NJ to allow civil unions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
How do you know it's based on lies, telephone to God?

Any being that would want to tie humanity up with a blood debt for two millenia couldn't have a problem with making some people gay just to test them out or mess them up.

:confused:

Last edited:
nathan1977 said:

The question in my mind is ultimately whether pastors and churches should be mandated to perform marriages that they disagree with on religious grounds. The question could easily be addressed by the proposal indra raised.

We've all heard of some Catholic priests refusing to marry a couple because one of them wasn't Catholic. It's allowed. No one wants to force any churches into the 21st century if they don't wanna go.

What makes a bastard deity any less likely than a kind, loving and inclusive deity? If the whole world was the product of God then the presence of evil and natural bad occurances not to do with free will wouldn't exclude it. Both sides of that coin should be questioned, hell, both of the reactions when one faction accuses the other of misinterpreting the text is worth the price of admission.

A_Wanderer said:
How do you know it's based on lies, telephone to God?

Since you've ignored the number of threads that show the misinterpretation of scripture then yes, A_Wanderer I have a telephone to God. Would you like to send him a message?

nathan1977 said:

The question in my mind is ultimately whether pastors and churches should be mandated to perform marriages that they disagree with on religious grounds. The question could easily be addressed by the proposal indra raised.

You don't need indra's proposal for that.

In Canada, our Supreme Court stated that churches cannot be compelled to perform gay marriage because they are covered by the Charter of Rights.

If a church doesn't want to perform a gay marriage, I don't think they should have to, even though I support gay marriage. It's not going to happen in my own church, the Roman Catholic Church. We have a very conservative pope. Subsequent popes are going to be too conservative to change the church's position on gay marriage. If a gay couple wants a religious marriage, they'll have to find a clergy person willing to marry them. There are plenty of liberal Protestant ministers who can do this. Unitarian Universalists can do this. I have a gay Catholic friend, but I think gays, generally speaking, are more comfortable in the spiritual communities where liberals have more of a voice than they do in the ones that are governed by conservatives.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom