little scouting and will take pictures of anything interesting. (Of course, I'm taking them this week solely because I'm a selfless, generous parent - it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that the concert is in a few days). :wink:

To selfless parents :hi5: :wink:

Last time I was at the Rose Bowl was probably 1984 - for an Olympic Soccer match. I think Brazil might have been there. I just remember a lot of walking, and that I was ill that evening.

Oh, and this...

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Why did I go on Stubhub and look at all the GA tix available for Rose Bowl!????

:zen: Fitz cannot ditch his friend for a GA ticket. Fitz cannot ditch his friend for a GA ticket. :zen:

Ditch, ditch! lol... hey I already ditched my friends in the stands and upgraded to GA :applaud: ...although there's two of them, so they'll have company.

I'll be by myself, but in the pit with all you crazies!!! :wink:

I'm hoping for that at the high, Devlin. Hopefully cooler. Gonna be hot in GA all day. But it will be a BEAUTIFUL DAY :panic: :hyper:

Ooh, pics!!! :hyper:

So uh, due to one of my brothers having to back out last minute, I have no ride and nowhere to stay in Pasedena.

So um, halp?? :gah:

So uh, due to one of my brothers having to back out last minute, I have no ride and nowhere to stay in Pasedena.

I can't help with place to stay, but if you're GA I can hook you up with a ride. If you need a ride from Vegas, I can also help, but am leaving early in the morning on Saturday. For Sunday, I'm coming in from Downtown LA and will be attempting to get to the stadium by 8am.

Well, someone on interference was kind enough to send me a free GA ticket for the Rose Bowl show and I promised her I'd return whatever favor I could in the future (which I hope I would do anyway!) Kafrun if you need a place to stay after the show, my friends and I have a hotel room in Pasadena at the Hilton, and if you don't mind crashing on the floor, sleeping-bag style, you're welcome to stay there.

I'm driving down to LA from the Bay Area, and if you and/or anyone else needs a ride from there, let me know. As long as no one minds a lot of "Pop" being played on the stereo during the drive, lol :wink:

Here ya go, Kram . . . a couple presents for you:

Head%20Wreath.JPG

6a00d83451c0f869e20120a56231c2970c-400wi

HAHA! I bet you think you are the first guy to give me flowers. NOPE!

BTW--Besides the Rose Bowl, I traveled to see Lilith Fair in on Long Island, too. I loved Lilith Fair and Sarah and Natalie and all. And I don't care who knows it (on Interference, in the U2 Tour section, on the Rose Bowl thread, for those that are still reading this :reject:).

M

Yea I was at the Sept 17th show as well, had GA's was able to watch the show from all points of the floor, and got as close as Adam's side inner circle at my leisure.

Rose Bowl I just tried for GA's only on day of sale, if I didn;t get em then I wasn't gonna go to the show, but got pretty lucky. You staying in Pasedena? I'll be in Los Feliz.

I'm not sure if I'll be staying in Pasadena or with my friend in Hollywood. My preference is to stay closer to the Rose Bowl, so we'll see....

How far is Los Feliz from there?

I'm not sure if I'll be staying in Pasadena or with my friend in Hollywood. My preference is to stay closer to the Rose Bowl, so we'll see....

Los Feliz is a suburb of Hollywood, the drive on a normal day is probably half an hour. My guess is on this day it will take longer. Where I stay is close the the 5 freeway, so getting to 134 doesn't take long.

It is however on the Metro line so you could take the train to Pasadena and shuttle or walk into the stadium. It will save money and maybe time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom