NLOTH in 320kbps sounds suprisingly better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit, the 320 really does sound better...and I've only listened to the first track. The percussion was so much clear and everything was separated out so much better. Awesome.

Which version of the 320 rip do you have? The sharego or NTL one?

Let me know if you think either is better quality. I have both but can't really tell the difference-- its small enough that it could just be my head telling me that its better. :ohmy:

Torrents usually have the name of the person(s) who releases/uploads them. In this case somebody or some people who call themslelves V0 have released this version of the album.

No. V0 refers to the encoding. V0 is the best variable bit rate encoding method.

It's basically 320kbps variable instead of 320kbs fixed. So a V0 file will be smaller than a 320kbps fixed file but should have nearly identical sound quality. I highly doubt anyone could tell the difference.

Let me know if you think either is better quality. I have both but can't really tell the difference-- its small enough that it could just be my head telling me that its better. :ohmy:

I don't have sharego, but NTL sounds amazing compared to the original 256 kbps leak. From what others in this thread have also said, it looks like NTL is the way to go. It probably doesn't really matter unless you have audiophile speakers/headphones. Not too big of deal at this point anyway since the CD will be here shortly.

No. V0 refers to the encoding. V0 is the best variable bit rate encoding method.

It's basically 320kbps variable instead of 320kbs fixed. So a V0 file will be smaller than a 320kbps fixed file but should have nearly identical sound quality. I highly doubt anyone could tell the difference.
i can tell the difference EVERYTIME

Woah, I got the V0 ones from the atease forum - It makes the rockier tracks like Breathe & Stand up sound a little clearer... And it makes "Being Born" sound even better - Bono's shouts seem to have more layers to them than I hear on the original rip...

By the way, Being Born is creeping it's way to the top of my list... it's such a trip of a song...
yeah being born was the only one i liked from the first listen but the rest is growing on me somewhat

Wow this 320kbps sounds really great, but I doubt it'll make a big difference.

I'll wait until this baby arrives in the mail! :D

Back
Top Bottom