Oct. 22, Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone in the world going to this sold out show ??? Haven't seen or heard of anyone besides me ??

Im going! Should there be a preparty? Maybe at Pipers Pub? or just somewhere closer like Primantis Bros? I hardly ever meet any Pittsburgh U2 Fans and would love to know Im not alone!

HI THERE. I WANT TO GO BUT DONT HAVE A TICKET. IF ANYONE HAS ANY CONTACTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HATE TO BUY FROM A BROKER BUT THAT'S WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN.

i'm going--looking for GAs and will just wait for a release at the box office the day of the show. see you all there :wave:

I'm going....never been to Pittsburgh!
My friend and I figured since we weren't doing anything before going to the Detroit shows, we might as well go see them in Pittsburgh too!
If anyone has Pittsburgh advice on what to do and what not to do - it'd be appreciated. Although we'll be in the city less than two hours.

I'll be in Pittsburgh too. Only been there once before. I can't wait for the show. Any recommendations on hotels close to the arena that aren't too expensive?

My husband and I and a friend are hoping to be able to attend this show. We're looking for GAs, if anybody has any to spare. Any info on the arena, the area, hotels, etc. would also be welcome, as I've never been to Pittsburgh before.

Hope to meet you all there!

I have GAs for the Pittsburgh show. The arena is old, but almost all the seats are good (I've been there for many concerts and hockey games). There is a Marriot almost directly across the street from Mellon Arena; it is pretty nice, and reasonably priced. The nicest hotel in the city, the William Penn, is about a 10 minute walk from Mellon. I live about an hour from Pittsburgh, and although the show sold out instantly, the only people I know going are friends of mine, so there must be many fans coming from out of town. See you there!

linrnmsncns said:
I have GAs for the Pittsburgh show. The arena is old, but almost all the seats are good (I've been there for many concerts and hockey games). There is a Marriot almost directly across the street from Mellon Arena; it is pretty nice, and reasonably priced. The nicest hotel in the city, the William Penn, is about a 10 minute walk from Mellon. I live about an hour from Pittsburgh, and although the show sold out instantly, the only people I know going are friends of mine, so there must be many fans coming from out of town. See you there!

Thanks for the info linrnmsncns!

see you all there...i'm still looking for GAs but I think some will turn up eventually. Nice to know there is a hotel across the street, so thanks for that :wave:

Where to stay?

Mellon Arena's website suggest the following places to stay

William Penn
Westin
Double Tree
Sheraton Hotel Station
Marriott

What ones are in walking distance? What ones are reasonably priced? I wonder what one U2 will be staying... They have a two day night break before Detroit!

Any suggestions on restaurants in the area?

Thanks!

The Marriot is almost directly acrossed the street from Mellon Arena; I've never stayed there, but I've heard it's pretty nice. The William Penn is by far the nicest hotel in town; it's about a 10-15 minute walk; I'm pretty sure that's where U2 will be staying - celebrities or visiting sports teams usually stay there when in town. I stayed there last year, and Prince was there. I wouldn't recommend the Sheraton Station Square.
As far as restaurants, there is the Steelhead Grille inside the Marriot, which is pretty good. There is also a restaurant inside the William Penn (I think it's called the Terrace Room, I forgot for sure); it is nice and has a good wine list. There is also a great fondue place (The Melting Pot) in Station Square. However, that's further from the Arena and Pittsburgh can be rather confusing to drive in.
I can't think of any other nice restaurants within walking distance of the Arena, but I'll think about it (sorry, I'm on pain meds and not too functional!)
I hope that helps!

*evil grin* I wonder the boys will be staying...:wink:

can't wait til next month!!!!

btw, anyone have idea who maybe opening up? :)

Last edited:
Anyone with GA's...what time are you arriving? I'm driving from Akron, OH about 1-1/2 hrs. that orning Planning to drive home after the show to save $$$ (the ticket just about killed me!)

Is anyone camping out for this?

I am considering it, but want to make sure they'll be other dorks around... :crazy: :wink:

I just got GAs today on Ebay!!!! I'm so excited! This will be my first GA experience and Pittsburgh is my hometown!!!! :dance:

Also, I really want to go out after the show, but the friend I'm going with is under 21. Do any Pittsburghers know if that new Irish pub in South Side Works cards people at the door? Thanks! :)

Ok, so really, anyone with experience doing GA here? Is it possible to camp? :huh:

A friend and I are coming from NC for the show with GA tickets. We plan on being there early in the AM. This will be my first show on this tour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom