NLOTH - advanced release in Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdirani

War Child
As I always do, I checked today HMV.jp and they had this tidbts on the album's release that comes out earlier for the lucky Japanese fans.
No tracklisting as yet, but a nice heads-up :)
I hope it hasn't been posted yet...if it has, I apologise.

���y �����j���[�X/U2 New Album!!/HMV

nolinepressshot_p.jpg

U2 Have Completed First New Album in 4 1/2 Years!!

About 4 1/2 years on from the big hit album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" released in 2004 and sold over 9million copies worldwide, U2 have now completed their 12th studio-recording album!

For the new album recording the band initially were working with Rick Rubin as a producer, but all the tracks at the producers hand have been set aside and instead they newly hired Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois to get involved in the works, with help from Steve Lillywhite.

The recording started off in Fez, Morocco last year, continued at the band's own studio in Dublin, then at Platinum Sound Recording Studio in NYC, and ended at the Olympic Studio in London.
A brand new track off the new album is expected to be available for streaming in January. According to Bono the single:

"Boasts a totally different type of sound to our past songs, or to anything that you get to hear anywhere in the world right now."

This may be already the advent of the album of the year 2009, maybe?!

Advance Release in Japan - February 25th

No Line On The Horizon?yCD?z-U2/???y/HMV

u2_photo2.jpg

Wha- they're releasing NLOTH a week earlier in Japan than everywhere else?! Am I mistaken? :lol:

Do Japanese CD's play on Western players? :hmm:

i thought bootlegging was much more of a problem in asia so maybe they are trying to beat the rush of that? :hmm:

Japanese Mp3s do...

I'm assuming if this is true, this is some sort of plan to combat piracy - not sure how good a job it will do for the rest of the world though...

Isn't this basically like leaking the CD to Western radio's etc? They'll all be playing the album before it's even out over here. And given how much people moan about leaks, seems a bit weird.

Feb 25 means Feb 24th in the US - so thats probably the latest possible leak date.

Isn't this basically like leaking the CD to Western radio's etc? They'll all be playing the album before it's even out over here. And given how much people moan about leaks, seems a bit weird.

Well it comes out in Ireland and some other euro countries two days after that

Albums are just released on different days around the world

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom