NIN Remixing U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenlight7-11

War Child
I just got word that Trent Reznor and Keith Hillebrandt have remixed something (most likely for the next single). The info comes from the FAQ at the official site of Keith's own musical project, called Magdalene's Dream.

Here's what it says:

Q: What is Keith doing now?

A: Keith just finished doing four U2 remixes with Trent, and he's doing some work on the NIN new album.

Here's the link to the FAQ:
http://magdalenesdream.com/light/faqs.htm

I forgot to say that I am really interested to see what this will be like, as NIN is one of my favorite bands.

:confused:

something i never thought i'd see happen...

yeah, my guess would be 'love and peace', possibly 'vertigo' (the jacknife lee mix was kind of dark and dingy, imagine what trent could do it).

this could be interesting...

Last edited:
Well, Bono and Edge were into NIN at the time of Pretty Hate Machine and it was music in that vein that partly inspired the sounds of AB.

greenlight7-11 said:
I forgot to say that I am really interested to see what this will be like, as NIN is one of my favorite bands.

Im a fan too. Have u heard that their new album will now be titled, 'WITH TEETH', and not 'BLEEDTHROUGH' as was first announced?
Not too sure about that one myself!

Trent's been a fan of U2 for a long time - this is not surprising. I'm excited about it, b/c I'd enjoy the edgy-ness he would bring to a song. And, didn't former NIN member Chris Vrenna remix Elevation or something for the Tomb Raider soundtrack?

Reznor looked like a deranged ZooTV-era Bono for a while there. Haven't seen him in the last several years, so can't say if the same is still true.

a NIN member (can't remember who right now) has also remixed Elevation. I remember reading the interview where he said Edge liked his remix very much and asked him for advice on how to make the song sound harder for the tour, and he was thinking like "Fuck, The Edge, asking ME for advice????"

i like NIN as well, Hurt is an awesome poem/song

Yeah, Chris Vrenna (NIN's former drummer and all-around studio guy) remixed Elevation for the Tomb Raider soundtrack. It was a good mix. He's done lots of nice mixes for people since he left NIN.

And Aardvark... Yeah, I heard about it and I think it sucks. But bleedthrough did sound kind of nu-metal, so I guess With Teeth is better somehow.

Last edited:
How about this????

Single

1. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (single edit)
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Nine Inch Nails 7"remix)
3. A Celebration (Nine Inch Nails 7" remix)

Maxi Single

1. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (single edit)
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Nine Inch Nails 10"remix)
3. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Nine Inch Nails 12"remix)
4. Mercy

That'd be cool wouldn't it? :drool: :D

This is great news!

I wouldn't expect a Reznor mix to be like Vrenna's mix, I would expect it to be even better.

He has remixed Ice Cube, Puff Daddy and Bowie among others and all of them were better than the originals. Especially the turd known as Victory by P Diddy, his remix was great.

Now, I wouldn't expect it to be better than the U2 original, but I thought Vrenna's version was at least as good as U2's Elevation.

I am guessing it's Love and Peace or Else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom