Oasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
I just bought my first Oasis cd, Heathen Chemistry. I like it, a lot.
fah, fah, fah

and here I was thinking you were cool

even though I knew that you are canadian

:D

I held off as long as I could but I couldn't help myself.

There it was in the bargain cd bin at my grocery store for $3.77.

I wont tell what else I bought or your opinion of me might go even lower.....

$3.77 is a bargain though :up:

I forgot what the singles from Heather Chemistry were though :hmm:

I don't know and I'm staring at the cd right now:

the hindutimes
force of nature
hung in a place
stop crying your heart out
songbird
little by little
a quick peep
(probably) all in the mind
she is love
born on a different cloud
better man

hmm, I think "The Hindu Times"

and if I'm not mistaken Liam wrote "Songbird"

I'm training my memory by trying to remember useless music related stuff :up:

According to the little booklet....
Liam wrote: songbird, born on a different cloud & better day
Gem wrote: hung in a bad place
Andy wrote: a quick peep
Noel wrote: the rest of them

ok - so, we confess everytime we buy stuff?

I am so confused.

People buy albums all the time and post about it in bang and clatter....not sure why this is different?

Last edited:
Songbird :heart: I like some of their earlier stuff better like What's the story morning glory :) you might like that fah.
I seen them in concert once but I didn't really enjoy it, it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be.

you can confess whatever you want in here zonee. within the usual guidelines and all the etc's.

i got whats the story, and have to admit i really like it. well, i used to anyway. then my hatred for the brothers gallagher took over and....the rest as they say is history
:wink:

It doesn't really seem like a confession to me. It seems like it is better placed in bang and clatter. She simply bought an album...what makes that a "confession?" Did Fah hate Oasis previously? Is there some stigma that has been placed on Oasis that I am not familiar with that buying one of there albums is now socially unaccepetable in some circles?

Help me understand this confession. I like to know what goes on in people's minds when they take actions - even if they are silly small ones like posting things in certain spots of a forum. Why is this a confession for you, rather than a topic of conversation about the album (which, in the order provided here at Interference.com, would mean this thread would fit in Bang and Clatter). Or, (and this is a question for mods), are we going back to a more "free form post stuff where ever" setting? Does "Anything goes" in zoo confessionals?

Who decides what is a confession? You (the viewer) or the poster (confessor)?

Lets look at this in a general sense. Oasis rode high on a wave of popularity and then spectacularly crashed due to Brothers Gallagher's Waltons type escapades. They are now largely considered a joke by many people.

[continuing in a modly manner]
the rules of this place haven't changed. Fah might very well be of the opinion to like Oasis is a tad embarrassing or whatever. She chose to admit she bought a cd in a bargain bin in her shop for $3.77. I think it is pretty funny. Others look to be thinking the same thing. You dont have to agree. BUT you also dont suddenly make it a non valid confession.

:) <---------- smilie

:eek: I still like Oasis.

I mean, I am not sure if they were ever "relevant" (I feel like they ripped off the Stone Roses), but I like their style of music. And they weren't too bad when I saw them less than two years ago (with Mrs. Edge and Wackamole in toronto).

Good lord

zonelistener said:
It doesn't really seem like a confession to me. It seems like it is better placed in bang and clatter. She simply bought an album...what makes that a "confession?" Did Fah hate Oasis previously? Is there some stigma that has been placed on Oasis that I am not familiar with that buying one of there albums is now socially unaccepetable in some circles?

Help me understand this confession. I like to know what goes on in people's minds when they take actions - even if they are silly small ones like posting things in certain spots of a forum. Why is this a confession for you, rather than a topic of conversation about the album (which, in the order provided here at Interference.com, would mean this thread would fit in Bang and Clatter). Or, (and this is a question for mods), are we going back to a more "free form post stuff where ever" setting? Does "Anything goes" in zoo confessionals?

Why does it concern you that much? I mean, holy crap! Let it go. If you think a thread should be moved, report it to a mod. If you want to know what's going on in fah's mind, pm her. Dont make such a big stink about it all over someone else's thread. That's just rude. Let the mods do their jobs. Obviously if we feel it should be moved we'd move it.

Is your life that uneventful that you have to worry so much about where a thread on an internet forum should go??

Seriously.

:|

Re: Good lord

Sicy said:

Why does it concern you that much? I mean, holy crap! Let it go. If you think a thread should be moved, report it to a mod. If you want to know what's going on in fah's mind, pm her. Dont make such a big stink about it all over someone else's thread. That's just rude. Let the mods do their jobs. Obviously if we feel it should be moved we'd move it.

Is your life that uneventful that you have to worry so much about where a thread on an internet forum should go??

Seriously.

Who's making a big deal of it now? I have spoken with a mod and moved on!

YOU made a big deal by posting the same question multiple times in this thread. Sorry I am late to respond but I cannot sit here and read this crap and not say something.

Everyone, lets just take a deep breath....

I had never really liked Oasis. I just didn't hear what everybody heard when they said they were so great. My brother is a big Oasis fan, told me they were great and you know, he was right about U2. But I just couldn't get past the fact that they seemed like such jerks. Then I went shopping, checked the bargain cd bin, found an Oasis cd, bought it, liked it, thinking about buying another one.

My confession....I didn't give their music the chance it deserved and as it turns out that was my loss.

Back
Top Bottom